6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

145791026

Comments

  • MixalisMixalis Posts: 393 ★★

    Kabam, you still looking into this? Honestly, this fight is straight BS. Another case of Kabam failing to test content prior to its release. Let’s look at this fight closely. You need...

    A Shock Immune Champion to bypass the Shock (Gulk & Power Control Champs work too)
    A Poison Immune Champion to bypass the Poison
    A Heal Block Champion to control the Regeneration
    A Champion with Fury to bypass the Damage Reduction
    Must be a 5-Star or 6-Star (Act 6 Requirements)

    The only hard counter I can think of is Gulk with Heimdall, also needing Angela or Hella for the synergy (all as 5-stars or 6-stars, might I add).
    There is no way on earth a Kabam Employee could play through this fight & be like...
    ”This is awesome! A great, skill based & interactive fight that players will love!”
    Doesn’t make sense.


    The only thing we're looking into is the Caustic Temper node. The rest of it is functioning as designed. This is not going to be an easy fight, and it's not meant to be. There are quite a few different Champions and Champion combinations that will work, but this is going to test the depth of your roster and your RPG Knowledge.
    Which “quite a few” champions or champion combinations can solo this fight? If you don’t have a 5* heimdall and hela/Angela for the fury synergy it is impossible to get through him without revives. Most people don’t have a 5-6* heimdall and some may never get him. There aren’t any other options.
    They're making stuff up. They know this fight is a massive money grab. They're basing it on luck, for whoever pulls a 5* or 6" Hela/Angela. I have Heimdall. We should have more counters
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,476 ★★★★
    Lol. Should have let the dev kept the local as Buffed Up instead. Equal misery for all. 😂😂
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,711 ★★★★★
    The 4* gate does seem kind of stupid at this point. No one is using Heimdall to fight. He is there for synergy. I burned a lot of units trying for him as a 5* and got a 4* for my efforts. So I've got to use revives when I could solo him with my 4* on the team. Not the end of the world but annoying.
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 165
    xNig said:

    If you think it can be done pretty easily without heimdall and hela/Angela synergy post a vid of the fight. Don’t come here with that end game nonsense it just proves you haven’t actually fought him.


    Lol. I already fought the much harder version of him 2 months back.

    If you can name me 2 champs (even with synergies) that can take him down should Caustic Temper be replaced with Buffed Up, I’m all ears.

    (Gonna add that Caustic Temper was my suggestion 😬)
    Cull obsidian, Angela, crossbones, ghost, aegon, captain marvel movie, night thrasher, hela, electro (with heimdall, magik and angela), venom, Carnage, venom the duck.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,476 ★★★★
    edited June 13

    xNig said:

    If you think it can be done pretty easily without heimdall and hela/Angela synergy post a vid of the fight. Don’t come here with that end game nonsense it just proves you haven’t actually fought him.


    Lol. I already fought the much harder version of him 2 months back.

    If you can name me 2 champs (even with synergies) that can take him down should Caustic Temper be replaced with Buffed Up, I’m all ears.

    (Gonna add that Caustic Temper was my suggestion 😬)
    Cull obsidian, Angela, crossbones, ghost, aegon, captain marvel movie, night thrasher, hela, electro (with heimdall, magik and angela), venom, Carnage, venom the duck.
    Tried all mentioned except Cull. Item fest. Electro with Heimdall Magik Hela only gives you 2 buffs btw.

    You’ll generate too many buffs and when he uses a special you die almost instantly. Not to mention you need at least 3 buffs to start dealing damage and his sp1 reflects all debuffs back to you (so Venom, VtD, Carnage bleeds are insta-death).

    I even explored Civil Warrior chain sp2, died on the way to reach sp2. Crossbones don’t work too. Almost impossible to not die while trying to maintain 3 buffs.

    Angela’s multi buffs are awesome, but she relies on crit to deal good damage and with her alternating Armor/Fury/Precision, lots of stacks of shocks.

    Aegon? 3 buffs? You get furies when you get hit. With a class disadvantage, you sure about that? And you need to get hit repeatedly to maintain your furies iirc.

    Cpt Marvel movie, how many buffs does she have?

