**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

T5 Basic catalysts - Shortage

I have a problem with a shortage of T5 Basic catalysts

I've been playing the game since 2 or 3 months after it was released and have completed RTTL/ROL etc but still don't have a 2nd T5
I have 1 fully formed, and around 10k shards towards my next one, but am desperate to rank 5 at least 1 5* champ in the next couple of months. I've done an initial run through of act 5 but don't have the champs for 6.1 etc due to some really poor RNG (that's a different discussion though!)
the rarity of getting shards just seems beyond my understanding at the moment

I know most replies, to this will be "go and explore act 5 100%" as that seems to be the best way of getting them but wondered if anyone else has luck elsewhere in the game or can give me a pointer on where I should be focusing my efforts?

This month is the first month that I managed to 100% EQ UC, I don't have the free time for MAP5+ in AQ, nor Arena's. Buying 900 shards a week with glory isn't cutting it (a year or so to save, reeeeally???) I was hoping for some luck with the War rewards but that damned RNG wasn't my friend either...

Just looking for some clarification as cant really find any solid info or posts about it.

Thanks in advance!
Arch

Comments

• Options
    Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 618 ★★
    They're ridiculously overpriced though both for units and/or cash on deals in my experience. We really could do with the Kabam overlords introducing an arena for them - even with a 50k BC entry fee to differentiate it against the T4 arena would be at least some way to filling the void.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    How’d you have a time for a t5b arena but not map 5 aq?
  • Options
    Easy Map 5 is 5 days out of 7 and requires me to log in while I am at work... arena i'd play once in a while and only when i'm not at work... Arena doesn't constantly tag you in messages to say we need you online, can you move up etc etc.
  • Options
    Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    edited November 2019
    I'd like to bump this thread. I feel there need to be more ways to get Tier 5 basic catalyst fragments. Maybe there should be a small amount for completing each chapter in UC EQ, not only from completing all of it and exploring it.

The progress towards maxing out my first 5 star is oh so slow...!

• Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    How have you played this long and still have so much left to do? Need to work on your skills and finish some content.
  • Options

I'd like to bump this thread. I feel there need to be more ways to get Tier 5 basic catalyst fragments. Maybe there should be a small amount for completing each chapter in UC EQ, not only from completing all of it and exploring it.

The progress towards maxing out my first 5 star is oh so slow...!

T5 Basic Catalysts are still very rare and for good reason. They're the top tier of catalysts. This coming EQ's side quest will have some extras in it, plua the standard amount from the UC difficulty of the main EQ. Also, higher tier AW awards a fair amount. Variant quests. Act 5 exploration. Act 6. They're available, just not easy to get yet. All in due time. I remember when T4 Basics and Class were difficult to get, and now I'm overloaded with all of them.

Truthfully, it's about that time we see a bump in the UC EQ rewards, and perhaps a Cavalier difficulty to increase the availability. However, if a Cavalier difficulty were to be added, the difficulty would match the rewards. So if Variant is proving too difficult to acquire t5bc frags, a Cavalier difficulty in the EQ would likely be just as problematic for you. Supposedly next week the Glory Store will be updated, so that could mean a reduction in coat for the t5bc frags. Hopefully anyway.
  • Options
    Since i originally made this post I have actually made a lot of progress (bearing in mind the post is almost 4 months old now) managed to pick up a couple meanwhile through quest explorations , but still I feel the availability for the t5B needs improvement.
    Yes they should be rare, but not so much that many of my team members are in the same position i was back in June when they have played as long or as I
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He idea woth progression is for act 5 100% to be the first 5-65, people who are less skilled who can’t be bothered can get it from other stuff
  • Options

How have you played this long and still have so much left to do? Need to work on your skills and finish some content.

Your response it not very constructive.

How have I played for so long and still have much to do you ask... I'll tell you the secret.
    It's called having a life. A job to manage, a house to take care of and a wife to keep happy. And... a shortage of resources to rank up champs in order to progress quicker. Basically, playing when I have time.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    I know this is not what you are asking for, but I will reply anyway.

Forget R5s for the moment. If / when you can have one, provided that you do have a champ worthy of R5 of course, great, do it. Make sure you farm those 6 T2As required too. But for the moment, a deep and diverse roster of R4s can get sooo much done in the game. Beat monthly uncollected EQs, help you explore Act 5 (which will give you 2 T5BCs btw, to help you get your first / second R5), explore monthly Epic side-quests etc. This should be your focus for the time being.

Just my approach.
  • Options

I know this is not what you are asking for, but I will reply anyway.

Forget R5s for the moment. If / when you can have one, provided that you do have a champ worthy of R5 of course, great, do it. Make sure you farm those 6 T2As required too. But for the moment, a deep and diverse roster of R4s can get sooo much done in the game. Beat monthly uncollected EQs, help you explore Act 5 (which will give you 2 T5BCs btw, to help you get your first / second R5), explore monthly Epic side-quests etc. This should be your focus for the time being.

