**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Uncollected too easy, increase difficulty and rewards

2»

Comments

• ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I do see the OP's point, but don't necessarily agree that Uncollected needs to be harder. I think those are tuned to where they need to be.

I stuck my toe into Act 6, but haven't gone too deep. I am a solo player, so it takes me forever to get the resources needed for those rank-ups needed for that.

My point being: I think it's pretty obvious that the people who have the rosters and skill to already tear through that and the Variants need another monthly difficulty.

I understand the snark in asking them to do UC with lower rarities, but that misses the point: It's almost pointless to have a robust roster and serious skills if you have to wait months to flex that muscle.

I totally understand, as well, that Kabam can't offer every single thing to every player. But 6-stars have been out long enough where some of these high-end rosters have many of them, including dupes.

It's not ridiculous that they would be looking for something more in line with that than a difficulty level for 5.2.6
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★

My roster is pretty decent, 6 rank 5 champs, 11 6* champs and a bunch rank 4 champs....Uncollected is starting to become very easy for the same basic rewards. I think it’s time to increase the difficulty and rewards and my roster is just decent, I can only imagine how boring it is for a lot of players ridiculous roster.

Anyone else agree?

Your roster isn’t uncollected level, the difficulty is fine, you’ve just surpassed that level.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    ESF said:

It's not ridiculous that they would be looking for something more in line with that than a difficulty level for 5.2.6

I wouldn't say it is ridiculous, but it is unreasonable to assume that desire can consistently be satisfied. If we make a difficulty above UC with significantly higher rewards to match, it won't be long before the highest tier players outgrow that, because the very rewards you have to put into that difficulty level to make it "worth it" will force the issue.

The simple fact is, every player in the game progresses at a different natural rate, and the game cannot make content for the fastest players. Maybe Cav difficulty is something that is appropriate to happen, but it won't be because *some* people are looking for something more in line with their progress level, but rather because enough of them are that it is worth taking something away from someone else. Because we can't have an infinite number of difficulty levels: making a new one will eventually mean something else will have to give, either because there are too many tiers or because the reward curve will have to be adjusted.

But whether we add that tier or not, there will still be people asking for an even higher level with even higher rewards. And while it won't be ridiculous that they want it, it will be unreasonable for them to expect the entire game to bend to give it to them. Eventually the fastest players in the game have to settle for slowing down, or go find another game. That's a truism of the end game in every progressional game.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Ace_03 said:

Not all uncollected are the same level (I.E Nameless Thanos)

When they jack up the difficulty with another incredibly annoying boss or fight, don't be complaining. The difficulty ebbs and flows in Marvel: Contest of Champions, get over it.

Do we need a new difficulty? maybe yeah, but maybe have Cavalier for those who achieve it and Uncollected for those who haven't, just like with crystals.

Cause Uncollected AND Cavalier difficulties would be 6 different levels, which would be overkill IMO.

i wouldn't be happy with that. I'm cavalier but have a hard time doing uncollected some months. The last thing i want is to be forced to play a cavalier difficulty every month. I would probably just quit the game. I'm not cavalier because i'm skilled....but because i had over 500 of the 4 hour crystals stashed up at the time so i went for it and used up a bunch. I also don't have the roster to do the harder buffs that would come along with cavalier difficulty. I only have 4 5/65 players on my roster currently. as a one time thing to get cavalier i had no issues using up a ton of resources. that is not something i could substain on a monthly basis. and i'm certainly not going to spend money to get through a monthly quest i don't want. Yes i could just not play it but if its going to replace the UC quest I would lose out on rewards. I don't play on a high alliance so I only get resources from limited locations (I have no interest in playing on a high alliance. i play for fun i don't need the stress...i used to be on a higher alliance and sure i would get better rewards but i almost quit the game i didn't find it fun anymore).
    DNA3000 said:

ESF said:

I wouldn't say it is ridiculous, but it is unreasonable to assume that desire can consistently be satisfied. If we make a difficulty above UC with significantly higher rewards to match, it won't be long before the highest tier players outgrow that, because the very rewards you have to put into that difficulty level to make it "worth it" will force the issue.

