**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What were things like pre 12.0

2»

Comments

• JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★

Can you imagine that with this update they not only nerfed the Gods of that time. But freaking Iron fist. Rocket and ultron got a nerf aswell. Think about that for a second

I remember when they nerfed Magneto’s double bleed on his L1! They made a bad champ a horrible champ lol

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

Can you imagine that with this update they not only nerfed the Gods of that time. But freaking Iron fist. Rocket and ultron got a nerf aswell. Think about that for a second

I remember when they nerfed Magneto’s double bleed on his L1! They made a bad champ a horrible champ lol

I never understood that nerf
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Zuro said:

I never understood that nerf
    but seeing his first hit is literally a punch and second hit a metal projectile then it was an necessary nerf as it was going by logic..... I know what I’m saying.... ghost rider is not incinerate immune
  • LCv2LCv2 Posts: 18

The 12.0 patch made some MAJOR changes to what was at the time a very clear meta within the game - as detailed above.

The problem was that this meta worked for those who HAD those champs at the sufficient level and playing with them was incredibly simple - especially SW.

The 12.0 changes made it much less clear as to what was "best" which thus resulted in many more viable ways of playing the game. The people who primarily hated the changes were those who relied on those god-like champions, completely ignoring how ridiculous the game was to ROFLstomp the entire game with them.

12.0 wasn't all positive changes of course - Doctor Strange was a great champ, but far from truly OP like SW as, and yet he suffered horrendously.

The real problem was that this was the move that created the massive chasm between the haves and have-nots. Those who had the powerhouse champs (like SW, Thor, etc...) had accomplished more than those who didn’t - solely because of those champs. Then that level of capability of accomplishment was removed from those who hadn’t been able to do so yet because they lacked the champions. Kabam created a chasm in the game. One that can only be crossed if you paid the bridge troll it’s money.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I remember the nerfs but wasn't affected by them because I didn't have a DS, Thor, or SW.

I think it was prior to the 12 nerf that they tamped down willpower, which I was grateful for. As a newer player, I was getting creamed in arena because the regeneration was way too powerful that I couldn't use certain champs (i.e. Cap, IF, or Antman). That was a good change IMO.

Perfect block teams existed but again, I didn't have any of them at the time. They also made it so you needed the right champs instead of skill.

The only big change for me was their nerf of BW, who I did have at the time. Her Sp2 used to hit like a truck and she could reduce AA to zero. I miss that and honestly, wasn't worth the change IMO. She wasn't as OP as the others

I appreciate their want to try to even out the playing field, but now all those champs who were nerfed then are almost obsolete now compared to options more OP back then.

So it was a totally different game. It rewarded the right champs more instead of skill, which I'm glad they changed.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    They had amazing unit deals.

Like Black Panthers Treasure x3 = 4,350 units for $49.99usd
    Or a Tony Stark briefcase x 3 or 4 for the list price.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    MikeHock said:

They had amazing unit deals.

Like Black Panthers Treasure x3 = 4,350 units for $49.99usd
    Or a Tony Stark briefcase x 3 or 4 for the list price.

Oh yeah I remember that. I always bought those kinds of deals back then
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    belli300 said:

Fjolnir said:

belli300 said:

Honestly the game couldn't progress in the state it was in. No damage block teams, willpower which made many champs unusable and gave people crazy healing every fight, etc. That doesn't mean Kabam didn't screw up a lot of things with the 12.0 update, but the game is actually better now. A lot of people don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

I will agree that’s the champ balancing made the game better but after 12.0 is when most of the bugs started showing up. Pre 12.0 gameplay was basically flawless as far as how things were intended to work. Parries didn’t mistime and lag was basically unheard of.
    There were tons of bugs and lag was worse than it is now.
    Must have been your device cause it was flawless for me and I’ve been playing since October 2015. Don’t get me wrong there were things like the willpower interaction that made arena almost impossible but I had no issues with lag and if there were a lot of bugs I hadn’t been around long enough to recognize them
    You only had to be on the forums to see people complaining about bugs and lag pre-12.0. The actual 12.0 update radically increased several kinds of bugs for a time because coincident with the 12.0 patch that changed a lot of game mechanics was an engine upgrade that wrecked a lot of meta-mechanics that sat on the engine, like Parry. But the game today has about the same number of complaints about bugs and lag as the game had prior to 12.0.