    Beta testers did a lot of testing and the final result was, if you don’t plan to spend 1k units per takedown against Sinister + Buffed Up, there are 2 possible counters, one of which requires Heimdall synergy.
  • xTigerMasterxTigerMaster Posts: 21
    If they fix caustic temper Maybe is doable even if you don't have a fury... it would take ages but champions like sentinel or rulk would start to actually make a dent on this guy... sadly I dont' have heimdall/angela-hela sinergy as 5 or 6 stars, but if caustic temper gets fixed then I wouldn't have to take my 4/55 hyperion and die on repeat so many times to take him down. Any news on the caustic temper fix?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,476 ★★★★
    edited June 13

    If they fix caustic temper Maybe is doable even if you don't have a fury... it would take ages but champions like sentinel or rulk would start to actually make a dent on this guy... sadly I dont' have heimdall/angela-hela sinergy as 5 or 6 stars, but if caustic temper gets fixed then I wouldn't have to take my 4/55 hyperion and die on repeat so many times to take him down. Any news on the caustic temper fix?

    Hopefully soon. I believe it’s more of a “Sinister” fix compared to a Caustic Temper fix.
  • LainuaLainua Posts: 660 ★★★

    Lainua said:

    I am worried about Mr Minister regeneration ability. How bad it is guys?

    you need one of like 4 champs and probably Heim/Hela. If you do it;s not that bad.
    Having Hela but not Heimdall and Angela. I don’t have choices.
    xNig said:

    xNig said:

    If you think it can be done pretty easily without heimdall and hela/Angela synergy post a vid of the fight. Don’t come here with that end game nonsense it just proves you haven’t actually fought him.


    Lol. I already fought the much harder version of him 2 months back.

    If you can name me 2 champs (even with synergies) that can take him down should Caustic Temper be replaced with Buffed Up, I’m all ears.

    (Gonna add that Caustic Temper was my suggestion 😬)
    Cull obsidian, Angela, crossbones, ghost, aegon, captain marvel movie, night thrasher, hela, electro (with heimdall, magik and angela), venom, Carnage, venom the duck.
    Tried all mentioned except Cull. Item fest. Electro with Heimdall Magik Hela only gives you 2 buffs btw.

    You’ll generate too many buffs and when he uses a special you die almost instantly. Not to mention you need at least 3 buffs to start dealing damage and his sp1 reflects all debuffs back to you (so Venom, VtD, Carnage bleeds are insta-death).

    I even explored Civil Warrior chain sp2, died on the way to reach sp2. Crossbones don’t work too. Almost impossible to not die while trying to maintain 3 buffs.

    Angela’s multi buffs are awesome, but she relies on crit to deal good damage and with her alternating Armor/Fury/Precision, lots of stacks of shocks.

    Aegon? 3 buffs? You get furies when you get hit. With a class disadvantage, you sure about that? And you need to get hit repeatedly to maintain your furies iirc.

    Cpt Marvel movie, how many buffs does she have?

    Beta testers did a lot of testing and the final result was, if you don’t plan to spend 1k units per takedown against Sinister + Buffed Up, there are 2 possible counters, one of which requires Heimdall synergy.
    Which is the other one?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,476 ★★★★
    Lainua said:

    Lainua said:

    I am worried about Mr Minister regeneration ability. How bad it is guys?

    you need one of like 4 champs and probably Heim/Hela. If you do it;s not that bad.
    Having Hela but not Heimdall and Angela. I don’t have choices.
    xNig said:

    xNig said:

    If you think it can be done pretty easily without heimdall and hela/Angela synergy post a vid of the fight. Don’t come here with that end game nonsense it just proves you haven’t actually fought him.


    Lol. I already fought the much harder version of him 2 months back.

    If you can name me 2 champs (even with synergies) that can take him down should Caustic Temper be replaced with Buffed Up, I’m all ears.

    (Gonna add that Caustic Temper was my suggestion 😬)
    Cull obsidian, Angela, crossbones, ghost, aegon, captain marvel movie, night thrasher, hela, electro (with heimdall, magik and angela), venom, Carnage, venom the duck.
    Tried all mentioned except Cull. Item fest. Electro with Heimdall Magik Hela only gives you 2 buffs btw.

    You’ll generate too many buffs and when he uses a special you die almost instantly. Not to mention you need at least 3 buffs to start dealing damage and his sp1 reflects all debuffs back to you (so Venom, VtD, Carnage bleeds are insta-death).

    I even explored Civil Warrior chain sp2, died on the way to reach sp2. Crossbones don’t work too. Almost impossible to not die while trying to maintain 3 buffs.

    Angela’s multi buffs are awesome, but she relies on crit to deal good damage and with her alternating Armor/Fury/Precision, lots of stacks of shocks.

    Aegon? 3 buffs? You get furies when you get hit. With a class disadvantage, you sure about that? And you need to get hit repeatedly to maintain your furies iirc.

