**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest: Demystifying Daily Map Difficulty Increase

Hi folks, my Ally is getting a bit adventurous and trying out map 5 for a change after running map 4 x5 p/week.

I've read a bit about this Kabam itself, and my understanding is that the difficulty is dynamic. Apparently the system calculates the amount of prestige of the ally earned p/map and the new PI value will determine the difficulty of the next map. This resets in every event.

That said, my ally did quite good on Day 1 and Day 2 but what's not clear and all still a bit blurry, is how much and what is the "difficulty" for all that matters, from one day to another. I was wondering if you could shed some light in this? We don't want to have to fail in a certain day X just to learn that we can't take it that far just yet (or have to spend tons of potions) and would rather revert back to map 4 for the last days of the event if that guarantees full exploration.

Do nodes change? Is this only on mini bosses/boss PI? is it all opponents on the map PI? Is it PI at all? How different is Day 1 to Day 5? Is it safe to assume that if you can do day 1/day 2 you probably can get to day 5 as well? There's so many little unanswered questions so it doesn't make sense to list all of them here. Also, I reckon this applies to all maps and not exclusive to Map 5.

All your experience/insights, a bit more in-depth on the topic (or a resource I can read), are very welcome.

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    Each day all champs PI increases so they have more health and attack. Nodes don’t change but just each fight get progressively harder each day. If you are trying it out I would see how many days you can compete map 5 and day you fail on next week just run map 4 for remainder of aq. So if you can only do up to day 3 map 5 just run 55544. Or have 1 bg run 5x5 and others do 55544 or one group is stronger than rest.
    Main thing is be active and communicate in map 5. Not all that bad once you get use to it. Best of luck and good job on trying harder maps to improve.
  • pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    Thanks @AngryYoshi all this makes complete sense. I reckon fundamentally should be something then like doing an EQ from a Level X to Level X+1 where all things remain the same but just the attack/health of the AI changes. Also thanks for the tips, that's a nice way to go with the strategy - I'll definitely suggest the officers that one. Cheers
  • AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    Your welcome @pedroteixeira07. Game all about progression. Work your way up to 5x5 once you get use to it it’s a breeze. Day 5 can be tricky. Highly recommend on later days bringing at least good 3/45 or higher champs. 5/50 ones might not be strong enough for later days and the hype boss
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,635 Guardian
    When doing Map-4, were you able to complete 3 wins every day all the way thru day-5 ?? If not, then you may want to consider “throddling” your wins a little as you start sprinkling in some Map-5.

And FYI, the relative +/- in Prestige from each BG's Win vs Loss (“loss” being not defeating the boss) is a ratio of +150/-100 (exact amount is based on how strong your Prestige/Ally is, but for a roughly 10m ally the numbers might actually be around 150/100). Also note, higher maps have a slightly higher increase/decrease in that PI as well versus easier maps.

So a day of all-3 Wins increases Prestige by 450 (for example), but if you had 2 wins and an “almost-boss” 3rd BG the increase would only be 200 (150+150-100) so would be easier to still manage maps by day-5.
  • pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    edited June 2019
    Thanks guys for the feedback.

@AngryYoshi feeling already the 3/45 vs 5/50 you mentioned - no margin for any mistake with the later.

@SummonerNR re: map 4 5x5, yes. It's not as challenging/rewarding anymore and we can finish all BG solid almost 5h/6h before the event finishes. Hence adventuring to map5. We have 2/3 miniboss killers p/group in map4 and a solid boss killer in each as well. PS: awesome insights re: proportions - thanks mate :# this is quite useful - had no idea of that last example that difficulty growth would adjust in case a BG wouldn't clear.

Anyway, we started this week the testing. Day 1/2 went well - a couple potions used here and there, but nothing substantial. However, Day 3 is on, and the struggle is starting to be real! We can tell the difference as you guys predicted. I reckon for now we should stick for the 55544, as Angry Yoshi suggested above - seems to be the formula that we can stretch for cost-effeciency-benefit/rewards at least at this stage. o:)