**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Atlantean Crystals

Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
The Tier 4 Atlantean Crystal says 75% chance at 5-star shards, but do we know how many shards this is?
Same question for Tier 3 etc.

Comments

• Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    hmm I was worried about that. If it was 1000 I would probably be more inclined to go for it.
    Is it random? are other people getting different amts?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

I got 250 5* shards from 1 epic crystal. Honestly disappointed. I would have been ok with 1k

everyone would have, and would have pretty much chosen that over the rifts, why would they give that many.

bad attempt at sarcasm.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Lormif said:

I got 250 5* shards from 1 epic crystal. Honestly disappointed. I would have been ok with 1k

everyone would have, and would have pretty much chosen that over the rifts, why would they give that many.

bad attempt at sarcasm.
    Actually, even if all the 5* shard drops were 1k the crystal would still be a bad deal compared to running either rift: the expected value of both the stable and unstable tier 4 rift would be much better.

The in-game email did say the crystals contained lower net value, and it seems they have substantially lower valule. Depending on how you value resources, they seem to me to have statistically about half the value of either rift.
  • AshKetchumAshKetchum Posts: 286 ★★
    I got 9k t2A. Was hoping for 5 star shards to see the drop rate
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    I opened an unstable rift yesterday and got the 5* +5 level science signature stone.

How does anyone think that is a high enough reward to belong in epic?

The previous one I opened was a 5* featured which was a double edged sword because I pulled Cable... first time

But the real gripe I have is releasing the Atlantean Crystal so late in the piece and with no warning. Where is the transparency and openness there?

If I knew this was coming chances are I would’ve saved my shards and just gone for the crystal to save my energy and time as well.

• Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    I got a fully formed 5* crystal that contained Gwenpool....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Side note, always read first. I thought the Crystals gave 5k Shards for the next Tier. I was surprised when I popped 2 Tier 1s. Lol.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

I opened an unstable rift yesterday and got the 5* +5 level science signature stone.

The previous one I opened was a 5* featured which was a double edged sword because I pulled Cable... first time

But the real gripe I have is releasing the Atlantean Crystal so late in the piece and with no warning. Where is the transparency and openness there?

If I knew this was coming chances are I would’ve saved my shards and just gone for the crystal to save my energy and time as well.

Probably. But the trade off is you get 2.5k corals of the next level instead of 5k.
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    I got 500 5* shards for my tier 4 crystal
    Anyone opened a Tier 4 and gotten more than 250 shards?
    xNig said:

Probably. But the trade off is you get 2.5k corals of the next level instead of 5k.
    Ermm... this is Tier 4 there is no next level...?
  • Shep99Shep99 Posts: 45
    Caino1023 said:

Anyone opened a Tier 4 and gotten more than 250 shards?

Opened a top tier crystal yesterday and got a fully formed 5 star which gave me Magik!
    I've seen 250 and 500 now for 5-star shard amounts... anyone seen 750? 1000?
  • MrsGondola420MrsGondola420 Posts: 149

I belive the original post for Rifts mentioned that 'starting June 19th Atlantean Crystals will be available', sooo they did actually give plenty of warning about that.

I belive the original post for Rifts mentioned that 'starting June 19th Atlantean Crystals will be available', sooo they did actually give plenty of warning about that.
    Got the announcement to show me?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,659 ★★★★★

Cheers... so I guess if I want something worse than a 5* sig stone from unstable rift that I got then I should open one of these whizz bang crystals then... lol
    Second time I’ve pulled this from epic level unstable rift...

Epic?

• WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★

Epic?

There is an edit button instead of the same post 2x
    It’s called a glitch bro