**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Class based legends run

Not all champs are created equal and if you don't have a 5* gwenpool or iron fist you are at a disadvantage in a legends run. Perhaps some consideration on a class based placement should be given? 15-20 titles for each class? Maybe some work for Kabam because they would have to calculate what champ you used the most but the data is there and for a top 100 competition makes more sense to level the playing field so more players can compete

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    All classes have 1 champ that is leagues above for legends and are already being used. Hulk, gwenpool, drax, iron fist, storm and starlord are champs from every class that have been and are used as 5 stars to complete legends runs. Making class specific runs wouldn't change anything cause it wouldn't really change the champs used or increase the variety of champs that are capable of doing legends runs since those 6 are already and will be so dominant
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Collecting champions is one of the main goals in this game. You need to get the best champion to do specific things.
    The legend run program is fine as it is now. The only change they need to do is one that let's android user's participate
  • SkylordSkylord Posts: 138
    Sungj wrote: »
    All classes have 1 champ that is leagues above for legends and are already being used. Hulk, gwenpool, drax, iron fist, storm and starlord are champs from every class that have been and are used as 5 stars to complete legends runs. Making class specific runs wouldn't change anything cause it wouldn't really change the champs used or increase the variety of champs that are capable of doing legends runs since those 6 are already and will be so dominant

I take you probably have only one or two of those champs and can't name someone who has obtained legends title with each class, there is no competing against the best champs so if you didn't get the luck of the draw and have them then you can be a better skilled player and not get the title. It's flawed
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Collecting champions is one of the main goals in this game. You need to get the best champion to do specific things.
    The legend run program is fine as it is now. The only change they need to do is one that let's android user's participate

So says the dude who struck it lucky and has a 5* Gwen pool
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    edited August 2017
    Skylord wrote: »
    Not all champs are created equal and if you don't have a 5* gwenpool or iron fist you are at a disadvantage in a legends run. Perhaps some consideration on a class based placement should be given? 15-20 titles for each class? Maybe some work for Kabam because they would have to calculate what champ you used the most but the data is there and for a top 100 competition makes more sense to level the playing field so more players can compete

It doesn't really make sense to me. Mostly because everyone has their own opinion on how to "level the playing field" that makes this fairly arbitrary. I actually think the people who assert that platforms grant advantages to legends runs have a better case to be made. So we'd be looking at making an iOS Mutant legends board, an Android Mutants legends board, an iOS Tech legends board, and so on. Twelve legends boards.

And even if Kabam thought this was a good idea, you're making the completely unwarranted assumption that they would want to give out more titles and rewards. I think it is more likely they would round down, not upward or even allow far more rewards. I think your suggestion would garner substantially less support if instead of 100 legends titles and rewards in an open field it was eight legends titles and rewards in each of twelve subdivisions.

Of all the ways to create subdivisions, I think class is low on the list of reasonable ones. I think dividing by champion rank would be much more interesting. 3* 4* and 5* subdivisions are more interesting to me than class subdivisions. If we subdivide by OS and hardware generation and star rating and class we'd be giving out one legend title per subdivision.

Over and above all of this, the root idea of "leveling the playing field" seems inconsistent to me in a game whose fundamental design principles revolve around rewarding players who gain higher and stronger champions with better performance in every other area of the game. In other words, the players who have an advantage over you in a particular part of the game are generally intended to have that advantage, because they have what you don't have. If your definition of fair is that everyone should have the same opportunity to succeed equally regardless of the luck or quantity in their roster, this game is explicitly intended to be unfair in that sense.

Pretty much *all* competitions are fair only in some specific defined areas, and "unfair" in all other areas where competitors are allowed to seek and press home advantages over their competition. In MCOC, roster is an area where competitors are allowed to seek and press home an advantage over their competition.

So says the dude who struck it lucky and has a 5* Gwen pool

So what? Is not like if I would ever do a legend run ... Is impossible on android
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    You listed certain champs but gp is not needed I only tried legend run once with black panther took 10th place in gotg event. You can do it with a bunch of champs. All that needs to be fixed is the Apple only aspect of it. I'm on Android and had to meet up with a buddy to borrow his phone just to do it. Pretty stupid in the scheme of things. Skill based is impossible to monitor. Time already shows skill because every death costs you time. What needs to happen is instead if 100 apple users compete it needs to change to 50 apple 50 Android. More competitive same amount of titles and everyone has a chance.
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    You listed certain champs but gp is not needed I only tried legend run once with black panther took 10th place in gotg event. You can do it with a bunch of champs. All that needs to be fixed is the Apple only aspect of it. I'm on Android and had to meet up with a buddy to borrow his phone just to do it. Pretty stupid in the scheme of things. Skill based is impossible to monitor. Time already shows skill because every death costs you time. What needs to happen is instead if 100 apple users compete it needs to change to 50 apple 50 Android. More competitive same amount of titles and everyone has a chance.