    Cpt Marvel movie, how many buffs does she have?

    Beta testers did a lot of testing and the final result was, if you don’t plan to spend 1k units per takedown against Sinister + Buffed Up, there are 2 possible counters, one of which requires Heimdall synergy.
    Which is the other one?
    Voodoo. The newly introduced counter is Cull.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,476 ★★★★
    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Lol. Should have let the dev kept the local as Buffed Up instead. Equal misery for all. 😂😂

    or maybe next time they can chose better beta testers who gives feedback on making endgame fights fun and fair not to mention a dumb fight that requires specific teams or champs

    Oh. You mean like you? Would you like to swallow your words again?
    i didn't say anything about me. you are the only one sucking at beta tests hence another cash grab content. i think kabam can do a much better job if they removed you the so called stuck up beta tester

    Apparently having all my suggestions being implemented says a lot, like nerfing Champion, removing Plagued Mind from Mordo, lowering class gate requirements by 1 etc. Guess you’re just too closed minded or roster deficient to be in the beta.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,476 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

    xNig said:

    If they fix caustic temper Maybe is doable even if you don't have a fury... it would take ages but champions like sentinel or rulk would start to actually make a dent on this guy... sadly I dont' have heimdall/angela-hela sinergy as 5 or 6 stars, but if caustic temper gets fixed then I wouldn't have to take my 4/55 hyperion and die on repeat so many times to take him down. Any news on the caustic temper fix?

    Hopefully soon. I believe it’s more of a “Sinister” fix compared to a Caustic Temper fix.
    Agreed the issue is with sinister not the node.
    Well interaction I guess the game registers your FULL HIT sinister sees (13000 damage) and heals back his 70 percent.
    The node I'm assuming is a split second later then that interaction and cancels the 13000 for a 90 percent reduced 13k but the heal already registered..

    Easy fix would be to force them to cross check eachother so actual damage is what triggered the heal instead of potential damage before the node triggered
    Yup agreed. I believe that’s cause of how it’s coded (not very sure cause I don’t know coding). It could be just X damage caused to Sinister, regen 0.7 x X health. Then X damage is reduced by 90% and damage done to Sinister is 0.1 x X.

    Might be abit tricky to fix. Hopefully they’ll be able to find a way to do so.

    Reminds me of the time I used Rulk to clear the Caustic Temper DS in 6.1. 200+ hits ftw. Lol
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,881 ★★★★★
    What I don’t like about this fight is the rng involved with having one of the few specific counters as a 5* or a 5* heimdall and Angela
    Like the thanos fight last month was amazing because I feel if you had enough skill there you could use basically any1 and not take any unavoidable damage
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,399 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Lol. Should have let the dev kept the local as Buffed Up instead. Equal misery for all. 😂😂

    or maybe next time they can chose better beta testers who gives feedback on making endgame fights fun and fair not to mention a dumb fight that requires specific teams or champs

    Oh. You mean like you? Would you like to swallow your words again?
    also if you don't have nothing constructive to add to post like posting your videos on clearing these type of contents and only resort to attacking people personally then you don't even deserve to be here
    He was in the Beta for it. Lol.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,881 ★★★★★
    Caustic temper is the only problem here probably gonna have to wait to get a heimdall
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,476 ★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

    What I don’t like about this fight is the rng involved with having one of the few specific counters as a 5* or a 5* heimdall and Angela
    Like the thanos fight last month was amazing because I feel if you had enough skill there you could use basically any1 and not take any unavoidable damage

    Yes. However, amongst the 2 evils, Caustic is the lesser evil and has a wider array of counters as compared to Buffed Up.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,881 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

    Kobster84 said:

    What I don’t like about this fight is the rng involved with having one of the few specific counters as a 5* or a 5* heimdall and Angela
    Like the thanos fight last month was amazing because I feel if you had enough skill there you could use basically any1 and not take any unavoidable damage

    Yes. However, amongst the 2 evils, Caustic is the lesser evil and has a wider array of counters as compared to Buffed Up.
    Normally I would say yes but on this fight I feel caustic temper is worse
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,476 ★★★★
    edited June 13
    Kobster84 said:

    xNig said:

    Kobster84 said:

    What I don’t like about this fight is the rng involved with having one of the few specific counters as a 5* or a 5* heimdall and Angela
    Like the thanos fight last month was amazing because I feel if you had enough skill there you could use basically any1 and not take any unavoidable damage

    Yes. However, amongst the 2 evils, Caustic is the lesser evil and has a wider array of counters as compared to Buffed Up.
    Normally I would say yes but on this fight I feel caustic temper is worse
    Buffed Up is a lot worse. Nothing I tried work, which is quite saddening. I was reduced to using Civil Warrior and trying to get him down. The main issue with Buffed Up was 3 buffs, and EMP punishes having too many buffs, which by itself is contradictory.

