**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Green Goblin 17.1M and missed out

Comments

• Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    Angelbane wrote: »
    This is nuts ... and why I dont #get in the pool. Having to get these scores is complete BS and not even remotely possible for many devices.

Kabam needs to segment the arenas more and NOT lower the rewards in the segments.

I disagree with segmenting it. People put time and effort into making rosters to score and get champs. Why make it easier for others that don't want to put in the work. I remember starting and seeing the same people getting the champs. What did I do? I started grinding for basics, when I had enough I went for featured. Now I'm the one getting whatever champ I want. Like I said its determination and effort put in. @Angelbane
  • I've just never wanted a champ that bad... And there are many that I wanted and still want.

Only champ I ever got was Phoenix, the second run.. Which was pretty much just hitting milestones.

Anything past that is crazy imo. I have better things to do. Well, maybe I don't.. But I still don't wanna spend that much time in arena.

The whole projected cutoffs **** cracks me up as well.
  • TrapTrap Posts: 124
    Yeah I did 616 rounds to get 17.153m I didn't used any units or boost just chipped along at it, I know what is expected from feature champs. It's fine if he is a god tier champ I'll just grind for him in a basic :)
    Trap wrote: »
    Yeah I did 616 rounds to get 17.153m I didn't used any units or boost just chipped along at it, I know what is expected from feature champs. It's fine if he is a god tier champ I'll just grind for him in a basic :)

I feel your pain. It sucks to do that much and not get anything good. At least you get shards. I remember grinding for quake as a featured and scoring 15.3 million missing her and getting 1 rank for khamala khan which was the same reward for 1.8 million. @Trap
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I see it a little bit clearer.

If the players can do 15 rounds in one sitting and using boosts, units etc, that makes it 1.3m per sitting. Play 12 sittings over 3 days means 15.6m.

Using 5* means even higher scores.
    Wow ... does not look so bad after all.

I think only if the player has a roster that can't match this, then it's really a painful grind.
  • TrapTrap Posts: 124
    Yeah I ranked 801-804 so I'm pretty happy for my 1st attempt at a feature but lesson learnt to use units on refills and boost, 1 guy who rank 796 only had 10k more than me, that was 1 fight lol
  • winterthur wrote: »

If the players can do 15 rounds in one sitting and using boosts, units etc, that makes it 1.3m per sitting. Play 12 sittings over 3 days means 15.6m.

I think only if the player has a roster that can't match this, then it's really a painful grind.

It's a time thing for me. What's a round take in minutes? 3-5 total with loading screens, etc?

616 rounds at 3 minutes each is 1848 minutes/almost 31 hours. Out of a 72 hour time period. That's an exorbitant amount of time imo. That's just crazy to me. But, it's early, I haven't had coffee yet, so maybe I'm not thinking clearly yet on the numbers.

There has to be something better to do with your time than get a an unawakened 4*. Your time is more valuable than that.
  • BlackhawkbillBlackhawkbill Posts: 117
    edited August 2017
    I'm able to play at work quite alot as well as being able to do a few late night runs bedore bed. That ability coupled with a roster of 17 5*'s and 90 4*'s, arena boosts here and there and about 800 units allowed me to put up 24.8 million and place 5th:)

Yes it's a 4* but I enjoy collecting all the champs I can. My luck has proven to be horrible when getting feature crystals so I stopped getting them and decided to grind where I KNOW I can get the champ.
  • Spartacus29Spartacus29 Posts: 90
    chunkyb wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »

It's a time thing for me. What's a round take in minutes? 3-5 total with loading screens, etc?

616 rounds at 3 minutes each is 1848 minutes/almost 31 hours. Out of a 72 hour time period. That's an exorbitant amount of time imo. That's just crazy to me. But, it's early, I haven't had coffee yet, so maybe I'm not thinking clearly yet on the numbers.

There has to be something better to do with your time than get a an unawakened 4*. Your time is more valuable than that.

And yet you spend your time on a forum talking about people who do that grind. Which one is crazier?

Anyway, for a lot of people it's just about getting a new champ regardless of usefulness. It's a collection thing. For me it's mainly about the 800 5* shards.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

And yet you spend your time on a forum talking about people who do that grind. Which one is crazier?

Anyway, for a lot of people it's just about getting a new champ regardless of usefulness. It's a collection thing. For me it's mainly about the 800 5* shards.

You think he spends 31 of 72 hours in forum? That's an odd assumption to make...
  • chunkyb wrote: »

You think he spends 31 of 72 hours in forum? That's an odd assumption to make...

Lmao right? I guess i made them mad. I'm really wasting this 30 seconds I've used to reply to this post while between work calls. Need to reevaluate my life I guess.

Again, am happy for you folks that spent so much time and effort on a single unawakened 4*, whether you needed/wanted the roster boost or are collecting. I can't imagine not having something I'd rather do tho. But we're all different I guess.
  • Hahaha yeah, made em mad. Flag away.

Sorry I think your time is more valuable than that. The more people that think theirs is, the lower the cutoffs would possibly be. I realize there are some that will never change their grind. Good for them I guess. I'm already occupied enough w the other parts of the game tbh
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Lmao right? I guess i made them mad. I'm really wasting this 30 seconds I've used to reply to this post while between work calls. Need to reevaluate my life I guess.