Some people don't even participate in a legend run because they don't have the champs, that seems like a flawed system to me. The android problem is an obvious one, let's focus on player skill vs luck of the draw, in my mind BP is nearly same as GP
    edited August 2017
    Just checked websligner challenge sampled 6 random legends all gwenpool, hmmm
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    It's not so much a Champ-based challenge as it is a Time Trial. The basic requirement is a Roster capable of finishing Heroic and Master. The real challenge to it is finishing in the appropriate amount of time. It's a race. Which basically means having enough Resources saved to run constantly, and having a device that is adequate. I have yet to use Apple with the game, but I have an iPad that I'm getting repaired soon. I gather from feedback that load times are less. It also depends on a constant Internet connection, server cooperation, etc. Many factors. Unless there is a specific Champ that is the only one capable of finishing the Quest, which I have yet to see only one, then the Champs don't play much of a part generally.

So what? Gwenpool is good in this challenge, kills fast and has class advantage in the majority of the fights.
    You need to evolve, get crystals, get champions and rank those champions in order to use them in harder content. Some champions are better doing this and that than others.

So what? Gwenpool is good in this challenge, kills fast and has class advantage in the majority of the fights.
    You need to evolve, get crystals, get champions and rank those champions in order to use them in harder content. Some champions are better doing this and that than others.

Legend challenge up, if you don't have GP need not apply sorry
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

Lots of champions can do legends runs besides gwenpool she just happened to be perfectly suited for the latest legends event. Hulk, starlord, drax, iron fist, storm, BP, x-23, guillotine,rocket raccon and cyclops are all capable of doing a legends run in the hands of the right player

Web-Slinger was possible without GP. For that matter, there are maybe 3 a year or so. The rest are Monthly Quests, which really don't depend on one specific Champ.

Web-Slinger was possible without GP. For that matter, there are maybe 3 a year or so. The rest are Monthly Quests, which really don't depend on one specific Champ.

Agreed, but I'm starting to see the same ppl run legends over and over and it's really not a level playing field, IMHO, web slinger was a lopsided event the monthly maybe not as much.

Class specific titles would guarantee some diversity, whereas now it's a sausage I mean gwenpool fest lol

If you do the work and skim the hall of legends and do a player search please tell me how many times it took before you got a non-GP profile.

Agreed, but I'm starting to see the same ppl run legends over and over and it's really not a level playing field, IMHO, web slinger was a lopsided event the monthly maybe not as much.

Class specific titles would guarantee some diversity, whereas now it's a sausage I mean gwenpool fest lol

Well, to be fair, I somewhat agree about the repeats. As I saw from a comment made by the Mod, there's a Leaderboard for Legends, so I understand why they are running more than once. I would prefer if the metrics removed them from the 100 slots open for new people to run for it, and it only counted on a separate Leaderboard. That would allow people a chance to obtain the Tag, as opposed to competing with those that have experience running it over and over. That's just my opinion. I'm not sure Class-specific would suffice because you run 5 Champs per Quest.

Well, to be fair, I somewhat agree about the repeats. As I saw from a comment made by the Mod, there's a Leaderboard for Legends, so I understand why they are running more than once. I would prefer if the metrics removed them from the 100 slots open for new people to run for it, and it only counted on a separate Leaderboard. That would allow people a chance to obtain the Tag, as opposed to competing with those that have experience running it over and over. That's just my opinion. I'm not sure Class-specific would suffice because you run 5 Champs per Quest.

That's a good idea but it takes away from the presitige id imagine, class specific would be difficult because it would be percentage based, i.e. Of the 5 champ you used which one was used most, difficult and probably too much for Kabam to handle but I think the system is somewhat broken, but then again so is everything else

That's a good idea but it takes away from the presitige id imagine, class specific would be difficult because it would be percentage based, i.e. Of the 5 champ you used which one was used most, difficult and probably too much for Kabam to handle but I think the system is somewhat broken, but then again so is everything else

I don't think it would take away from anything. It would count on a separate Leaderboard once people have already attained the Tag. Legends would compete with Legends, and Players would compete for the Tag and the chance to compete with Legends.

I don't think it would take away from anything. It would count on a separate Leaderboard once people have already attained the Tag. Legends would compete with Legends, and Players would compete for the Tag and the chance to compete with Legends.

I could get behind that, I've already wasted 4 odins on past runs and I have the top champs including hulk and SL, and I'm still coming up short so I'd hate to waste more resources when I know he deck is stacked against me
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    The only thing that is stacked is iOS vs Android. Completely impossible for Android to get legend