**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Thing on a Bleed Immune Node.

NøxNøx Posts: 77
If Thing is on a Bleed Immune Node, does when the attacker would cause bleed still remove 3 rock stacks?

Comments

• KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    In theory he should like he's already bleed immune so putting him on a bleed immune node shouldn't change anything, right?
  • NøxNøx Posts: 77
    It’s really a matter of how the node is coded. Thing is coded to register a bleed but convert it into the removal of rock stacks. The node could be coded to prevent bleed from registering at all. In which case it wouldn’t cause him to lose his rock stacks. It could easily be either.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Nøx said:

It’s really a matter of how the node is coded. Thing is coded to register a bleed but convert it into the removal of rock stacks. The node could be coded to prevent bleed from registering at all. In which case it wouldn’t cause him to lose his rock stacks. It could easily be either.

I don’t think it’s coded to not register the bleed since if you use carnage he inflicts an armor break and x-23 gets cruelty charges which shows that the nosebleed interacts with abilities
    I don’t think that’s correct. Champs like X-23, Yondu, and Elektra do not default to their alternate debuff if a champ is on a bleed immune node. They are just simply immune to bleed. Unless they fixed it recently.
  • V1PER1987 said:

Nøx said:

I don’t think it’s coded to not register the bleed since if you use carnage he inflicts an armor break and x-23 gets cruelty charges which shows that the nosebleed interacts with abilities
    I don’t think that’s correct. Champs like X-23, Yondu, and Elektra do not default to their alternate debuff if a champ is on a bleed immune node. They are just simply immune to bleed. Unless they fixed it recently.
    I think you're right. For example, IMIW is Bleed Immune when his Molecular Armor is active. Armor Break is the only way to remove the stacks of this Passive effect. Yondu, as previously mentioned inflicts Armor Break when fighting someone who is Bleed Immune. In this particular case, the Yaka Arrow doesn't do anything. Just says immune. You would think the immunity would cause the Arrow to Break the Armor, but alas, it doesn't. So if the subject isn't actually Bleed Immune, the secondary ability won't activate. Last I checked anyway.

So in the case of Thing on Bleed Immune it's VERY difficult to say what would happen. If anyone runs into this, please enlighten us what the outcome is. Do the Rock Stacks come off, or does it just say 'Immune'? I've been wondering this myself for a bit and still haven't heard anything to clarify the outcome.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    @KillerRino19 everytime a bleed WOULD be inflicted, Thing loses rockstacks instead. Theoretically, Gwenpool (bleed+ability reduction) could keep Thing's rockstacks permanently at zero
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    This is a good question, I've never encountered thing on a Bleed immune node before. On one hand, he's technically already Bleed immune but loses stacks so it might not change anything. On the other hand, champions like Elektra, yondu, etc who can inflict armour break on Bleed immune champs do not trigger armour break on Bleed immune nodes. Hard to say how this ability would interact.

My guess is, it wouldn't reduce his rock stacks like it would normally. I don't have any proof or evidence, other then the interactions of certain champs I said above. That's all I really have to go on..

A little unrelated, but this is why it would be nice to be able to choose a node or two to put on champs you duel. It would let you do some testing for things like this, and actually make duels worthwhile again..
  • NøxNøx Posts: 77
    Being able to choose nodes, or just a node or two, for duels is a great idea. That certainly would make them fun again and very useful.