Just my approach.

Yeah, you might be right that going for a more diverse 5 star rank 4:s might help me meanwhile.
    I just feel my skill and timing gives me a little bit too small margins. Ranking up at least one of my best 5 stars would help give me a little edge. I am trying to complete act 5, and then explore it. The reward seems so enticing. But I'm a long way off. It took too many units just to become Uncollected.

I have Duped Hyperion, Darkhawk and Omega red at the moment, at rank 4 and over 100 sig.
    I do feel some of the challenges with timing and skill might be helped by upgrading my phone... I have an older Samsung phone that is good enough, but a bit laggy and sluggish at times.
    Well well. I do wish there were ways to get at least small amounts of T5BC fragments without completing UC EQ. That completing chapter 2 would award some small amount maybe. At least it would feel like making a little progress.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

How have I played for so long and still have much to do you ask... I'll tell you the secret.
    It's called having a life. A job to manage, a house to take care of and a wife to keep happy. And... a shortage of resources to rank up champs in order to progress quicker. Basically, playing when I have time.
    You’re speaking as though others who are way above you don’t have jobs, are homeless and single..
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    @Captain_Nietsch

Keep in mind that Act 5, especially 5.3, is all about roster depth and roster diversity. Even the best team will not cut it for all material (even though those 3 you have at R4 and duped will put a ton of work). There is really no shortcut around it.

For example, it took me a while to move on past the Collector, because I didn't have good Mystics for 5.3.1 and I didn't feel that using other classes was working out for me. The next 3 chapters were easier, because I was good with Tech, Cosmics and Mutants. Then again a pause and then I pushed hard through 5.4. Currently I am sooo close to my 2 first R5s and (having 8 R4s) I am tempted to create a couple more before jumping in the R5s. Those damn T2As are never enough...
  • Options
    xNig said:

You’re speaking as though others who are way above you don’t have jobs, are homeless and single..
    Aren't they? :wink:

Joking aside, that's not what I meant.
    However, if they are way above me they must have spent a lot more time and effort on the game than I have. And maybe they've built up much more skill than I've managed. I guess talent, timing and quick reaction times play a part even in a game like this. Maybe I've reached my limit in regards to skill, and ranking up is my only hope... lol
    It's like I've reached a glass roof, and it takes a really long time (or spending real money) to collect the resources to advance further.
  • Options

@Captain_Nietsch

Keep in mind that Act 5, especially 5.3, is all about roster depth and roster diversity. Even the best team will not cut it for all material (even though those 3 you have at R4 and duped will put a ton of work). There is really no shortcut around it.

For example, it took me a while to move on past the Collector, because I didn't have good Mystics for 5.3.1 and I didn't feel that using other classes was working out for me. The next 3 chapters were easier, because I was good with Tech, Cosmics and Mutants. Then again a pause and then I pushed hard through 5.4. Currently I am sooo close to my 2 first R5s and (having 8 R4s) I am tempted to create a couple more before jumping in the R5s. Those damn T2As are never enough...

Thanks! That actually sounds like good advice. You are probably right. What I've seen so far of 5.3 is that the difficulty increased quite a bit, once you're past the collector. Probably needs a long time of building a more diverse roster, to have a decent counter to most scenarios.
    I'll keep on keeping on...!
  • Options

xNig said:

Aren't they? :wink:

Joking aside, that's not what I meant.
    However, if they are way above me they must have spent a lot more time and effort on the game than I have. And maybe they've built up much more skill than I've managed. I guess talent, timing and quick reaction times play a part even in a game like this. Maybe I've reached my limit in regards to skill, and ranking up is my only hope... lol
    It's like I've reached a glass roof, and it takes a really long time (or spending real money) to collect the resources to advance further.
    Many run into the progression plateau at some point or another. Best course of action during those times is push yourself to try harder content. Sure, you'll get rolled a few times to start. However, eventually you'll get the hang of it and start progressing again. It's doing the content you thought was 'too difficult' when you 1st encountered it that will get you those rare items (i.e. T5bcs).

Also, @Hector_1475 gave some sound advice in expanding your 5* R4s. More options always helps. For sure rank some Variant helpers and explore as much as you can! Those Rank Up Gems are clutch! As I said earlier in regards to the t5bcs becoming more available, all in due time. As you rank up more R4s, you'll be better prepared for higher tier content and in turn, get more resources to rank up R5s.

As to 5.3, yeah it's a bit of drag. The class specific quests can slow you down. However the nodes aren't that difficult. Just keep pressing forward! In my opinion, 5.4 is easier (and more fun) than 5.3. I put off Act 5 exploration for far too long myself,
    and am now cleaning up. This is the order I'm doing it. 5.1, 5.4, 5.2, 5.3. 1 and 4 are already 100%. 5.2 is ALMOST done as well. Then it's back to 5.3 🤮. Cannot wait to finish this up and get that Elder's Bane title! Best of luck out there @Captain_Nietsch , indeed just keep on the keeping on!