Again, am happy for you folks that spent so much time and effort on a single unawakened 4*, whether you needed/wanted the roster boost or are collecting. I can't imagine not having something I'd rather do tho. But we're all different I guess.
    This guy belittling people for playing video games and continuining it with his fauxpologies. You are coming off as a keyboard bully.

And a series takes about 2 minutes so you can shave a 1/3rd off the time. If they enjoy the arena it's not wasted time. "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
  • Coming from THE expert level bully, I'll actually take your perspective into account for once. And if they enjoy it, great.
    It's not a part of the game I enjoy at all, and I've never heard someone talk about their love of the arena grind. Everyone loves champs tho, so I understand the motivation. It's just too much time to spend on the game imo. And accepting huge cutoffs helps em stay super high.
    Opening fallacy Tu Quoque which flows into personal incredulity and finshes with a non sequitur. *Golf clap*
  • I'm still impressed that you aced frosh logic class. Of all the college of liberal arts electives you coulda taken, you went with the one that required memorizing 13 things. Kudos. And yes, I'll take fries with that.
    This guy thinks arguments are about insulting people with **** he pulls out of his ass. You never disappoint.
  • Let's not pretend you don't have a formula in these forums. Attack attack attack. Until you are handled, when you look for backup and play the victim. It's well known. I'll stay out of here now as I have said what I wanted.

Another congrats to gg winners. Idk how you do it, am honestly impressed, and don't understand at all lol
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    Jeez relax guys. I can see both sides of argument. I understand the motivation for wanting to say "hey, I got the newest champ." A big part of the game is collecting. I also understand that 17 million is an absurdly high score, but that's a shared opinion between two folks that really dislike arena. I myself have around 8 5*, and around 70 4*. I think I'm around 240k rating. When I actually do arena it's usually the 4* basic, and I generally just get sick of it after about 800k. So kudos to any of y'all that have have the willpower to grind through. Don't mean you don't have a life, just means this is something you care about deeply.
    Where are the attacks? You are projecting again. Cash me on the playground at recess I'll totally take some time out my day to travel there so I can more clearly explain it to you in the hope of curing the SJW mentality of they disagree with me so they must be attacking me.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I don't see any SJWs in this thread, just a couple guys taking shots at each other. Don't try to make the issue bigger than it is.

My two cents...it's a ton of time spent in-game to grind features. My highest score is just below 8, and it wore me out pretty hard. Kudos to the guys that can do it, but I don't personally see the value of a 4* champ anymore. Collector pcs of course, but in-game value isn't there for me.
    edited August 2017
    I'm not saying he is an SJW I am saying he shares the mentality of an SJW. Like being judgemental, authoritarian and thinking that anyone offering critism or different opinions are engaging in attacks against them and they therefore get to drop courtesy and decomorum and "punch a ****" with words that are actual attacks and misrepresentations.
    I don't see any SJWs in this thread, just a couple guys taking shots at each other. Don't try to make the issue bigger than it is.

My two cents...it's a ton of time spent in-game to grind features. My highest score is just below 8, and it wore me out pretty hard. Kudos to the guys that can do it, but I don't personally see the value of a 4* champ anymore. Collector pcs of course, but in-game value isn't there for me.

The time projected isn't as much as some say. I have an iPhone 6s+ and a series with suicides only takes me 1 minute 15 seconds to 1 minute and a half (all 3 matches). I set masteries for maximum pi which is what points are calculated on. I think it took me 420 series but I did use some refreshes since this was during work week. Thhe benefits are for collectors, more champs for future arenas and aw. A new champ in aw can get a lot of kills because people don't know the mechanics or strategies of fighting the new champ yet.

• AppieAppie Posts: 99
    skill should be rewarded in arena's aswel this is just a grind.
  • I didn't say you attacked me. I was explaining your sad and pathetic MO on this board. Anyway, you can call it projections or assumptions or whatever you want.. Some will believe you..ppl also buy Britney spears albums.. But in reality, you're a troll and you're not even good at it. I go back and forth between pity and sad laughter as I read your stuff. But hey man, you do whatever brings you some happiness, buddy
    Let's not pretend you don't have a formula in these forums. Attack attack attack. Until you are handled, when you look for backup and play the victim. It's well known. I'll stay out of here now as I have said what I wanted.

Another congrats to gg winners. Idk how you do it, am honestly impressed, and don't understand at all lol
    You were not saying I attacked you? Maybe I misinterpreted that. Nah you clearly feel threatened/attacked as evidenced by you lashing out, relying an flawed reasoning, the ridiculous analogies, and imagining me as something I am not as ammunition to lob personal attacks. Just sad, feels bro.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    How about both of you drop it? Like, right now? I think that's a pretty good idea.
  • How about both of you drop it? Like, right now? I think that's a pretty good idea.

Done
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    What I find funny is that the people who usually win the top champs are those who already have a lot of 4* and are really not in need of them anymore and the ones who need the 4 stars for their roster don't have the roster to ensure getting it. That is not a complaint mind you, I have no issues with how they run arenas (well except the beginner bracket, I think everyone should be in the same pool). I think it is a cool feature in the game, if sometimes frustrating.
  • FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

This guy belittling people for playing video games and continuining it with his fauxpologies. You are coming off as a keyboard bully.

And a series takes about 2 minutes so you can shave a 1/3rd off the time. If they enjoy the arena it's not wasted time. "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

Hi kettle, I'm the pot. That's a mighty dark color you're sporting.