**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6.2.6 Champion Boss

Comments

• Options
    GeKriszGeKrisz Posts: 13
    I tried it 3 times.
    First try I used my special 3 immediately after I turned off his last charge. 0 damage.
    Second try I waited a couple of seconds after turned off his last charge. 0 damage
    Third try parried him and used my heavy after turned off his last charge then used my special 3. 0 damage.

And he just reapplied his charges after a few seconds of my special.
  • Options
    ScorpionKing439ScorpionKing439 Posts: 16

Drooped2 said:

Ace_03 said:

I need an option other than Cap, I can get 2 dexterity at the most, before the unstoppable crushes me, can Thing work?

I've legit seen about 30 videos so far and all used captiw :( I'm lucky enough to have one but that is messed up if hes alone
    Cap is a good choice, but there are others. 2 Mystics Stand out in my mind for this Guy. No, I will not tell y'all who!
    Let me guess: Symbiote Supreme and Magik
    Yes to SS, but not Magik. You need to build those Staggers.
    Please don't say juggernaut?!?!
  • Options

Drooped2 said:

Ace_03 said:

I need an option other than Cap, I can get 2 dexterity at the most, before the unstoppable crushes me, can Thing work?

I've legit seen about 30 videos so far and all used captiw :( I'm lucky enough to have one but that is messed up if hes alone
    Cap is a good choice, but there are others. 2 Mystics Stand out in my mind for this Guy. No, I will not tell y'all who!
    It would be a hard fight for him or Jane Foster, but they COULD do it... I'm thinking of somebody else...
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ss and Morningstar? I could see some joy in an sp2 game
    Morningstar would work, but there's still one that nobody has guessed.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Not dr strange....who unless youve been extremely lucky you wont have one. Figures
  • Options
    TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    DV can nullify the buffs, but you still aren't addressing how hard it is to actually get the dex off the specials w/o taking blocked hits.
  • Options
    KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    Hood
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 572 ★★★

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ss and Morningstar? I could see some joy in an sp2 game
    Morningstar would work, but there's still one that nobody has guessed.
    Another mystic who can stagger is hood i guess...but can he handle the block damage?😊
  • Options
    ScorpionKing439ScorpionKing439 Posts: 16

Drooped2 said:

Ace_03 said:

It would be a hard fight for him or Jane Foster, but they COULD do it... I'm thinking of somebody else...
    If it's Mephisto that would be even worse. His damage output is horrible
  • Options
    KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    Thanks @Kabam Miike that kinda helps. Still sucks that there are so few counters, especially ones that so few people have ranked.
  • Options
    Dixienormas2000Dixienormas2000 Posts: 72
    Same thing happened to me with CAIW got 5 charges his indestructible was gone, launched sp 3 and then he didnt take any damage and got his charges back lol. Figured it was like nameless thanos bug where the charges were reapplied so tried it again after reviving and it worked luckily, definitely something wrong with it tho to not register the 5 prowness charges, had 8 the first time when he regained the charges.
  • Options

Thanks @Kabam Miike that kinda helps. Still sucks that there are so few counters, especially ones that so few people have ranked.

A lot of other counters have been brought up here, and a lot of them are good, but I'm just listing 1 that I thought was being overlooked. Nullify Champions are also good, especially those that do damage on Nullify (like Magik or kind of Voodoo).
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Mcord117 said:

DalBot said:

I would imagine She Hulk or Spider Gwen could work too

Champion has class advantage so slow won’t work
    Has that been tested? Spider-Gwen says that opponents with "natural class advantage" cannot be slowed. Does that include things like the universal class that has bonus against everyone?
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 572 ★★★
    GeKrisz said:

I tried it 3 times.
    First try I used my special 3 immediately after I turned off his last charge. 0 damage.
    Second try I waited a couple of seconds after turned off his last charge. 0 damage
    Third try parried him and used my heavy after turned off his last charge then used my special 3. 0 damage.

Something of this sort happened with youtuber "Thekiryu" check his live stream recording and skip to the end.

https://youtu.be/EK3NBV1OnSM
  • Options
    rcm2017 said:

GeKrisz said:

I tried it 3 times.

Something of this sort happened with youtuber "Thekiryu" check his live stream recording and skip to the end.

https://youtu.be/EK3NBV1OnSM
    Thanks! Just found a video on Reddit as well. I've passed it on to the team.
  • Options
    Ascoop24Ascoop24 Posts: 128 ★★★
    Hey I just want to put this out there if you get the 5 dexs on the champ below 10 percent there is a window where you can hit like an sp3 and still do no damage and also on the opposite side if you wait to long champ can regen out of the 10 percent stage and you will have to start all over. Both happened to me tonight.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    _ASDF_ said:

The point of this boss is that there are realistically 3 counters. MS. SS. Dr. V. And then CA IW for the block prof at the end.

I don't think this is a safe assertion based on observing only the first day of release. Especially since no one who's asserted something similar on day one has ever been correct in the entire history of the game. And in recent history the people making similar assertions about Act 6.1 turned out to be pretty much all laughably wrong.

Also, as mentioned above, Hood is probably one of the better options for the first half of the fight (it is actually the option I was considering as being potentially better than SS in some ways), an option you overlooked.