The simple fact is, every player in the game progresses at a different natural rate, and the game cannot make content for the fastest players. Maybe Cav difficulty is something that is appropriate to happen, but it won't be because *some* people are looking for something more in line with their progress level, but rather because enough of them are that it is worth taking something away from someone else. Because we can't have an infinite number of difficulty levels: making a new one will eventually mean something else will have to give, either because there are too many tiers or because the reward curve will have to be adjusted.

But whether we add that tier or not, there will still be people asking for an even higher level with even higher rewards. And while it won't be ridiculous that they want it, it will be unreasonable for them to expect the entire game to bend to give it to them. Eventually the fastest players in the game have to settle for slowing down, or go find another game. That's a truism of the end game in every progressional game.
    While I don't disagree with what the fundamental concept of what you're saying, I guess where I land is this:

If the game had stopped at 5-star 5/65 rank, no 6-stars and Cavalier crystals sold, I would be more in line with what you're saying. Because I get it. I don't discount your experience in the industry, but I've been playing video games since Pong and Colecovision.

I don't discount the truth of your post, but at some point, with the advent of 6-stars and the structure of the game with Story Mode, EQs, Variants and Dungeons, it would seem to me, repeat me, that the content that you release every month is the one that scales to the product you are selling.

People are earning crystals by grinding/progressing. Some are paying. At some point, the game ends and as you are noting, we'll all have to find another game. We'll all be left holding the proverbial bag, then.

But I don't think, repeat think, that the players that we're talking about -- the leaderboards have, what, dozens of people with PIs over 1.5 million -- are such a minority that with the rosters they've accumulated, with two characters released each month through grinding and crystals for sale, that one more difficulty level should be a dealbreaker for those players at the high end of the spectrum

@DNA3000 : Like I said, I do get that at some point, Kabam can't be all things for all people. There has to be a ceiling, and I've played more than enough games to know that all games have them.

My personal opinion is that we're simply not there yet, with how the business of this game is being done
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    Just became uncollected so difficulty is still at the challenging point for me so hopefully it doesn’t get harder.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    I never understood why people b**** about difficulty..you would think they would enjoy the difficulty break..what's easy for some isn't for others and if you want a challenge after finishing UC ..do cavalier events

Just became uncollected so difficulty is still at the challenging point for me so hopefully it doesn’t get harder.

Congratulations -- I still think that's an underrated achievement. While some characters released in the last year or so are definitely more capable of lighting this content on fire, there's still a skill component and roster flexibility required to get to the Collector and get him down
    ESF said:

If the game had stopped at 5-star 5/65 rank, no 6-stars and Cavalier crystals sold, I would be more in line with what you're saying.

That would only have happened if the game shut down. The game is never going to stop at any tier of advancement. There will always be the stuff easy to get, the stuff hard to get and the stuff extremely hard to get. The only way they could have even pretended to stop at 5* champs if if they were still so rare that almost all of us were still getting one every four months or so.

The day they say this is the top tier of the game, everyone else catch up, is the day the game goes into maintenance mode and then slowly dies. As long as the developers think the game still as life, they are still going to be making higher tiers for the game.

And because they are going to keep making higher progress tiers, they are also going to be soft-capping the highest tiers in lots of ways, slowing the very top down so they cannot simply run away from the middle of the game. That's explicitly why it is so difficult to rank 3 6* champs at the moment. 6* champs might be the future, but in almost all other respects they are inferior to 5* champs: they are harder to get, harder to awaken, harder to sig up, harder to rank up. They are an effort sink for the highest tier players that burns up their time and effort without giving them too much higher real performance. That's how they can simultaneously give the top tier players something to do *and* give the next tier below a chance to catch up a little in performance, so that the group as a whole becomes "dense enough" to target with content.
    DNA3000 said:

ESF said:

If the game had stopped at 5-star 5/65 rank, no 6-stars and Cavalier crystals sold, I would be more in line with what you're saying.

