**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sparky gets punished when auto evading basic attacks?

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
This shouldn't be a thing right? Example: Attempt a parry, he auto evades and the AI follows up with a flurry of light attacks to punish it. In difficult content, with the defenders at an attack rating of over 10k this is a problem. It's making me not want to use him. Is this a thing or am I missing something? Feels like it has something to do with his extended dodge animation?

Comments

• It’s annoying I agree but when you attempt to parry and you auto evade I’m sure you come out of the evade with a blocking stance.
    Whenever an evade triggers for me personally I just go with the flow and dex until I find an opening

True. You will still be able to block after the auto evade. Experienced it myself a couple of time. Same if you use dexterity. Sometimes you will dex but it will also be an auto evade. The AI always continues the attack after an auto evade. If you Dex they mostly pause and swipe back. So you have to be aware that the attack will continue after your Dex will become an evade. Got me a couple of times. And does it still from time to time.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    I find that with spark in particular (because he has a longer than average dodge animation) he is actually being hit while completing his back flip. So, there is no opportunity to defend against it. Anyone else experience this? Granted, I think this is mostly only against high difficulty AI.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

It’s annoying I agree but when you attempt to parry and you auto evade I’m sure you come out of the evade with a blocking stance.
    Whenever an evade triggers for me personally I just go with the flow and dex until I find an opening

Pretty sure they are hitting him while he is still completing the evade animation. Most recent example I experienced this was in V1 against the drones. They are throwing lighting fast light attacks. I'll test it again and maybe try for footage.