**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is the buffed reward for AW season really enough...?

PetePete Posts: 32
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
What does community think about the change in AW season rewards?

For folks that push master rank, I just think a month of wasting expensive 30% boosts should return at least 1.5 t5b and 4 t2a in addition to other crystals...there is no motivating factor to push in AW anymore;;

What do y'all think?

Comments

• TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Nope
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Pete said:

What does community think about the change in AW season rewards?

For folks that push master rank, I just think a month of wasting expensive 30% boosts should return at least 1.5 t5b and 4 t2a in addition to other crystals...there is no motivating factor to push in AW anymore;;

What do y'all think?

It depends on who you are and why you do it. It is for me.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★

There is no solution that will satisfy the player base when it comes to rewards. Its never enough. They gave away 5* Awakening Gems at xmas and people were mad cause it's not a generic. They practically gave us a free 5* with the Gwen pool goes to the movies and people were mad because iron patriot was in it. They give a 6* for top rewards in the buffed AW rewards and people are mad because 1 every 6 weeks isnt enough.

No matter the amount of rewards, people will still be upset or say its not enough. They could let you pick your own 5* champ I guarantee people will complain they have to use rank up resources and then the "we need gold realms" posts will flood the forums.

Its never enough.

Had to agree one this one how much I’m also disagree the response to this also is people bost to much in war wher ther really shuldt Hav dome it if ther didt car as much why bots
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I’m happy with the buff. My alliance will still continue to focus on AQ. Rewards are better and the pressure is less. My alliance has been much happier since we stopped worrying about AW. We do what we can. Try to win. Don’t really boost and don’t get mad when people die. We should end up Gold 1 which is fine for us.
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    It would be nice if they buffed it from this season.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm happy overall because I don't like AW at all so any buff to the rewards helped. If I actually wanted to take AW seriously though this is no where near enough to make me care.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Not enough to get me interested in aw. Then again I don't think they could offer enough to make me want to play the joke that is aw. I'll continue to place defense and attack until I'm dead or clear but I won't spend an resources on this game mode
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    I've come to this conclusion: find enough like- minded individuals with a deep enough roster, join wars and place nothing but IMIWs and Darkhawks and Buffed Colossuses, choose Bulwark defense and not even bother with attack. Some just want to see the world burn...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★

There is no solution that will satisfy the player base when it comes to rewards. Its never enough. They gave away 5* Awakening Gems at xmas and people were mad cause it's not a generic. They practically gave us a free 5* with the Gwen pool goes to the movies and people were mad because iron patriot was in it. They give a 6* for top rewards in the buffed AW rewards and people are mad because 1 every 6 weeks isnt enough.

No matter the amount of rewards, people will still be upset or say its not enough. They could let you pick your own 5* champ I guarantee people will complain they have to use rank up resources and then the "we need gold realms" posts will flood the forums.

Its never enough.

Naah. Obviously your a beginner, its pointless to argue with you. For higher tier the rewards are pretty low. And your the only one saying what your saying, infact your copy pasting it everywhere. Do you work for Kabam ? LOL
    I copied and pastes because you have identical posts. You're right, im a beginner. I don't hide who i am. Find my in game profile any time you want. Same name as here. I'll show you what ever you want. You'll be wrong about what you said though.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★

Its never enough.

Naah. Obviously your a beginner, its pointless to argue with you. For higher tier the rewards are pretty low. And your the only one saying what your saying, infact your copy pasting it everywhere. Do you work for Kabam ? LOL
    Can said resone it get espensiv is becasse us the player decides to use bost and pots ect if all just thinking oh wel we dying and just stay dead it wil never get espensiv so overall. Endgame wont reward for what ther use. This season for me ben rof no way near master just I’m got separated one a part wher my team didt suits me with cost me few more that I’m wil like but again I’m find the new rewards perfect aside from the season cystal that the only cystal I’m don’t like
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

Its never enough.

In the case of war, though, I don't think it is a simple matter of people just never being satisfied. The problem is that wars aren't actually all that expensive to play, they are expensive to out-do the competition. So the problem with increasing rewards is that if they increase rewards enough to balance what one person thinks is reasonable for what they spend now, there will be a lot of other players that think it is worth spending even more to win the wars than they do now. This will force everyone else to spend even more to maintain parity.

If everyone's spending was fixed, then at some point you could increase rewards to the point where most reasonable players would think the rewards were worth far more than what they were spending. But as long as players are allowed to chase those rewards by spending, you're likely never going to reach equilibrium. Instead, the current system pretty much guarantees that about half the players in competitive alliances are likely to think the rewards aren't worth the expense - because about half the players will be spending more than average and the rest will be spending less than average and the average amount spent is basically what the players are in effect saying the rewards are worth through their actions.