    (PS. Replacing Buffed Up with Caustic Temper was my suggestion. #cuethehate lol)
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,881 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

    Kobster84 said:

    xNig said:

    Kobster84 said:

    What I don’t like about this fight is the rng involved with having one of the few specific counters as a 5* or a 5* heimdall and Angela
    Like the thanos fight last month was amazing because I feel if you had enough skill there you could use basically any1 and not take any unavoidable damage

    Yes. However, amongst the 2 evils, Caustic is the lesser evil and has a wider array of counters as compared to Buffed Up.
    Normally I would say yes but on this fight I feel caustic temper is worse
    Buffed Up is a lot worse. Nothing I tried work, which is quite saddening. I was reduced to using Civil Warrior and trying to get him down. The main issue with Buffed Up was 3 buffs, and EMP punishes having too many buffs, which by itself is contradictory.
    Would voodoo not work quite well because he activates 3 buffs and keeps his power down
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,399 ★★★★★

    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Lol. Should have let the dev kept the local as Buffed Up instead. Equal misery for all. 😂😂

    or maybe next time they can chose better beta testers who gives feedback on making endgame fights fun and fair not to mention a dumb fight that requires specific teams or champs

    Oh. You mean like you? Would you like to swallow your words again?
    also if you don't have nothing constructive to add to post like posting your videos on clearing these type of contents and only resort to attacking people personally then you don't even deserve to be here
    He was in the Beta for it. Lol.
    Scratch that. Apparently that was known. Just disrespected. Lol.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,476 ★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

    xNig said:

    Kobster84 said:

    xNig said:

    Kobster84 said:

    What I don’t like about this fight is the rng involved with having one of the few specific counters as a 5* or a 5* heimdall and Angela
    Like the thanos fight last month was amazing because I feel if you had enough skill there you could use basically any1 and not take any unavoidable damage

    Yes. However, amongst the 2 evils, Caustic is the lesser evil and has a wider array of counters as compared to Buffed Up.
    Normally I would say yes but on this fight I feel caustic temper is worse
    Buffed Up is a lot worse. Nothing I tried work, which is quite saddening. I was reduced to using Civil Warrior and trying to get him down. The main issue with Buffed Up was 3 buffs, and EMP punishes having too many buffs, which by itself is contradictory.
    Would voodoo not work quite well because he activates 3 buffs and keeps his power down
    Yes. The 2 counters were Voodoo and Quake + Heimdall + Hela/Angela + Magik/Gully. Third is Cull but at that point he wasn’t introduced yet.

    So with Buffed Up, there was 1 outright counter and 1 which requires 4 champs to work, which is very much narrower compared to Caustic.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,476 ★★★★

    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Lol. Should have let the dev kept the local as Buffed Up instead. Equal misery for all. 😂😂

    or maybe next time they can chose better beta testers who gives feedback on making endgame fights fun and fair not to mention a dumb fight that requires specific teams or champs

    Oh. You mean like you? Would you like to swallow your words again?
    also if you don't have nothing constructive to add to post like posting your videos on clearing these type of contents and only resort to attacking people personally then you don't even deserve to be here
    He was in the Beta for it. Lol.
    Scratch that. Apparently that was known. Just disrespected. Lol.

    Yeah. Sadly. Apparently testing out end game content and giving 5-10k words of feedback to ensure that the content isn’t overly BS is nothing “constructive” to him. Him on the other hand, feels that insulting beta testers who spent their own time for free to help the community develop the game further is very constructive.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,399 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Lol. Should have let the dev kept the local as Buffed Up instead. Equal misery for all. 😂😂

    or maybe next time they can chose better beta testers who gives feedback on making endgame fights fun and fair not to mention a dumb fight that requires specific teams or champs

    Oh. You mean like you? Would you like to swallow your words again?
    also if you don't have nothing constructive to add to post like posting your videos on clearing these type of contents and only resort to attacking people personally then you don't even deserve to be here
    He was in the Beta for it. Lol.
    Scratch that. Apparently that was known. Just disrespected. Lol.

