**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Leadership Problem

Ya_Boi_28Ya_Boi_28 Posts: 3,050 ★★★★★
I started off in an alliance a while back, but the leader was very inactive. My alliance friend convinced me to start my own alliance, so that's what I did. However, I've had a lot of problems with this alliance. I always find myself having to kick people out and few people join alliance events. I would love to run 3 BG's in AQ and AW but our alliance can barely handle 2. I find myself wanting to leave and join a better alliance, but I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not. What should I do?

Comments

• VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★
    In this exact situation... constantly having to kick people no one accepts friend requests so I can talk to them about joining our alliance, Not enough people contributing in AW AQ. I hate being leader but I cant just leave them. I'd probably discuss promoting someone to leader with the alliance and leaving or formally dispersing the alliance
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's tough. There are a few options. You can either open it up and spend time weeding out the ones that don't fit. You can also do some searching on here and in other avenues like Line to find people with common goals. Starting an Ally can be hard, but I would suggest sticking with it instead of starting a new one.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    why dont the two people here in the same situation, merge their alliances combining only the active people and getting rid of the others.
  • I was in a similar situation. I was given an alliance out of being the best of the worst options because the leader was overwhelmed. I did my best but the balance between laid back and hey we need to progress is a pain. I wanted to do harder bgs but then we wouldn't finish due to lack of participation. I moved it to easy maps for completion and people wouldn't do it because they want to be challenged. I almost rage kicked the whole ally so that I could get fresh people that wanted to participate in. I ended up doing the same thing that happened to me but joined a friends ally as a member and this ship runs smooth. I am still in the other chats though and feel bad as the issues is still the same.
  • I made my intentions clear, but my announcement probably was short notice. I would not follow that route though, I'd let them know and find a successor if this is the route you wanna go.
  • Whatever you decide to do, good luck. Running an alliance is hard and can definitely make this game less fun. So if you need to step back then do what will make this game more enjoyable.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Leading an alliance isn’t an easy thing, nor a quick thing to grasp.

You need 29 other members all on the same page, and even that is tricky.

Some won’t want war; some won’t want map 4/5/6/7, whatever level you are.

Some will want 2bg war; some won’t want big donations.

Start with a goal to just get a solid 10, who are there for the ride, and won’t bail out while you are building.

Once you get 10, everyone is in agreement, it’s easier to get others in, they will know the goals and all that before joining.

I wouldn’t like to run an ally, it’s too time confusing and too much effort.

But good luck to you!

• Nobody has ever run a successful alliance without help. Take your top players that are willing to play and make them officers. If you have officers that aren’t doing anything to help you, demote them (but explain why). After you get your core team, delegate who will do what (recruit, recruit,recruit/strategize/direct/monitor activity) and that way nobody (especially yourself) gets overwhelmed and frustrated. Also, it’s good to have a private room to vent all your frustration to each other... it WILL BE NEEDED. It may take a while but eventually recruits will come in, find a home, and want to grow with you. Those are the guys you will take pride in eventually, the ones that started when you were struggling and are hanging with you when you are a strong alliance. Heck, one may even become a CCP member and take over for you one day. Best of luck dude.