**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

EQ Energy Requirements.

GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
The increased Energy Requirements for this month's EQ plus the ridiculous amount to do the class trips has sucked whatever fun remained in this game for FTP players. Thank you kabam. I'll be downloading candy crush soon.

Comments

• Options
    Previously you could finish an entire path on the last level with 70 energy. Now you can't. Fun reduced.
  • Options

You known energy refills are only 30 units, and a few milestones in arena are 15 units themselves, and you have an entire month to do the EQ?

FTP. I'm using units for crystals not energy but thanks for your insight.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Guytennis said:

You known energy refills are only 30 units, and a few milestones in arena are 15 units themselves, and you have an entire month to do the EQ?

Using units on crystals is the most wasteful thing ever, period.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
    You could try doing only one or two difficulties instead of all of them too. Honestly theres not much reason to do any difficulty outside of uncollected except maybe master for 5* shards.
  • Options
    I'm not fully F2P, I spend when I feel I need to or if it took so long for me to get to this point and I'm saying screw it I won't do it again. But as others have said, spending units on Crystals is a waste. Units should go to mastery and content clearing. The more you clear the easier it is to get crystals.
  • Options
    I've cleared everything. Content isn't an issue with an r5 ghost, wasp, domino, sentiel, magik and venom. How do you get new champs if you don't open crytsyal. I feel like in chatting with noobs.
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    Guytennis said:

Previously you could finish an entire path on the last level with 70 energy. Now you can't. Fun reduced.

#facts..70 isn't enough to do even one path..it's like they are forcing you to buy/spends units for refills
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Guytennis said:

I've cleared everything. Content isn't an issue with an r5 ghost, wasp, domino, sentiel, magik and venom. How do you get new champs if you don't open crytsyal. I feel like in chatting with noobs.

😂😂 I have over 80 5*, over 60% duped, and 8 r5 5*. And I still don’t spend my units on crystals
  • Options
    Jaded said:

Guytennis said:

😂😂 I have over 80 5*, over 60% duped, and 8 r5 5*. And I still don’t spend my units on crystals
    I have 72 5*s. How many dollars do you spend?
  • Options
    Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

Guytennis said:

FTP players (and all players)know that the best investment in units is mastery and clearing as much content, crystals are one of the worst ways to try to progress along with war. You have the choice to do it;if you don’t, simply because you want to buy a cav (which is the only recommended crystal to get with units, and I’m just assuming you’re getting those and not grandmasters or any lesser value) Dont complain about not finishing a quest. only on occasions do I spend money, since I don’t need to because I know arena exists and when I’m not spending I’m using my units to grind out the EQ with the side events
    What surprised me the most is that you’re not seeing the addition rewards. If you’re able to do The epic difficulty you get half of a t2a and over 5k 5* shards along with the legendary crystal
    And again you have a lot of time to get it done
    This sounds like advice from someone still with end-game/permanent content yet to be cleared.. There is no rule that spending units you grind from arena on crystals is one of the worst ways to progress. If you have cleared all content 100%, you don't need energy refills. If you have unlocked all masteries, you don't (and can't) spend any more units on masteries.

For some F2P players, the new limit is lacking a particular top champ to expand your roster utility. Or you might be lacking in prestige. In those circumstances, spending grinded units on crystals is entirely understandable, and indeed might be the only viable way to further progress in the game.

Take my position for instance. I have a mutant rank 4-5 gem and I want domino/Omega/Namor but don't have any of these three at the present moment. In these circumstances, I'm gonna be spending my free units on cavalier crystals to hope for one of these champs.

You might say "oh then you will miss out on good unit offers like the 4th July one". That is true, except that I already have a stash of 35k units lol. So what else could drain me? I just spend some spare units on crystals here and there.

Coming back to the main point, I agree that energy requirements have been going up in EQ. This month's EQ is longer and if it is justified on the basis that it runs 1 week longer, what about the one before endgame where it ran 1 week shorter but we did not get reduced energy requirements for completion? That was the first time I didn't bother to finish heroic simply because spending units/refills to 100% heroic for its weak rewards was not worth it.