**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Mordo's degeneration bugged?

2 questions on mordo's degeneration:
1) why does Mordo's degeneration from special 1 and special 2 show as 2 different sets of degeneration at the top (i.e. there are 2 different degen "circles" shown under the opponents health bar, as oppposed to one stacking twice?)

2) why does his degen trigger willpower? I thought degen by nature is not supposed to trigger willpower (see notes from when degen was originally introduced in the game). In effect if an opponent is stack with degen from special 1 and degen from special 2 at the same time he has willpower activated twice, though willpower shouldn't have activated at all.

Comments

• Options
    Nico010915Nico010915 Posts: 41
    I understand the symbols are the same for both specials but they do two different things.
    Special 1 causes degeneration no matter what and Special 2 causes soul barb, which only causes degeneration if the opponent has buffs. Now willpower should not be turning on. I just tried it and noticed that it is doing it. Any comments from a mod?
  • Options
    Why should it not trigger willpower? It's a debuff like bleed or poison.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,852 ★★★★★
    Nico010915 wrote: »
    I understand the symbols are the same for both specials but they do two different things.
    Special 1 causes degeneration no matter what and Special 2 causes soul barb, which only causes degeneration if the opponent has buffs. Now willpower should not be turning on. I just tried it and noticed that it is doing it. Any comments from a mod?

This is correct. Dormammus degen is also not triggering willpower, while Cable degeneration is
  • Options
    demeddemed Posts: 81
    cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »

Because when they introduced degeneration they made it clear that albeit a debuff it does not trigger regeneration by willpower as they are the complete opposite. That's why degen in act 4 and act 5 doesn't trigger willpower.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,852 ★★★★★
    demed wrote: »

Because when they introduced degeneration they made it clear that albeit a debuff it does not trigger regeneration by willpower as they are the complete opposite. That's why degen in act 4 and act 5 doesn't trigger willpower.

That's a different degeneration. Is a passive from a node
  • Options
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    demed wrote: »

That's a different degeneration. Is a passive from a node

The same could be said about bleed or poison caused from a node. But willpower is triggered whether bleed/poison is caused from a node or when caused by champion.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    From what I have seen wp is triggering from soul barb and not the degen. Which makes sense. Soul barb is a debuff so it should tigger wp. I have not seen wp stacking so I don't know about that
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    If use his sp2 on an opponent with no buffs it's easy to see wp triggering do to soul barb
  • Options
    420down420down Posts: 170
    Like mentioned l2 soul barb does xx energy damage per opponent buff and actually reduces opponents regen by 70%. If you hit against an opponent like sim before he goes overarc it basically becomes a push. lehfb69v4g6n.png
  • Options
    Thanks @420down and @DL864 , this makes sense regarding my first question.

I also forgot to mention willpower does trigger when degen activates after you attack stunned mordo. I would appreciate an answer from the mods on the willpower part.