**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

An eXtra helpful Mordo tip

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
The bane of a lot of people MORDO! The only real counter has been Drax… until now

Something interesting I found out while perusing the forums earlier was that X23's heavy attack isn't affected by Astral evade

Comments

• Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    0l9d9vpbaiae.png

Not affected by the Astral-Degen

fhzs7z7v15gw.png

Just standing there watching the rest of the easily avoidable second half of the special charges up

0310lpgkl7cd.png

And impact!
    I believe this works the same way as Drax but I cannot confirm
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Nice find. I'm gonna have to test it out
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    It works, already many know that

Well very few people actually talk about it and they instinctively go to Drax for a counter

I figured I'd spread awareness that Mordo has an additional counter
    edited August 2017
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

Well very few people actually talk about it and they instinctively go to Drax for a counter

I figured I'd spread awareness that Mordo has an additional counter

U mean u spread awareness so kabam would notice and nerf it >_<
  • hellgoalhellgoal Posts: 22
    Elekra heavy works too
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    What about Hyperion?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    It's the heavies that have several parts to them, Lots of the females have them
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    Means Storm included.

hellgoal wrote: »
    Elekra heavy works too

Actually I've found Elektra can't due to ability reduction specifically not working due to his AAR-immunity (similar to Archangel)
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    What about Hyperion?

No he has 1 hit than a multi hit after stalling which would be long enough for the EA to activate triggering degen
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    It's the heavies that have several parts to them, Lots of the females have them

I believe it is X23 specifically but I will conduct further testing
  • AgentOfSHIELDAgentOfSHIELD Posts: 50
    Spider Gwen's heavy attack causes Mordo's degeneration to fail and she doesnt have a multi hit heavy attack
    OFFICIAL MORDO COUNTER LIST

Elektra: 50/50 chance her heavy attack will ignore Astral evade blast and keep on going as if nothing happened

X23: the second strike of her Heavy seems every so slightly faster making her 2nd strike interact and intercept the A-Evade blast

Agent Venom: 50/50 as his halving of all Evade means the 100% becomes a 50% chance that Mordo evades

Spinny kickers… NOPE!

Spider Gwen… well she herself doesn't take damage in either stance but she doesn't actually hit him in either stance so moot point

Drax: you know the drill…

#1 Drax
    #2 X23
    #3 Agent Venom
    #4 Elektra

Distant #5 Spider Gwen
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★

Elektra: 50/50 chance her heavy attack will ignore Astral evade blast and keep on going as if nothing happened

X23: the second strike of her Heavy seems every so slightly faster making her 2nd strike interact and intercept the A-Evade blast

Agent Venom: 50/50 as his halving of all Evade means the 100% becomes a 50% chance that Mordo evades

Spinny kickers… NOPE!

Spider Gwen… well she herself doesn't take damage in either stance but she doesn't actually hit him in either stance so moot point

#1 Drax
    #2 X23
    #3 Agent Venom
    #4 Elektra

Distant #5 Spider Gwen

Ever heard of karnak?

#1 Drax
    #2 Karnak
    #3 Cable
    #4 X23
    #5 Elektra
    And so on

Spinny kickers… NOPE!

#1 Drax
    #2 X23
    #3 Agent Venom
    #4 Elektra

Distant #5 Spider Gwen

Ever heard of karnak?

#1 Drax
    #2 Karnak
    #3 Cable
    #4 X23
    #5 Elektra
    And so on

Um kinda

Karnak is a stunted variant who often has trouble keeping up with normal Evade champs let alone a defensive style

And poor Cable's concussion is AAR not Evade Reduction meaning it doesn't affect Mordo

#1 Drax
    #2 X23
    #3 Karnak
    #4 AGENT VENOM
    #5 Elektra

Cable… Eh true strike on L3 but triple the hassle for not even double the benefit but power gain… lets call him TBD maybe between AV and Elektra

Karnak requires the True Strike which isn't always up which is why I bump him below X23 who can ALWAYS use that heavy

See Elektra is AAR as well which Mordo is protected against and her Heavy is like 50/50 it works… she makes the list below AV for 2 reasons

1) He has Evade halving on all his attacks. Meanwhile Elektra cannot rely on her normal attacks at all meaning she'd have to use heavy attack and not slip up and accidentally use a normal attack that has ZERO chance to avoid the Astral Evade as only her heavies share the 50%

2) Tenacity shrugs the Degen off… on reality it's only a 50% he fails, and a 50% that Degen sticks. 50% of 50% is 25% so…
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Oh my bad I had read that the spinny kickers all
    Worked, just wanted to make
    Sure the noobs reading this also realise that you can attack him while stunned with any special attack as well
    Cable got true strike so he works
    Also don't forget icey man!
  • Iceman with coldsnap ignore all evade, also astral evade by mordo
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485

Spinny kickers… NOPE!

#1 Drax
    #2 X23
    #3 Agent Venom
    #4 Elektra

Distant #5 Spider Gwen

Even iceman..with coldsnap
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Fun fact: If Quake has Mordo Concussed, she can attack into him while Stunned, and he will evade and attack with Astral Evade... when she will then Evade. No damage done to either champ, just amusing. Same for SG, he evades, but the AE Degen does not hit her, so it's a wash.
    Karnak's heavy is a fast One-two strike that hits Mordo through evade, similar to how Drax does it.
    Elektra is iffier than X-23, but I have had issues with both missing the 2nd strike of their heavy; I think it depends more on how many pixels are between you and Mordy.
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    The bane of a lot of people MORDO! The only real counter has been Drax… until now

Something interesting I found out while perusing the forums earlier was that X23's heavy attack isn't affected by Astral evade

IMO the ABSOLUTE best strategy to fight mordo is to practice his timing. just watch the stun timer and attack just as it expires. (you can actually land a blow slightly before it expires and still be ok)

with practice, you can literally follow ANY parry/stun with a full combo...with ANY character.

for my mastery setup vs AI, I just pary/stun -> dash back -> charge in for combo.

obviously this changes win AW where folks have limbo, etc.

• Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    Iceman is the best option for Mordo. With ice armor and cold snap he counters all of what makes Mordo a decent defender.