**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Defender diversity in the bin

I guess it's time to throw defender diversity in bin since most of mid to high tier alliances will not be doing 100% maps anymore. Time to place as many korgs, modoks and havoks! Just my opinion, you guys may differ

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Attlia said:

I guess it's time to throw defender diversity in bin since most of mid to high tier alliances will not be doing 100% maps anymore. Time to place as many korgs, modoks and havoks! Just my opinion, you guys may differ

what do you call mid tier?
  • Options
    AttliaAttlia Posts: 63
    Around tier 5-7?
  • Options
    Attlia said:

Around tier 5-7?

tier 4 and we complete it fairly easily. Defender diversity is still pretty important.
  • Options
    We can get way more points by abusing nodes. Attack bonus in the bin and you get a win lol
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Attlia said:

Around tier 5-7?

tier 4 and we complete it fairly easily. Defender diversity is still pretty important.
    Tier 4 here, defender diversity doesnt really exist. Everyone places multiple korgs, modoks, dominos and killmongers and now it will be even worse
  • Options

Lormif said:

Attlia said:

Around tier 5-7?

Tier 4 here, defender diversity doesnt really exist. Everyone places multiple korgs, modoks, dominos and killmongers and now it will be even worse
    everyone we are fighting has between 130 and 140 defender diversity
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Attlia said:

Around tier 5-7?

Guess personal experiences differ a lot. It used to be 110 to 130 for us but with the new map its around 100 to 120
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Attlia said:

Around tier 5-7?

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Attlia said:

Around tier 5-7?

Maybe the reason you compete it easily is you have faced people that have not yet quite caught on.
  • Options
    We are tier 4 and faced people with 88 diversity while we had 135 and we lost by a lot. They just had too many korgs, dominos etc
  • Options
    Agreed @GluteusMaximus As it stands, this is likely a temporary/short term problem. We run full 150 diversity and had nearly equal defense kills as our opponent running 130. It's sad that people spam the grids. With our layout, you never fight the same champ twice. Ever. That keeps it interesting, and typically works to our advantage. If you spam out the grid, players get used to those champs faster and are less likely to lose once they're in the groove.

Eventually these extremely 'hard combos' will become too commonplace and no longer wil be difficult. Simply due to repetition. So bare that in mind when you throw up 10 Korgs, 10 NCs, 10 Dominos, 10 Things, etc. It's a temporary thing and will eventually become less effective.

However, they COULD raise the points allotted from diversity to further reward those that DON'T spam the grid. This would in turn encourage and incentivize diversity over spam techniques. It gets old and tiresome fast. It takes time, effort, and tact to work with full diversity. Just making the diversity list is a task unto itself. Then the layout also becomes more of a task. Any idiot can throw a bunch of would be 'God Tier' defenders all over the place. Not exactly a brain buster.
  • Options

potential attack bonus points (or lack thereof) will always be greater than diversity points. with the new bottlenecks and nodes it's clear the game meta is actively encouraging attacker diversity. early success in the new map will be short- lived as everyone figures out where best to put the same 7-9 defenders. After all, not everyone's going to be able to trot out a trio attack squad that sports DOT/true strike/ power control/ double immune/sp3-eating/buff-nullifying/persistent charged crit attacks - on all paths!

Ghost can overcome most of these. Ghost is one of the only champs steamrolling this new map, corvus being a close 2nd.
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Lormif said:

Attlia said:

Around tier 5-7?

When I was in the military we sent our best to war. Not our most diverse.

Just saying diversity has no real use
    The game mode is named War, it's not actual War. Lol.
    Irrelevant it's a contest game war. Whatever if you want to win you should always send your best...

Forced diversity is a terrible thing imo
    Without diversity and both teams clear the map no deaths who wins?
  • Options
    @Drooped2 That's an odd way to put it. The worse defense? Let's be honest here, there's plenty of decent defenders these days. Throwing a bunch of the same champs in a row won't guarantee attack bonus loss. In my eyes, makes it that much easier.

We tried the spam the grid technique and we got less kills over our diversity lineup. Keeping players on their toes, not giving them the same champ twice, seems to work better in my experience. In the end, to each their own, but I like guaranteed points personally.

You'd be surprised how often our off beat, not so good defenders get kills. Simply because players don't fight them as often as the would be 'good defenders.' There's a method to the madness. At the end of the day, do what works best for you.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

@Drooped2 That's an odd way to put it. The worse defense? Let's be honest here, there's plenty of decent defenders these days. Throwing a bunch of the same champs in a row won't guarantee attack bonus loss. In my eyes, makes it that much easier.

We tried the spam the grid technique and we got less kills over our diversity lineup. Keeping players on their toes, not giving them the same champ twice, seems to work better in my experience. In the end, to each their own, but I like guaranteed points personally.

You'd be surprised how often our off beat, not so good defenders get kills. Simply because players don't fight them as often as the would be 'good defenders.' There's a method to the madness. At the end of the day, do what works best for you.

I'm with you. War is bloody monotonous with the same handful of Champs used over and over.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Lormif said:

Attlia said:

Around tier 5-7?

When I was in the military we sent our best to war. Not our most diverse.

Just saying diversity has no real use
    The game mode is named War, it's not actual War. Lol.
    Irrelevant it's a contest game war. Whatever if you want to win you should always send your best...

Forced diversity is a terrible thing imo
    It's called War. It's not the same as actual War. I've heard the comparison made many times, regarding Items, regarding Diversity, regarding Defender Kills, etc. For some reason, people think the logic of actual Wars is meant to apply here. It's not.
  • Options
    Let's see which school of thought prevails in the immediate future! Wars are clown fiesta anyways with this new map. So might as well abuse the system and maybe that makes the game team see the flaw in their design. Maybe something can help community rather than just taking any **** that we are given with a glass of water. May the common sense prevail
  • Options
    Historically, abusing the system never works out. Lol.
  • Options
    Just for the laughs man!
  • Options
    I like cleaner forums 😂