**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5 Star Featured Arena Frustration [edited title]

CUBCUB Posts: 146
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Stealth Suit went for 47 million and the hype has been down on him.
I grind my ass off and get 48 million spend over 3000 units to get the 1-10 %.
And what do I get 2000 5 star shards
I'm crushed and quiting this stupid game. FTW

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    how is it BS? i missed him also (and i think he's trash) but the system is fair (outside the cheaters/bots)
  • CUBCUB Posts: 146
    just venting i guess its not
    and most the time they go for less on the 2nd run so I thought I was safe at 48 so yeah BS
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    i was 151 in round 1 with 47.3 and ya i'm shocked he went up, cause again, he's horrible, i missed both rounds
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    CUB said:

and most the time they go for less on the 2nd run so I thought I was safe at 48 so yeah BS

That's not true: sometimes they go for more, sometimes they go for less. It is hard to determine a pattern, because everyone else sees the same thing you do. If everyone thinks day two will be a little easier, so they decide to push a little harder just to be safe, then day two will actually be a little higher. You have to remember all other arena grinders have the same choice you do, and it is impossible to predict how many will do the same thing as you, and how many people will do something different. That's why arena scores always have some element of surprise to them.

For the record and looking at first-time arenas only (where I have data), Invisible Woman went for more (on day 2), Namor went for less, Maw went for less, Cull went for more, Ronin went for less, Torch went for less, Fury went for more, CM went for more, Sinister went for less, Havok went for more, Thing went for more. There's no real pattern there, and if there was a pattern arena grinders would be trying to exploit it, thus altering the pattern.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★

i was 151 in round 1 with 47.3 and ya i'm shocked he went up, cause again, he's horrible, i missed both rounds

How is he horrible
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

He’s like a sparky except with a slow debuff instead of taunt
    Although I think they should add a 5* basic by now or revamp existing arenas been like a year and a half since last arena change
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Never spend units on versus, and doing between 12 to 15 millions is enough to get the 2000 5 stars shards

I prefer to keep the units for events such as variant, LOL, or even trying to get the featured hero on 300 u crystal

For the same amount of unit you would have had 10 crystals to try the 6 stars new spidey + the 2000 5 stars shards ;)
  • matt_409matt_409 Posts: 9
    Turd Ferguson