That would only have happened if the game shut down. The game is never going to stop at any tier of advancement. There will always be the stuff easy to get, the stuff hard to get and the stuff extremely hard to get. The only way they could have even pretended to stop at 5* champs if if they were still so rare that almost all of us were still getting one every four months or so.

The day they say this is the top tier of the game, everyone else catch up, is the day the game goes into maintenance mode and then slowly dies. As long as the developers think the game still as life, they are still going to be making higher tiers for the game.

And because they are going to keep making higher progress tiers, they are also going to be soft-capping the highest tiers in lots of ways, slowing the very top down so they cannot simply run away from the middle of the game. That's explicitly why it is so difficult to rank 3 6* champs at the moment. 6* champs might be the future, but in almost all other respects they are inferior to 5* champs: they are harder to get, harder to awaken, harder to sig up, harder to rank up. They are an effort sink for the highest tier players that burns up their time and effort without giving them too much higher real performance. That's how they can simultaneously give the top tier players something to do *and* give the next tier below a chance to catch up a little in performance, so that the group as a whole becomes "dense enough" to target with content.
    I totally get that. Obviously, Kabam feels that it hasn't reached that point yet, otherwise they would've done it.

But looking at the characters released in the last year...man, I don't know. Something's gonna have to give, here.

Feels like we're shifting metas, again. I pulled a 3-star Sunspot today. I have a 4/40 Namor and Captain Marvel Movie. A 5-star Havok.

If you've got those characters at 3/45 or higher...man, I don't know. I truly can't even fathom the content that's gonna slow these kinds of characters down
    My last comment needed to be reviewed? For what? By who? There was nothing in it controversial?
    ESF said:

@DNA3000 : Like I said, I do get that at some point, Kabam can't be all things for all people. There has to be a ceiling, and I've played more than enough games to know that all games have them.

My personal opinion is that we're simply not there yet, with how the business of this game is being done

Actually, I don't think there is a ceiling, or at least Kabam and every other game operator hopes there isn't. The problem is as the players spread out from level 1 to the current top tier players and beyond, it becomes harder to target the players with content. They get "thin" as they smear out over the entire range of the game.

So you simultaneously see Kabam doing two things: they are trying to slow down the very top with things like the Act 6 gates. And you're also seeing them try to speed up the very bottom with enhanced calendar and progress rewards. The idea is to "slide" the difficulty range over to the right, so they need less content in the lower game and can add more content at the higher game. I would not be surprised to see Kabam simultaneously add a Cav tier difficulty and either remove or combine two lower tiers of difficulty and shift around the other tiers to compensate. That would give them the "room" to add an upper tier of difficulty.

But that kind of thing takes time, not just time to make the game changes necessary, but also time to let the playerbase itself evolve into a shape that allows for it.
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    Its named as uncollected so people who are uncollected they must be able to do ot that's why they design that quest instead you should ask for cavalier quest
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

If you want more of a challenge, use 4 or 3 star champs.

That sounds great but at the end of the day I want to get it done. Not going to make it take longer to artificially increase the challenge. No units from uncollected so have to run other difficulties too. I agree with OP. We need a new hardest level.
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    I agree too easy
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★

• TX1600TX1600 Posts: 31
    R u serious mate? Increase difficulty? Why not ask for an extra quest or something else. Clearly you don’t care about other people but yourself, half the player base can’t finish epic yet, and u want to increase difficulty? Wow mate, just wow.
  • LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Posts: 170
    I’m not Cavalier yet , or even elders bane. But recent months have been extremely easy even though I’ve only got one rank 4 five star. Excluding Endgame Thanos. I would like a Cavalier Difficulty , so when I get cavalier it will be a good challenge