**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why is war node double linked?

OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
Why is this node double linked? So you always have to fight a linked node either way you go? Seems like a great plan.

Comments

• hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    you need to go in to both at the same time and fight and that unlinks them both. time it right.

but for real, it forces you to make a decision on which to fight first. like dungeons. one will always be linked
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    Lmao very well thought out.
    Drooped2 said:

It forces smart play. Like gamora is easy all.the time have that guy go first

It’s just a really dumb design.
  • It forces tactical decisions. Or will occasionally punish haphazard play. It seems 'dumb' on the outside, but as there's typically a better choice between the 2. You communicate with your section mate that they or you should go 1st and drop the link. Or you don't and maybe lose an attack bonus for being a cowboy out there.

As it stands, as a whole, AW seems to be promoting more tactical play across the board. They allow us to see the majority of the defenders to help choose the best 3 for the job. They allow us to meet in the middle, and allow anyone to go anywhere they want in section 2. Yes, the difficulty went up in some respects. At the same time, situations can be managed if proper preparation is employed.
    I would disagree but we all have our own opinions.
  • OmegaMan said:

Fair enough. I guess this was mildly inspired by the Dungeon format. It does open up choice vs just having it part of the node regardless. Ultimately, someone has to fight a linked node though.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

you dont like it, that does not mean they are wrong, it does force tactical decisions. Who do you take down, which is easier while the link it is up. That is tactical. Dont confuse not liking something with it being wrong.
    Lormif said:

OmegaMan said:

you dont like it, that does not mean they are wrong, it does force tactical decisions. Who do you take down, which is easier while the link it is up. That is tactical. Dont confuse not liking something with it being wrong.
    Didn’t say they were wrong I said it’s dumb and that my opinion.