**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why do some champs have stronger SP3s than others???

EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
Try X23's SP3. Then try Thing's. There's a huge damage difference between them! I know all champs are different, but that's unfair if you make A's SP3 stronger than B's because you can. I'm not saying you should make all champs have the same SP3 damage, I'm just asking why they made it like this.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    It has to do with their base stats. There is the regular attack rating, and then there is the special attack rating.
    Some special attacks only deal raw damage, other's deal less damage but give other type of utility that is applied for that special attack, or something that will last some time after it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Well attack power is different in every champ as they have different areas they excel at. I'm never worried about taking a L3 from Mordo since it is very weak. Thats just how champs work. Same with all specials.
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    You missed about the most important one, Map 5 Hyperion :hushed:

With the two you're talking about, X-23 has bleed/regen abilities, which are great. The thing however, will always out damage her, special attack or not due to the way they are designed.

Lets say you have X-23 has a few stacks of bleed and cruelty, will deal some nice damage, my 4* r4 only has 854 attack.
    The Thing however, due to his rock stacks, gains permanent fury bonuses every rock stack lost, so if you have a max 4* thing, base attack of 1227, combined with rock stacks, could add an extra 2208 base attack, for a total of 3435 attack rating.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

Try X23's SP3. Then try Thing's. There's a huge damage difference between them! I know all champs are different, but that's unfair if you make A's SP3 stronger than B's because you can. I'm not saying you should make all champs have the same SP3 damage, I'm just asking why they made it like this.

Each champ only does a certain amount of hits in each SP3. Plus someone can have about 50 passive fury buff on thing and X-23 could only have 1. Plus you have to factor in the rank and level and if their awakened ability does anything for buffs. Also each champ has a certain range of attack points. But it’s not really too fare to compare the 2 champs when Thing is a hard hitter and X-23 depends on bleed damage to take down her opponents.

Hope this was helpful
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Well attack power is different in every champ as they have different areas they excel at. I'm never worried about taking a L3 from Mordo since it is very weak. Thats just how champs work. Same with all specials.

I still remember old willpower days when eating a hulkbuster sp2 would give you a net positive health in the end
    See Hulkbuster is good for something.
  • Alexgt85Alexgt85 Posts: 30
    Some champs also pin the enemy to the wall with their Sp3
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

It has to do with their base stats. There is the regular attack rating, and then there is the special attack rating.
    Some special attacks only deal raw damage, other's deal less damage but give other type of utility that is applied for that special attack, or something that will last some time after it.

There are other factors that come into play at design time. For example, most of the champions that have power gain tend to have lower damage SP3 attacks as far as I can tell. Mordo and Hyperion for example have weaker than normal SP3 (Hyperion's SP3 starts off extremely weak, but then gets buffed by fury and cosmic charges which makes some people think Hyperion's SP3 actually hits hard by default).
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Drooped2 said:

I still remember old willpower days when eating a hulkbuster sp2 would give you a net positive health in the end
    See Hulkbuster is good for something.
    *was* good for something
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Many sp3s aren't used for damage but fornthe benefit it gives the champ.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Why aren't all characters exactly the same?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Some champs actually benefit more from NOT using their specials. Champs like X23 and Wolverine have regen based on how much power they have.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Some champs actually benefit more from NOT using their specials. Champs like X23 and Wolverine have regen based on how much power they have.

Duped OG CM/MM too.
  • DNA3000 said:

There are other factors that come into play at design time. For example, most of the champions that have power gain tend to have lower damage SP3 attacks as far as I can tell. Mordo and Hyperion for example have weaker than normal SP3 (Hyperion's SP3 starts off extremely weak, but then gets buffed by fury and cosmic charges which makes some people think Hyperion's SP3 actually hits hard by default).
    Good point. SW's power gain is random due to her sig ability. Just the same, her S3 doesn't seem to produce the amount of damage her S2 can. Magik is a fine example of situational damage. No Buffs, not much damage. Lots of Buffs, EXTREME DAMAGE. I've also heard Havok's S3 is INSANE, but I've yet to experience it 1st hand.

At the end of the day, each Champion is unique. Some have weak S3s, and you're better off using their S2 (i.e. Ghost). My best advice, experiment and figure out which special does the most for you. Some have similar designs from the earlier days, but overall, no 2 champs are exactly alike. So naturally, the damage produced by their special attacks, even their Special 3, will vary.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Hamin said:

Many sp3s aren't used for damage but fornthe benefit it gives the champ.

I honestly use it when I really like their animation lol.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Why do you want Sp3's the same but nothing else? By this reasoning, all champs should have the same stats. Storm's Sp3 is OP and under the right circumstances, Phoenix's can be catastrophic. Meanwhile, I find Iceman's underwhelming. Which champ would you rather have? The differences are the only reason this game works at all.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★

How about you don't use X23's SP3 and enjoy the max regen.

Besides, wtf is the point in acquiring different champs if they all have the same damage output?