**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just got green goblin

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
Is he she any good? Should I awaken himher

Honest advice please

Comments

• Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Well first it's a man. Second he's bugged and third he's gonna take some time to get used to. So no not at the moment, he's not good. Maybe when he's not bugged.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Heard ppl say he's bugged, but haven't seen anyone say how. What's the problem with him?
  • Options
    Ppl don't like that he doesn't have the power control style/abilities of Magik or vision despite kabam saying he's a power control monster.

As far as getting used to him, he's not as complicated as ppl say. He's not beast/rider/etc. Just play with him and you'll learn him quickly.

Idk about bugs as I haven't noticed them.
  • Options
    Something about his sig ability not kicking in. I don't have him but people aren't happy with him right now.
  • Options
    Mine does super bombs pretty frequently. It's only like an almost 25% chance to do it tho
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong. The game is riddled w random bugs that occur for some more than others. I don't mean to seem like I'm naysaying. I just haven't noticed it with mine.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    The only thing with him is you have to adjust your play style slightly so you always have more or equal cunning as madness. You have to intercept more and not rely so much on parry since if you constantly parry you will consistently have more madness than cunning and offensively cunning has much more useful effects than madness.
  • Options
    Depends on what you want, I guess. Cunning lasts twice as long. I usually parry more than intercept but haven't noticed too much of an imbalance in the charges. cq1wq11yw3vi.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Oops I'm sorry that was Doc Ock who has a buggy sig. Yeah for Green Goblin it's just that people are saying Kabam hyped him up and he isn't living up to it.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Green Goblin is still good. Being incorrectly advertised didn't make the other parts of his kit bad.

He's about on the level of Yondu or Agent Venom. Not the best in the game, but has a lot of utility and some okay damage.

He can give himself near perfect block (because he regens even when blocking and applies weakness to the enemy), cut bleed/limbo/degen damage, go through block (with incinerate), cut healing by 1/3rd (with poison) and he takes less damage from specials and also does more damage with specials.

So, all in all he is good, just not god tier. His special 2 and special 3 seem to be bugged and don't always hit properly or proc everything, but I assume they will fix that soon.
  • Options
    JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    His specials aren't supposed to proc everything all the time. How can sp3, which is an unblockable cutscene, not hit properly?
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He was advertised as a great power control champ but he's a horrible power control champ. Probably one of the worst power control champs in the game mainly because it's unreliable. It's handy but not really helpful. His level one does almost no damage with the power drain. His level two is his damage dealer. I was really let down due to my expectations. After putting those aside he's really fun to play with and he's a little tanky because of his regen. Not as complicated as some warn but does take a little getting used to. I wouldn't use a generic gem but if you have a tech one without any tech champs to use it on...maybe. Honestly to me his usefulness is just above average but probably more fun than most. He'll probably just be arena foder for me.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    JZ734 wrote: »
    His specials aren't supposed to proc everything all the time. How can sp3, which is an unblockable cutscene, not hit properly?

Right now his special 2 doesn't connect properly after a medium. The special 3 on the other hand is having issues where sometimes it wont proc anything at all (which is very unlikely considering it can proc like 4 different things, plus another 4 different things if he's awakened).

Brian Grant had this issue in the middle of testing him where he popped the special 3 and nothing happened.

Having said that he's still a good character with a lot of utility. I like him even if he could use a damage boost.
  • Options
    JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    JZ734 wrote: »

Right now his special 2 doesn't connect properly after a medium. The special 3 on the other hand is having issues where sometimes it wont proc anything at all (which is very unlikely considering it can proc like 4 different things, plus another 4 different things if he's awakened).

Brian Grant had this issue in the middle of testing him where he popped the special 3 and nothing happened.

Having said that he's still a good character with a lot of utility. I like him even if he could use a damage boost.

I myself haven't had any issues with his sp2 connecting, but I also haven't used him very much.
    His sp3 has a 40% chance to activate each affect and whatever the chance is to active super bomb, so not proc'ing any of them can and will happen
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I have no problem landing a special 2 but don't try after a 5 hit combo either. To me it seems like the designed an awesome champ then decided he was to good and reduced his abilities to where his just meh..I can't really think of a good use for him. Whatever he does someone else does better except for maybe applying weakness. His is very strong.
  • Options
    ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Well first it's a man. Second he's bugged and third he's gonna take some time to get used to. So no not at the moment, he's not good. Maybe when he's not bugged.

Did you just assume their gender?!