Which brings up another point. Players *say* the rewards aren't worth it, but game developers do not trust what players say, they trust what players do. If players say they aren't worth it then chase them in actuality, the devs will assume the rewards are in fact worth it because people are in fact spending to get them. In one sense, the AW rewards are like an auction, and the players are bidding for them. In that sense the rewards are worth what the players are willing to pay to get.
    DNA3000 said:

Its never enough.

In the case of war, though, I don't think it is a simple matter of people just never being satisfied. The problem is that wars aren't actually all that expensive to play, they are expensive to out-do the competition. So the problem with increasing rewards is that if they increase rewards enough to balance what one person thinks is reasonable for what they spend now, there will be a lot of other players that think it is worth spending even more to win the wars than they do now. This will force everyone else to spend even more to maintain parity.

If everyone's spending was fixed, then at some point you could increase rewards to the point where most reasonable players would think the rewards were worth far more than what they were spending. But as long as players are allowed to chase those rewards by spending, you're likely never going to reach equilibrium. Instead, the current system pretty much guarantees that about half the players in competitive alliances are likely to think the rewards aren't worth the expense - because about half the players will be spending more than average and the rest will be spending less than average and the average amount spent is basically what the players are in effect saying the rewards are worth through their actions.

Which brings up another point. Players *say* the rewards aren't worth it, but game developers do not trust what players say, they trust what players do. If players say they aren't worth it then chase them in actuality, the devs will assume the rewards are in fact worth it because people are in fact spending to get them. In one sense, the AW rewards are like an auction, and the players are bidding for them. In that sense the rewards are worth what the players are willing to pay to get.
    We're getting at the same point, just in different terms. Players overvalue their time and efforts and equate that into over the top representation of what they *think* they should get. It's not just war, but in every game mode we have. There isn't any possible scenario that I can think that would be a win/win for both the game and the player base.

My personal opinion is that the buff in rewards is substantial. Especially for the Plat 1-Gold 3 areas. One of the biggest complaints we also see around here is the "Ever widening gap of the top players vs mid players and this helps with that gap.

I asked in the main thread what it would take, and very few actually could say what they would want that would make them happy and that tells me all they want is more and don't really understand what they are asking for.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Players might be more satisfied if the top ranks weren't filled with allianceS who've been using mods/hacks to rank as high as top 3
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Shell allainces farming donations 24 hrs a day for the next season as we speak.

Should close them all

There's recently been video of shell/bot alliances sent into Kabam. We'll see if it has more effect than filing support tickets about master tier war alliances using mods/hacks.

Players might be more satisfied if the top ranks weren't filled with allianceS who've been using mods/hacks to rank as high as top 3

We faced a Alliance today that was Silver 3 last season and we're in T2 right now...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Its never enough.

We're getting at the same point, just in different terms. Players overvalue their time and efforts and equate that into over the top representation of what they *think* they should get. It's not just war, but in every game mode we have. There isn't any possible scenario that I can think that would be a win/win for both the game and the player base.
    To me there's a fundamental difference when you introduce alliance play into the equation. In single player game modes I and I alone decide what I spend to complete it. If I spend more than the rewards contained within it are worth to me, then that's my choice. I might do it if the act of completing the content was worth more to me than the rewards in the content, but still that's my choice. I can't blame anyone else but me for spending more than I want to spend on single player content. If I do, I'm a moron.

But alliance play creates independent pressures on players to all engage with the same content (roughly) even though they might all have different strength. And you can't just pick and choose which content to do and which to abandon and try later, because there's no try later in alliance play. A large part of participating in alliance content is to help the alliance, not just to get the rewards, and this acts to pressure players into spending more than the rewards are worth, because the need to not let the alliance down has more "value."

In that respect, while players spending more on single player content than they think it is worth is something I have very little sympathy over, since that's 100% under their control, spending more on alliance content than a player thinks is worth it is something I have much more sympathy over, since the very nature of alliances - which any online game operator both knows and deliberately counts on - adds external forces beyond the value of the rewards.

Is it fixable? Sure. Eliminate all alliance potions. Now you can't spend on wars, so by definition you can't overspend. QED. The question is whether you can address the problem in a palatable way, and that's a much more difficult problem. But the fact that a solution exists, even if it is an unpalatable one, means it can't be impossible to solve. It just might take inventive thinking. But I'm pretty sure it is possible to create an alliance competitive game mode that eliminates all the worst problems of the current alliance war.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    My biggest gripe is the rewards increase doesn't match the difficulty increase when judged on a scaling basis for the state of the game and that should not be true in my opinion. They should scale together but are not clearly to drive potion sales and also keep the need for people to buy deals(I get it's business and there decision in model). I'm f2p so doesnt affectnme to much.

Because of this though I decided to remain dialed back in a very casual alliance while this all gets sorted(or forever).

One thing I will say is for the f2p like me it is not as accessible to keep up anymore without grinding your life away which is unfortunate because that was not always the case in this game.