**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This is ridiculous

How is this right I had not used hawkeye in this war so far, got stuck on loading screen so fight never started, had to quit game and log back to find my hawkeye with half health missing and an attack bonus removed. I know this has always been an issue but it's not right and something needs to be done about it.

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Its in place to keep people from abusing the system. Since there are hidden nodes it keeps people from seeing whos there without penalty.
  • Options
    Well if the fight never even loaded, you would think it shouldn't count against you. If it's a hidden node, you still wouldn't have seen the champ. If you get as far as the 2 champs charging and it crashes... well, alas, sucks but I get why it should happen there. If you don't get that far, logically it shouldn't count against you if you end up in a permanent loading state. In those cases, it typically just ends up saying connection lost. So whether you wait it out til then, or just force close the game, the end result is still the same.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess there's not much that can be done though. When you tap fight, the signal pings their server, letting them know you're going in for the battle. Then, despite never even seeing the start of the battle, end up with the same result as anyone who made it in and force closed the game mid fight. It's just the way the system works unfortunately. I do agree, it's not fair in this particular instance. However, as stated above, it's that way for a reason. If it didn't do this, players could infinitely exploit this until they 1 shot the fight, never having lost an attack bonus, or health. In this particular instance, you're a victim of circumstances.

I don't know if there's anything that could be done to prevent it. Could they differentiate between someone not getting into the fight due to a poor load vs someone force closing mid battle? Judging by the way it seems to work, no. Once the fight starts, you don't ping the server again until the end of the fight once it says you've won or lost. There's no mid fight ping to let them know the fight actually began. Perhaps that would be what's needed here. Although that could lead to extra lag occurring right when the countdown ends and the fight officially begins. It's not easily remedied by the looks of it.
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

Well no one told you to quit while it was loading, I would have waited. I’ve also not seen a thread about this issue specifically

That doesn't mean that it will actually load anything.

There have been plenty of times where you can wait for 10+ mins on the 'loading' screen, and it is just stuck there.

If you haven't even done 1 move in the battle, it should have 0 penalty.