**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nvm what I said about cyclops

Too_qikToo_qik Posts: 600 ★★
So a while back I made this post titled: "we owe cyclops an apology." In that post I said and I quote: "Idk why cyclops *red and blue* gets so much hate, he's not THAT bad I have him as a 5* and he found some good usege against havock in the MEQ, good counter to Emma frost to he's also good on war defense on unblockeble SP1 node. And is great for act 5 breakthrough node.

Now let's all apologize to cylcops for memeing him and all, I mean, Shure he's no Stark spidy but still. We owe him an apology

Oh AND I frogot to mention that he's also good against characters with autoblock or high block proficiency with his crit. Through block."
Well I'm here now to say: I still like him, in fact I love cyclops im just making this post because I now realize that there are far better options for all of what cyclops does, like my 5* ghost is a far better option for crit. Through block. Also my newly acquired 5* Medusa is now my go-to champ for act 5 breakthrough, BUT I still think cyclops is good and I still like him. I'm just saying he's now a B. Option for me, however more than often I find Medusa and ghost tied up in an AW or AQ and then do you know who I go-to for a lot of things?
That's right! Cyclops, but I made this post to say that we as a community still owe cyclops an apology, we just don't owe him AS BIG of an apology as I once thought we did.
Now let's all apologize to cylcops for memeing him and all.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Too_qik said:

So a while back I made this post titled: "we owe cyclops an apology." In that post I said and I quote: "Idk why cyclops *red and blue* gets so much hate, he's not THAT bad I have him as a 5* and he found some good usege against havock in the MEQ, good counter to Emma frost to he's also good on war defense on unblockeble SP1 node. And is great for act 5 breakthrough node.

Now let's all apologize to cylcops for memeing him and all, I mean, Shure he's no Stark spidy but still. We owe him an apology

Oh AND I frogot to mention that he's also good against characters with autoblock or high block proficiency with his crit. Through block."
    Well I'm here now to say: I still like him, in fact I love cyclops im just making this post because I now realize that there are far better options for all of what cyclops does, like my 5* ghost is a far better option for crit. Through block. Also my newly acquired 5* Medusa is now my go-to champ for act 5 breakthrough, BUT I still think cyclops is good and I still like him. I'm just saying he's now a B. Option for me, however more than often I find Medusa and ghost tied up in an AW or AQ and then do you know who I go-to for a lot of things?
    That's right! Cyclops, but I made this post to say that we as a community still owe cyclops an apology, we just don't owe him AS BIG of an apology as I once thought we did.

860 hits as 5 star rank 2 against WS is sad... No apology from me... Needed less hits with my 4 star duped r4 WS without killmonger synergy
    not everything in this game is about pure damage output....we have god tier champs who do mediocre damage because of their utility..
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Too_qik said:

860 hits as 5 star rank 2 against WS is sad... No apology from me... Needed less hits with my 4 star duped r4 WS without killmonger synergy
    not everything in this game is about pure damage output....we have god tier champs who do mediocre damage because of their utility..
    What utility does Cyclops have that justifies his weak damage output?
    I am not defending Cyclops particularly, just pointing out that his damage is weaker than another champion is not the only criteria. If he had included his lack of utility I would not have stated anything.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

Lormif said:

Too_qik said:

He is the ultimate Havoc counter. You can really use him to wreck Havok when someone thinks he makes a good boss or miniboss in war.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    V1PER1987 said:

I’m not sure why you made another post about this. Basically you’re saying his main saving grace is crit on block. That’s not even a rare ability anymore. The list of champs who do it better:

Yondu (can even bleed/armor break through block)
    Elektra
    Ghost (can also be unblockable with Wasp)
    Corvus

I know I’m forgetting a few. There’s even some champs that are better because they have unblockable specials, like IMIW and Carnage (I know OG Cyclops gets unblockable specials too).

Well I guess technically you’re also saying he’s the best Havok counter, too. There are better counters for him too:

Angela
    Heimdall
    Vulture
    Civil Warrior
    Ultron (either)
    Iceman
    Venom
    Venom the Duck
    All the Iron Men & clones (class advantage + regen beats whatever Cyclops doesn’t bring to the table)

Cyclops is outdated and horrible. Literally anything he does can be done by anyone better plus they do much more damage. It’s sad because X-Men is probably my favorite Marvel “universe” and I really like Cyclops, but he is awful in this game.