    Yeah. Sadly. Apparently testing out end game content and giving 5-10k words of feedback to ensure that the content isn’t overly BS is nothing “constructive” to him. Him on the other hand, feels that insulting beta testers who spent their own time for free to help the community develop the game further is very constructive.
    Yeah I didn't read the whole way back and didn't see he was aware. He's blaming you somehow. No idea why. You do the Beta and give the feedback, and they do what they feel is best.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,476 ★★★★

    xNig said:

    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Akhilxcx said:

    xNig said:

    Lol. Should have let the dev kept the local as Buffed Up instead. Equal misery for all. 😂😂

    or maybe next time they can chose better beta testers who gives feedback on making endgame fights fun and fair not to mention a dumb fight that requires specific teams or champs

    Oh. You mean like you? Would you like to swallow your words again?
    also if you don't have nothing constructive to add to post like posting your videos on clearing these type of contents and only resort to attacking people personally then you don't even deserve to be here
    He was in the Beta for it. Lol.
    Scratch that. Apparently that was known. Just disrespected. Lol.

    Yeah. Sadly. Apparently testing out end game content and giving 5-10k words of feedback to ensure that the content isn’t overly BS is nothing “constructive” to him. Him on the other hand, feels that insulting beta testers who spent their own time for free to help the community develop the game further is very constructive.
    Yeah I didn't read the whole way back and didn't see he was aware. He's blaming you somehow. No idea why. You do the Beta and give the feedback, and they do what they feel is best.
    He’s just bitter that he had to swallow his words from the 6.2 announcement thread. Ridiculously funny.
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 11
    Kabam if you keep this attitude you are going to lose players.

    Because of no 4* plus gates Act 6 requires too much specific roster. If you keep milking so hard both the whales and the f2p players will leave to less frustrating games
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    A lot of back and forth but the direction this game is going is such. Endgame = pulling the right champs. Don’t have the right champs, pull some more, don’t want to wait, buy son cavalier crystals, still don’t have them, buy some more, got the champ, congrats you can now move forward. Want to do it without the champ, revive 10-20 times per path or see step 1.

    Congrats on being endgame, you are no better a player than you were when this process started you just have a champ now. For me it would be 5* heimdall. I make it to sinister with no item use and all champs standing and pretty healthy. One day I will be endgame, I will have heimdall
  • The_dark_gate27The_dark_gate27 Posts: 310
    I will do this act 6.2 maybe in 2-3 months later
  • The_dark_gate27The_dark_gate27 Posts: 310
    For me, as long as all the boss could be killed with less spending or even no spending, i'll wait. I dont care with that heimdal/angela requirement. I'll wait until I get them... Still had LoL completion, variant 1 completetion and act 6.1 exploration. Hopefully heimdall/angela come across around that
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,881 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

    Kobster84 said:

    xNig said:

    Kobster84 said:

    xNig said:

    Kobster84 said:

    What I don’t like about this fight is the rng involved with having one of the few specific counters as a 5* or a 5* heimdall and Angela
    Like the thanos fight last month was amazing because I feel if you had enough skill there you could use basically any1 and not take any unavoidable damage

    Yes. However, amongst the 2 evils, Caustic is the lesser evil and has a wider array of counters as compared to Buffed Up.
    Normally I would say yes but on this fight I feel caustic temper is worse
    Buffed Up is a lot worse. Nothing I tried work, which is quite saddening. I was reduced to using Civil Warrior and trying to get him down. The main issue with Buffed Up was 3 buffs, and EMP punishes having too many buffs, which by itself is contradictory.
    Would voodoo not work quite well because he activates 3 buffs and keeps his power down
    Yes. The 2 counters were Voodoo and Quake + Heimdall + Hela/Angela + Magik/Gully. Third is Cull but at that point he wasn’t introduced yet.

    So with Buffed Up, there was 1 outright counter and 1 which requires 4 champs to work, which is very much narrower compared to Caustic.
    Ye but I have a voodoo :(
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 125

    What even is endgame player? Is it someone who has every champion as a 5 star or a 6 star? Is it someone who is cavalier? Is it someone who does map 7 5 times a day? Being an endgame player is such an arbitrary term that is tossed around with no real meaning or substance behind it.

    Lol This reminds me of the time I struggled with an "Uncollected" EQ because I didn't have the appropriate boss counters and upon asking for alternatives, someone said "maybe you should wait till you can actually do end game content".

    Considering I had breezed through the previous 4 Uncollected EQs, it kinda highlighted how meaningless the term "endgame player" is, realistically.
This discussion has been closed.