**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Should there be a limit of posts in one day?

Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
I've seen many unconstructive posts, nonsensical polls, and all around spam on the forums lately and I wanted to ask the community if there should be a limit to a person's posts in one day?

This could be only x discussions and x polls in a day, or maybe x discussions and polls in one day. I don't know, if you agree with a limit on the posts then comment your ideas for how they can be restricted.

*x is a variable number that's why I said x discussions and x polls.

Comments

• TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Maybe for starting a discussion or poll, but once they are up you may have time going and forth with others. Can't limit how many times someone posts because there is no telling how a discussion will go on for. It would then be the mods responsibility to determine constructive or not and moderate the discussion.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

I've seen many unconstructive posts, nonsensical polls, and all around spam on the forums lately and I wanted to ask the community if there should be a limit to a person's posts in one day?

This could be only x discussions and x polls in a day, or maybe x discussions and polls in one day. I don't know, if you agree with a limit on the posts then comment your ideas for how they can be restricted.

Is not your post spam? All it is doing is clogging the forums with non MCoC related stuff, and if you think about it non constructive. So by your own idea you should not be allowed to post?
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★

Is not your post spam? All it is doing is clogging the forums with non MCoC related stuff, and if you think about it non constructive. So by your own idea you should not be allowed to post?
    This Mcoc FORUM related, so I still think its related to the forum enough to be posted. If you think otherwise then fine that's your opinion. I also never said that spam shouldn't be allowed to be posted but to limit it there could be a limit.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    For posts, no, for comments, yes please.
    Arsoz said:

I see you are hating on my boy too qik well let me tell you something boy just ignore it like a normal person with a brain will do, dont go and type stop spaming or doing poll posts.

Dilly dilly sir

Nope, didn't make it against only him, he is just one of the many who spam this forum.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,125 ★★★★★
    How much I’m we like it I’m disagree one it because let we u find more that bug ect but you didt find them all in 1 you lucked them down to find them because unfortunately is ban from posting more that fx so I’m disagree
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Triggered?
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Max should be two and if I see another poll by "him" I'm gonna lose it

Change of plans OP instead of a limit to post per day
    Maybe it’s a new filter where we can’t post redundant questions

Are you throwing shade at this post. I honestly can't tell lol, but yah that would be nice.

Change of plans OP instead of a limit to post per day
    Maybe it’s a new filter where we can’t post redundant questions

Are you throwing shade at this post. I honestly can't tell lol, but yah that would be nice.
    Ohh no I like this post idea lol
    Just seen a lot of those,”give me this”,” when does this..”
    Those are real annoying since they can be simply searched
    Oh ok, I got you. I agree, it's so annoying when I see a full front page of those posts.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,586 Guardian
    Could also refer to someone who creates multiple Recruitment posts (like we don't see that they are all from the same royalty-theme named person), and then continues to update multiple of those posts all at the same time, several times a day.

Instead of just sticking to a single post and just updating that one (although continually “bumping” just 1 recruitment several times a day is probably even against TOS).

Zuro said:

Max should be two and if I see another poll by "him" I'm gonna lose it

By whom, though?
    Look above for the gif, and see who it is mentioned.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    If u wanna have a post limit, or impose one on someone else, get yourself and them jailed by getting in a big fight that goes way too far.

Or be like me and get jailed for posting a movie spoiler with 3 layers of “Don’t click this if u don’t want a major spoiler”

For real though, comment limits suck because you could be following through with strategy and tips for people asking for help (and you ask for roster and mastery setup, then respond when they post)

Maybe max 3 discussions per calendar day, but not on comments. People who spend too much time on the forums like me have multiple threads to be a part of, so it would make it awful for me and other actives.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Too_qik said:

No

**** you saw the post we've been exposed
    Too_qik said:

Too qik starting a thread/poll be like

Seriously, though, it feels like the moderators are doing a good job at keeping the forum tidy, so I don't see a need for any preemptive restriction.

Oh great, I'm officially a forum meme...
    You made yourself a meme so don't complain.
    Too_qik said:

Too qik starting a thread/poll be like

Seriously, though, it feels like the moderators are doing a good job at keeping the forum tidy, so I don't see a need for any preemptive restriction.

Oh great, I'm officially a forum meme...
    Well you are now famous at least

Too_qik said:

No

**** you saw the post we've been exposed
    Turns light on we all scatter like roaches