There's over a hundred champs in the game. For Cyclops to be "horrible" I think you'd have to make the case that for everything he can do, there are literally several dozen champs that could do it better. If only four, or even a dozen champs are better, that implies he's still in the ninety percentile on that thing.
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yeah, have to agree, he sucks. Even with all the newer synergies (EF, Havok, Sinister, Cable) he is still mind-bogglingly underwhelming.

Crit thru block isn’t that useful, and good players can get openings to actually hit their opponent.

And saying he’s good against breakthrough also makes no sense. Everyone is good against breakthrough, after 20 hits their armor starts going into the negative. The only champs who are better are champs with 6-7 hit combos and high hit count specials, which cyclops has neither.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

I’m not sure why you made another post about this. Basically you’re saying his main saving grace is crit on block. That’s not even a rare ability anymore. The list of champs who do it better:

Yondu (can even bleed/armor break through block)
    Elektra
    Ghost (can also be unblockable with Wasp)
    Corvus

I know I’m forgetting a few. There’s even some champs that are better because they have unblockable specials, like IMIW and Carnage (I know OG Cyclops gets unblockable specials too).

Well I guess technically you’re also saying he’s the best Havok counter, too. There are better counters for him too:

Angela
    Heimdall
    Vulture
    Civil Warrior
    Ultron (either)
    Iceman
    Venom
    Venom the Duck
    All the Iron Men & clones (class advantage + regen beats whatever Cyclops doesn’t bring to the table)

Cyclops is outdated and horrible. Literally anything he does can be done by anyone better plus they do much more damage. It’s sad because X-Men is probably my favorite Marvel “universe” and I really like Cyclops, but he is awful in this game.

There's over a hundred champs in the game. For Cyclops to be "horrible" I think you'd have to make the case that for everything he can do, there are literally several dozen champs that could do it better. If only four, or even a dozen champs are better, that implies he's still in the ninety percentile on that thing.
    So because only a handful of champs can do something, that immediately makes him valuable? Because that’s how I read it.

BPCW is the only one who can reflect stun. Guess that makes him god tier. OG DD can evade projectiles 100% of the time at max sig which is better than Sparky so I guess he’s god tier too. Magneto is one of 3 champs that has safeguard in his sig even though his is worst. But he also has psychic immunity. Beyond god tier.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Too_qik said:

Who are those champs? Every champ I consider good has at least decent damage
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Im curious, how does he counter emma frost? What is there to counter even? Emma is more of attacker than defender, her only defensive utilities are reverse controls and brief stun immunity, both easy to play around with any champion
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Aleor said:

Lormif said:

Too_qik said:

Who are those champs? Every champ I consider good has at least decent damage
    Off the top of my head, the champ that most comes to mind as being considered a very good champ but has subpar damage is Vision. And unless you're slamming a high buff champion with SP3, Magik's damage is probably just average. I also consider Blade to be a good champ even in bleed-immune situations, but even with danger sense and especially without it his damage is only average without bleeds (not just because of the actual bleed damage but also because of the power gain).

Maybe a trick answer, but another champ that doesn't have high damage but is considered extremely valuable is Void. His direct damage is very low in general, and even his debuff damage is so-so. His forte is heal block/reversal and power block/reversal, not that he kills particularly quickly.
  • Options

Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Too_qik said:

He is the ultimate Havoc counter. You can really use him to wreck Havok when someone thinks he makes a good boss or miniboss in war.
    I wouldn't say wreck. Since neither of their energy attacks harm each other it would be a long fight. And if you fight Havok on a mini or a boss node then you're most likely going to time out at least once.
    But it is nice to have an opponent who's specials to include sp3 do not hurt at all. As long as you can evade and intercept there is no way for havoc to hurt you. And while the specials work both ways, if your skilled enough you can just tee off on him.
  • Options
    On a serious note though, yeah beyond rear and special situations for havoc or attack boost synergy I wouldnt use him.