Options

Energy costs need to be reduced

Mutant_0280Mutant_0280 Posts: 31
edited July 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
This has probably been covered by a number of other players over previous months (including this month), but it clearly still needs discussing. Energy costs are WAY too high at the moment. 70 energy doesn't even clear a single path in EQ anymore, which is pretty ridiculous when you think about it. There are a lot of extra energy costs for 'nothing tiles' between fights and there's no reason why a single move should cost 3-4 energy, forcing people to either wait around until they can move or use units to refill. One move should equal one energy.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

This has probably been covered by a number of other players over previous months (including this month), but it clearly still needs discussing. Energy costs are WAY too high at the moment. 70 energy doesn't even clear a single path in EQ anymore, which is pretty ridiculous when you think about it. There are a lot of extra energy costs for 'nothing tiles' between fights and there's no reason why a single move should cost 3-4 energy, forcing people to either wait around until they can move or use units to refill. One move should equal one energy.

Why should it be 1-1, you never stated an actual reason other then you want it to.
  • Options

Here's the thing, though:

Energy requirements don't make any sense at all, when solely thinking about the individual gameplay experience.
    It's only meant to
    a) give (non permanent) content more longevity
    b) entice players to buy energy refills.

This is not a gameplay decision, it is a business decision. So while it might definitely be changed in the future, it most definitely won't be changed in a way that would satisfy you.

You just need to manage around it. Opening threads about this however is completely redundant.

I get your point dude, that makes sense. But I guess my overall issue is with the increase in side events (for example Class Trips) there has to be a bit of give in how much energy folks are required to use. Perhaps the side events are free while regular EQ is slightly reduced?
  • Options

Lormif said:

Why should it be 1-1, you never stated an actual reason other then you want it to.
    I think 'not being able to clear a single path in EQ with 70 energy' as an example is a valid reason.
    Still doesn’t sound like a good reason.
    Only thing I agree with is the ton of filler tiles that serve no value other than to drain energy
    I’m the picture a live you don’t need 4, 3 energy tiles on one section of the path. I’m fine with the 3 energy requirements and am willing to buy a refill or two for a path. But having filler nodes is ridiculous, I’m willing to have fights on those filler tiles
    I'm with you on not being bothered every now and again getting the odd refill, but your pic is a perfect example of why the current energy spending system doesn't work as well as it could. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options

Lormif said:

I think 'not being able to clear a single path in EQ with 70 energy' as an example is a valid reason.
    Why is it a valid reason? it is not like you have to complete the content then, you can come back to it...
  • Options
    RockonRockon Posts: 271
    i think we should rarely receive a buff to reduce energy cost for a certain period of time, that WE can use at our choice. like xp boosts, arena boosts, etc... so for someone that actually knows when they can put some time down into a mode they want/need to do that can do so.
  • Options
    Rockon said:

i think we should rarely receive a buff to reduce energy cost for a certain period of time, that WE can use at our choice. like xp boosts, arena boosts, etc... so for someone that actually knows when they can put some time down into a mode they want/need to do that can do so.

I like that idea 👍🏼
  • Options
    The problem is they use these costs to gate content that can be consumed per month. They do this to make their content last all month. If every piece of content had a 1-1 ratio of energy per node you would be able to down every EQ difficulty in less than a week, then you can down pretty much anything else in the rest of the month. The amount of content they would have to put out at that pace would be unfathomable for a game like this.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,270 ★★★★★
    Here's the thing. It has to cost a certain amount of Energy each month. That can vary from month to month. They don't have much option to have filler Tiles. They could put all Champs on the Tiles and end up with Paths that have nothing. That doesn't make sense.
    We've had Paths that costed more than 70 before. Not by much. Just come back to it later.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

The problem is they use these costs to gate content that can be consumed per month. They do this to make their content last all month. If every piece of content had a 1-1 ratio of energy per node you would be able to down every EQ difficulty in less than a week, then you can down pretty much anything else in the rest of the month. The amount of content they would have to put out at that pace would be unfathomable for a game like this.

I see your point and agree with what you're saying. All I'm saying is that it would be at least nice to complete a single path in either Master or Epic with max energy, then have the choice whether to refill or wait till the next day.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Why is it a valid reason? it is not like you have to complete the content then, you can come back to it...
    Energy costs were insane this eq a path in chapter 1 took over 60 energy its normally sub 40
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I think the 3-5 straight empty tiles suck. But I do agree with the 3 energy cost if not I’d be done too quick.

Maybe add one champ between those that’d be fine.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Here's the thing. It has to cost a certain amount of Energy each month. That can vary from month to month. They don't have much option to have filler Tiles. They could put all Champs on the Tiles and end up with Paths that have nothing. That doesn't make sense.
    We've had Paths that costed more than 70 before. Not by much. Just come back to it later.

This eq has required much more energy then previous ones
  • Options
    Kobster84 said:

Some cost more, some cost less. It varies. They're not all the same. They're usually within the same range.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Kobster84 said:

Some cost more, some cost less. It varies. They're not all the same. They're usually within the same range.
    When a path requires more energy than 1 Energy Refill can give at Lvl 60 (AKA 70 Energy), it’s too much.
    I honestly don’t know why you would go beyond that. Forcing your players to wait for energy doesn’t make it more fun or challenging... it just makes it more boring.
    We're talking a half an hour max. I wouldn't call that too much. Just go back to it after. It's not the first time Energy has been over 70. Not to mention we should be used to it by now from Storymode.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Kobster84 said:

When a path requires more energy than 1 Energy Refill can give at Lvl 60 (AKA 70 Energy), it’s too much.
    I honestly don’t know why you would go beyond that. Forcing your players to wait for energy doesn’t make it more fun or challenging... it just makes it more boring.
    We're talking a half an hour max. I wouldn't call that too much. Just go back to it after. It's not the first time Energy has been over 70. Not to mention we should be used to it by now from Storymode.
    Why should we have to go back to it? When someone pays 30 units so they can do a quest, they should be able to do it.

Besides, what is the point of waiting to do a single quest? It just makes the game more sluggish, boring & undesirable to play.
    Why should you go back to it? You're going to have to if you want to do Exploration either way. That, or use Refills. You can't do the entire EQ with 70 Energy. It's not unreasonable to go as far as you can and come back later to do more. Saves on Units. There's nothing that says each Path should be 70 Energy or under. With a little patience, you can save a great deal of Units actually. We know EQ takes a large amount of Energy. We know it comes every month. It makes sense to be prepared for it. I recycle the Units I get from it into Exploration. I hit Help and come back later and reduce the amount I need to use. Takes me about a week or two at most to do them all. Then I use my Energy for Side Quests and Storymode the rest of the month. Sometimes I even wait until the last minute and still do it. Multiple Difficulties. So I don't really see it as an exceptional amount. It takes a large amount, sure. We know it's coming monthly.
  • Options
    Not to mention, we earn Refills from Peak Milestones all month.
  • Options
    YofaYofa Posts: 11

Here's the thing, though:

Energy requirements don't make any sense at all, when solely thinking about the individual gameplay experience.
    It's only meant to
    a) give (non permanent) content more longevity
    b) entice players to buy energy refills.

This is not a gameplay decision, it is a business decision. So while it might definitely be changed in the future, it most definitely won't be changed in a way that would satisfy you.

You just need to manage around it. Opening threads about this however is completely redundant.

• Options
    YofaYofa Posts: 11
    I do not agree that the uc of this month the chap3 70 enrgie are enough to get to the end of a path