**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does anyone care about the story in the game?

ErkErk Posts: 15
Do any of you guys read the story or dialogue in the game or just skip what its saying?

I personally read it but after years of playing I kinda got lost in where it's going. Like In the EQs it's been about trying to reunite the fantastic 4 and trying to get out of the battle realm or something like that. Before the fantastic 4 the EQ story's were mostly about conflicts between characters like losing something or someone and trying to get them back or trying to stop someone from doing something if I remember right. And in Acts 1-4 theres a lot of build up to charcters like kang, thanos and the maestro and when we get to them we beat them and move on like nothing happened, so it kinda ends up not being worth it to keep on top of the story when there is so much build up that later becomes not important and to this many people just dont care about the story. But in act 5-6 I think its changing a bit in style where things are not being forgotten and the story matters a little more then previous. But I guess we dont really play for the story but for the rewards and the fun and interactive battles.

Does anyone care about the story in the game? 60 votes

I care deeply about the story and understand everything that is happening
21%
Vdh2008AxeCopFireTerraRiggs_97Panchulon21SkyBlueGaming10or_Strongiottoknow7RockypantherxSquishyjrThe_4THEarthEliteXdSpoodermanxDWardenZero 13 votes
I care somewhat for the story and have some understanding of what's happening
28%
JestressWayntosSundance_2099Greifmaster911WrathfulRavenGustavo20shadow_lurker22Reverend_RuckusspaceoctopusV1PER1987BowTieJohnMC2707Webby72InfinityM04LoctiteSuperGlueLormifdot_ditto 17 votes
I dont care about the story at all
23%
ThatweirdguySpity68PaddieRaymundo86ch4rnMcord117Denzel116WoogieboogieStevieManWonderDwhalen8554FjolnirDrooped2Obaid_Jacob03BenQcSlayer 14 votes
AiN't n0boDY g0t TiMe for tHAt jUsT giVe mE mY ReWARdS
26%
CrkwestFallencircusMSRDLDCropDusterErkKillSwitchTheLegend27Rougeknight87Wozzy101NBSAIkubricknolanArsozThicco_ModeH3t3rMr_incredibl3deepblack12 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    No. Never bothered to read any of it.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    I'm a avid fan of story, since it is excellent for telling why and how your doing something. I'm not a mindless brute who just wants to crack skrulls, I am interested in backstory.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I care somewhat for the story and have some understanding of what's happening
    I haven’t really bothered to read any of the story since about Act 3, maybe 4. For EQ it depends. Sometimes I might be interested and read the story, like Infinity Wars and other times I’m just eager to get the shards to open another crystal so I don’t bother.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I read them all I get mad when I accidentally skip lol
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    The biggest missed opportunity with the storyline appears to be the lack of cohesiveness between defenders, nodes, bosses and the actual story. Easter-egging hints as to what champs and/or buffs/ debuffs would be useful for certain fights along a story could have been fun and rewarding for intrepid readers.
  • Options
    WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Yeah I read it. The timeline is confusing but it does make some sense. Also it helps keep me focused on what’s going on.
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I dont care about the story at all
    Splitting the last 2 up splits the vote and ruins the purpose of your poll OP. Just saying
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

If it wasnt for posts like this. I wouldn't even know the game had a story

Wait... What story???