**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Skipped "LEVEL UP" Event?!?!

13»

Comments

• Options
    DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★

TwmR said:

TwmR said:

You're literally starting a Strawman. I'm countering it with logic based on the facts presented, and comments from them, which for all intents and purposes, are facts on this Forum. I'm really kind of over it because the conversation just breeds suspicion.

What facts exactly? Youve offered no statistics. You have offered no insight as to how anything can be programmed. You have offered no reasoning behind why Kabam would or wouldnt do this. No mention of any costs, benefits, or ANYTHING. Of all the people arguing here, youve offered the least amount. At least DNA and Drooped made actual, substantial arguments
    And where are your facts and statistics?
    I have already made it crystal clear that:

* The benefits, even if minute, outweigh the virtually non-existent cost

* No argument can be dismissed as Kabam has not shown their code

* The method is possible while giving numerous analogies

* Unless Kabam is using extremely one-sided ratios (which I did NOT say claim), the method would still be considered "random" as assigning extra values to certain events does not negate the Random Number Generator (RNG).

* People value units and rewards differently, with income being an obvious factor in their decision

Go ahead and refute these
    Yes it's possible for them to not be evenly weighted in the RNG but you still have provided no facts or statistics to back up your claims that they're not
    "No argument can be dismissed as Kabam has not shown their code"

Not once did I say "I am 100% correct". The argument is whether or it is a feasible system. Notice I never actually stated that I believe this to be true or if im in favor of it
    Question. If you saw the code, would that end the line of questioning, or would that open up the possibility they never showed the right one/whole thing? Honest answer.
    There's a difference between vague language (ie. "Events are 'random'") and straight up lying. Showing us a fake code is unlikely enough that I'd be willing to dismiss it as a possibility. As for showing us only part, well it depends on what they show and how they present it. But it's also unlikely because even the smallest thing can throw off your code, so showing only some would raise eyebrows immediately.

In short, yes the questioning would end barring any unforeseen and unlikely circumstances.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,363 ★★★★★

TwmR said:

TwmR said:

You're literally starting a Strawman. I'm countering it with logic based on the facts presented, and comments from them, which for all intents and purposes, are facts on this Forum. I'm really kind of over it because the conversation just breeds suspicion.

What facts exactly? Youve offered no statistics. You have offered no insight as to how anything can be programmed. You have offered no reasoning behind why Kabam would or wouldnt do this. No mention of any costs, benefits, or ANYTHING. Of all the people arguing here, youve offered the least amount. At least DNA and Drooped made actual, substantial arguments
    And where are your facts and statistics?
    I have already made it crystal clear that:

* The benefits, even if minute, outweigh the virtually non-existent cost

* No argument can be dismissed as Kabam has not shown their code

* The method is possible while giving numerous analogies

* Unless Kabam is using extremely one-sided ratios (which I did NOT say claim), the method would still be considered "random" as assigning extra values to certain events does not negate the Random Number Generator (RNG).

* People value units and rewards differently, with income being an obvious factor in their decision

Go ahead and refute these
    Yes it's possible for them to not be evenly weighted in the RNG but you still have provided no facts or statistics to back up your claims that they're not
    "No argument can be dismissed as Kabam has not shown their code"

Not once did I say "I am 100% correct". The argument is whether or it is a feasible system. Notice I never actually stated that I believe this to be true or if im in favor of it
    Question. If you saw the code, would that end the line of questioning, or would that open up the possibility they never showed the right one/whole thing? Honest answer.
    There's a difference between vague language (ie. "Events are 'random'") and straight up lying. Showing us a fake code is unlikely enough that I'd be willing to dismiss it as a possibility. As for showing us only part, well it depends on what they show and how they present it. But it's also unlikely because even the smallest thing can throw off your code, so showing only some would raise eyebrows immediately.

In short, yes the questioning would end barring any unforeseen and unlikely circumstances.
    That's not vague at all. It's really what occurs. It's a random outcome selected from 3 possible outcomes, which do not include the previously-run Event. It's designed so that it shuffles and never runs the same one twice in a row. That's about it. Random is not a vague term. It's precisely what the shuffler does. Nor is it a lie.
    The point I was making is very simple. You either believe what they say, or you don't. Suspicion breeds suspicion. To a suspicious mind, no proof is sufficient. One can continue asking open-ended questions, but all they do is lead to further questions. So, you either believe what they're saying is true, or you don't.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

DNA3000 said:

Lastly, theres also demographics and who Kabam is targetting. If I were to guess, big spenders tend to be higher level players with mountains of expiring Iso, tonnes of incomplete quests, and only 70 energy per day

That demographic could not possibly be attracted to the rewards in the event quest completion event in significant enough numbers. I only participate at all because why not, but I'm not incentivized to go out of my way to spend to rank it. The demographic you're talking about has even less use for those rewards than I do. In fact the only reward really useful to me is the units, which only make sense to go for if I'm not actually spending units to get it.

I'm sure someone somewhere is spending to get rank 1 in that event, but Chucky the Madman isn't even a roundoff error on Kabam's financial report.
    That's the thing I was discussing earlier with someone else actually. The costs for making EQ slightly more common shouldnt be much had they already laid the groundwork that would allow for quick changes in the solo event "randomizing process". So the incentive, while small, shouldnt hurt their sales unless they make Event Quest too prevalent. Again, I still dont see why Kabam wouldnt do something thats low-risk
    Again I still dont see why kabam would do something that's so low reward
    Because the benefits still outweigh the negatives
  • Options

Drooped2 said:

DNA3000 said:

Lastly, theres also demographics and who Kabam is targetting. If I were to guess, big spenders tend to be higher level players with mountains of expiring Iso, tonnes of incomplete quests, and only 70 energy per day

That demographic could not possibly be attracted to the rewards in the event quest completion event in significant enough numbers. I only participate at all because why not, but I'm not incentivized to go out of my way to spend to rank it. The demographic you're talking about has even less use for those rewards than I do. In fact the only reward really useful to me is the units, which only make sense to go for if I'm not actually spending units to get it.

