Donation lockout needs to be improved

Moonhowler001Moonhowler001 Member Posts: 7
So I get there trying to prevent people from buying donation for real money, but putting a 8-day lockout is going to do nothing but encourage jumpers that go from Alliance to Alliance to grab rewards not contribute. It's also going to drain all of alliances reserves in their treasury to make up for slackers. you think about how many alliances have to replace just two people a week. That adds up a lot over a season or a year. If you want stop donation buying, make the lockout the same time period as the black out period for rewards. That way as soon as someone can benefit from the alliance they have to contribute to the alliance. Personally I think the whole think is stupid, but if kabam insists on turning the screws on everyone, at least think it through. Am I the only one that feels this way????

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Gotta sell them units!
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    No refunds so too bad.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Member Posts: 711 ★★
    kabam tisk tisk tisk
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★
    Hav to said don’t like the 8 day black out but culd be 5 days mean u stil wil Hav to be ther
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Member Posts: 382 ★★★
    Why isn't map 6 or 5 reducing in cost? Map 6 especially needs a reduction. Come on kabam, be "fair", that's what you've been preaching lately haven't you? Be fair.
  • ReyAlemánReyAlemán Member Posts: 92
    Ah ship... here we go again.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Member Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Honestly they should make the content difficult to complete and not difficult to enter.

Donations always felt wrong to me.
    Remove gold loyalty and bcs from aq rewards and kill the pay to enter nonsense

Ye kinda gotta agree here but I suppose it would cost kabam a good bit of money from top players who aren’t arena grinders
  • Shoaib_scShoaib_sc Member Posts: 5
    Jaded said:

Although agreed I’m more curious as to why loyalty didn’t change. I know it may be different for everyone, but loyalty is the hardest one to come by when using it on revives/pots/boosts regularly and donating to map 7. With limited ways to earn it. Where as battlechips and gold are limitless to earn.

Any insight @Kabam Miike ? Some major change needs to happen with loyalty. Imo.

This. Loyalty is so hard to come by because the crystals have not changed in forever. We should be able to make our donations and have at least a little bit left to buy a boost or two.
    good excuse to never leave ally i guess am i right??
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★

Not really. Why would being locked out from donating stop anyone from leaving?
  • Ksmith369Ksmith369 Member Posts: 1
    If they’re gonna lockout donations they should also lockout rewards!
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

I run a second account to farm loyalty donations. I guess I can retire it now. The fact that loyalty can only be earned from War plus 1k a day is garbage.

I currently earn portions of my loyalty in arenas along with BCs and gold. Did 30k per AQ cycle worth for over a year. Kabam recently gave that option to everyone f2p or not.

i am saying dont leave current ally and you wont have to deal with lockout is all i said lol

I run a second account to farm loyalty donations. I guess I can retire it now. The fact that loyalty can only be earned from War plus 1k a day is garbage.

I currently earn portions of my loyalty in arenas along with BCs and gold. Did 30k per AQ cycle worth for over a year. Kabam recently gave that option to everyone f2p or not.
    Where is loyalty in arena?
    Drooped2 said:

i am saying dont leave current ally and you wont have to deal with lockout is all i said lol
    If you leave an ally every week except when season is ending you would only need to donate 1 time a month and get full season and 4 weeks aq rewards.

Almost seems stupid to stay in the same ally
    dont overthink a joke my friend
  • Dreamcrusher2Dreamcrusher2 Member Posts: 1
    I don’t think you thought this out kabam. You are letting jumpers play AQ for free then leave the alliance after collecting rewards and never pay. Then because you have allowed name changing in the game (for some other reason I don’t understand) the community can’t even police these jumpers ourselves. They can jump and change their name after screwing over alliances. Please rethink what you are doing and for goodness sake make loyalty affordable for map 7 also.
  • Bear3Bear3 Member Posts: 996 ★★★
    Make it funny then.
  • EBG78EBG78 Member Posts: 127 ★★
    One of the explanations for this was to curb “anti-competitive beahavior”, yet donation drops is the epitome of competitive behavior. Donation drops are so alliances can drive for more days of map 7 to compete at the highest levels. The game is designed to drive players and alliances to do these kinds of things. Kabam has clearly shown that they will do everything in its power to drive players to spend on the game. All while not fixing problems with the game that drive players to spend out of no fault of their own (ie laggy gameplay, AQ nodes that don’t function like they’re supposed to like tunnel vision and gimme without any kind of compensation).
    EBG78 said:

One of the explanations for this was to curb “anti-competitive beahavior”, yet donation drops is the epitome of competitive behavior. Donation drops are so alliances can drive for more days of map 7 to compete at the highest levels. The game is designed to drive players and alliances to do these kinds of things. Kabam has clearly shown that they will do everything in its power to drive players to spend on the game. All while not fixing problems with the game that drive players to spend out of no fault of their own (ie laggy gameplay, AQ nodes that don’t function like they’re supposed to like tunnel vision and gimme without any kind of compensation).

The fact that you can't earn enough loyalty for 7x5 by playing the game does make this look like a bit of a money grab. Donate with units.

• GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★

That’s unit not loyalty but that a whole defrinds story

I see. Misunderstood your post. The day I start using units to make donations is the day I go to a retirement alliance or else actually retire.
    His point is doing arena gets you units which gets you loyalty... just like arena gets you bc’s which gets you gold and units. People don’t like the idea of using their units though because of what else they can buy. I’d suggest not doing map 7... rewards are great, so is the cost.
  • JadedJaded Member Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    Bear3 said:

His point is doing arena gets you units which gets you loyalty... just like arena gets you bc’s which gets you gold and units. People don’t like the idea of using their units though because of what else they can buy. I’d suggest not doing map 7... rewards are great, so is the cost.

No, the point is loyalty should have been decreased as well because it’s a limited farmed resource. Indirectly you can farm other resources to pay for it but How fair is that in the long term? Why not increase a extremely old process of gaining loyalty?

I see. Misunderstood your post. The day I start using units to make donations is the day I go to a retirement alliance or else actually retire.
    To each their own but imo that is not a reasonable position given units are used through out all arenas of the contest to make up for shortcomings, loyalty contributions should not be excluded from that.
    Not saying loyalty shouldn’t be boosted, I’m all for it. Just pointing out arena can gain you loyalty, just not directly. Most gold and units aren’t gained from arena directly either though. Exchange bc’s for both is the main source.