I'm sure someone somewhere is spending to get rank 1 in that event, but Chucky the Madman isn't even a roundoff error on Kabam's financial report.
    That's the thing I was discussing earlier with someone else actually. The costs for making EQ slightly more common shouldnt be much had they already laid the groundwork that would allow for quick changes in the solo event "randomizing process". So the incentive, while small, shouldnt hurt their sales unless they make Event Quest too prevalent. Again, I still dont see why Kabam wouldnt do something thats low-risk
    There are no benefits. Nefarious minds can come up with anything they want that benefits them. Just because you have a logical angle doesn't mean it's plausible.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

DNA3000 said:

Because the benefits still outweigh the negatives. Ive said this already why is it so hard to understand? I get to

Drooped2 said:

DNA3000 said:

There are no benefits. Nefarious minds can come up with anything they want that benefits them. Just because you have a logical angle doesn't mean it's plausible.
    Dude can you please just stop replying to me? I'm asking you this favor bc of the 4 people I've been arguing with, you have offered BY FAR the most irrelevant responses.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

Drooped2 said:

DNA3000 said:

There are no benifits to make event quest show up more than level up, In the grand scheme of the game 25 unit’s is a drop in the bucket not worth going out of your way to get. If they came easy like with arena or level up then sure go for them. But making event quest pop up more often has no up side
  • Options
    My responses are irrelevant, and yet you created an entire debate on the "possibility" that they rigged the code because it's allegedly profitable to do so, but you apparently say you don't believe it's the case, just that we don't know it's not unless we see the code. Gotcha.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

DNA3000 said:

I'm more likely to buy a cavalier during level up then an energy refill during eq complete.

I'm betting I'm not alone on that. Just sayin eq completion nets let's then level up I'd guess.

A small minority are cavalier and those who are would rather finish quests than buy cavaliers.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom

"That's not really logical. There's a maximum amount of event quest points you can realistically earn without doing crazy things, so you can't really pressure a significant number of players to burn units just to score high on event quest events."

- DNA300

THIS is an argument

"It's a random outcome selected from 3 possible outcomes, which do not include the previously-run Event. It's designed so that it shuffles and never runs the same one twice in a row. That's about it. Random is not a vague term. It's precisely what the shuffler does. Nor is it a lie."

- you

This. This is what belaboring a point I've already acknowledged and offered a counterargument to looks like.

If your arguments pale in comparison this much compared to someone who is on YOUR side, then you've got nothing to offer in this discussion.
  • Options
    Sorry, my friend. This is just spinning a web.
  • Options
    Batman05 said:

Drooped2 said:

DNA3000 said:

There are no benifits to make event quest show up more than level up, In the grand scheme of the game 25 unit’s is a drop in the bucket not worth going out of your way to get. If they came easy like with arena or level up then sure go for them. But making event quest pop up more often has no up side
    But again, it's not just 25 or 30 units. Someone with disposable income would buy refills bc they want to play but never have enough energy. Having more event quests will further incentivize them to buy those units. Level up, on the other hand, doesnt require units
  • Options
    edited July 2019

No dude. Ive argued with 5 different people now and youre the only one that has repeated basically nothing.
  • Options

No dude. Ive argued with 5 different people now and youre the only one that has repeated basically nothing.
    You've argued with 5 people now because you're spinning a web. To catch people to argue with. The entire basis of the argument was the conspiracy that they have a weighted code to air Events, somehow because it's more profitable for them, and your proof is that there is no proof. I've stated the way things operate. I repeated it because you continue to question it. I'm afraid this entire debate is about nothing. There is absolutely no motive behind them weighting the Events. They don't care what you run. They're no more profitable at any stage. Your argument doesn't hold water. You say I'm contributing nothing, and in one sense that's true. I'm not contributing to the trap.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

DNA3000 said:

I'm more likely to buy a cavalier during level up then an energy refill during eq complete.

I'm betting I'm not alone on that. Just sayin eq completion nets let's then level up I'd guess.

A small minority are cavalier and those who are would rather finish quests than buy cavaliers.
    And how do you know they rather spend on quests then crystals?

I'm pretty sure I see more crystals opened with bought units in my alliance then guys use for refills.

Thinking unit wise
    1 cav crystal is 200 units
    1 featured cav crystal is 300 units
    1 refill is 30 units.

A lot of the spenders who you think care about event quest 100% it within a couple of days.

UC eq normally costs around 20 refills to 100%
    Thats only 600 units.
    Master is about the same at another 600 units
    Heoric about 19 so 580 units

Thats 1780 units if you spend units on all of those refiils

Guys in my top of gold 1/ bottom of plat 3 alliance on average buy 5-10 featured for each new champ
    5 x 300 = 1500
    10× 300 = 3000.

So
    Event quest in the long run means nothing cause most Cavalier players (spenders) rather go after a new champion after finish the EQ in less than a week.

So if anything kabam would benefit from running level up more so these players would want to aquire new champs sooner and rank them up for bonus points.

Mind you half these guys couldn't give a damn what daily event is going on