**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sunspot confirmed god tier by seatin.

2»

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He’s not strong enough for a nerf imo, he’s a solid champ but to get the big numbers there is some ramp up, and he is quite reliant on stun and incinerate
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

He’s not strong enough for a nerf imo, he’s a solid champ but to get the big numbers there is some ramp up, and he is quite reliant on stun and incinerate

This. To get big numbers there's quite a ramp up and you have to be able to stun and use long heavy attacks. Any limber or stun immune node is going to severely limit what sunspot can do, and we see a lot of limber and stun immune these days. Definitely not more overpowered than any of the other recent new champs.
  • OneAboveAll13OneAboveAll13 Posts: 190
    H
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Aryl said:

Well, since Seatin said it, it must be true.

Yeah it's just an opinion but of an experienced player, so it carries some weight.

Now if KT1 says it, I am sold without checking :D
    Did I missed the memo where Seatin became cool again?
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    Aryl said:

Haji_Saab said:

Aryl said:

Well, since Seatin said it, it must be true.

Yeah it's just an opinion but of an experienced player, so it carries some weight.

Now if KT1 says it, I am sold without checking :D
    Did I missed the memo where Seatin became cool again?
    What is that even supposed to mean lol
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Who cares what that British guy has to say
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    For the most part I still like Human Torch better. He's pretty weak in to many matchups at the moment but if Kabam fixes that he'll be the better of the two for me. He's capable of great damage and has better utility. Sunspot is very good, don't get me wrong, but I like more utility.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Personally I think kabam should not make any heroes weaker because people r spending real money to rank up these heroes as they are when released. If kabam wants to make a hero stronger then so be it.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    CeeJay said:

They don't necessarily need to "nerf" the OP champs' stats. They just need to introduce newer champs that can effectively counter those OP champs' abilities in the future.

mr sinnister maw etc
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Who cares what that British guy has to say

About 220,000 subscribers, I'm guessing.

I think it is important to keep in mind that everyone who speaks to an audience, from Seatin to me to the player who signed up yesterday should be judged based on the content of their expressions. And that judgment comes in roughly two parts. First, when anyone claims to be stating facts, they should be judged based on their accuracy. The more often they are right, the more credible they should be in general, and vice versa. No one knows everything, so all of us get at least some of our information from second hand sources. We have to judge how likely those sources are to be correct when we can't verify everything ourselves, and the only way to do that in general is by judging based on the things we can confirm or refute.

But when Seatin or anyone else posts an evaluation of a champion or makes a "tier list" of champions they aren't generally claiming to be stating facts, they are stating opinions. And when someone states an opinion, we need to both cut them some slack when being subjective, while also seeing if we understand why they make the subjective judgments they make. We're not supposed to just believe a champ is "god-tier" because Seatin says so, and I don't think Seatin ever claims anyone should. We're supposed to try to understand why he thinks a champion is god tier, and decide if we agree with that reasoning. If not, we may decide to take that same reasoning and alter it to suit our own opinions. Even when we disagree, those judgments can still be useful.

Like any other voice in the community, Seatin's voice is useful for those that choose to use it. And if someone chooses to assign Seatin high credibility when it comes to judging champions, well, that's their choice. The only thing they have to realize is that this is in fact a personal choice: everyone won't agree with it; Seatin isn't universally accepted as a good judge of champions. I can't think of anyone that is both generally recognized as a good judge of champions AND posts rankings of champions. Which may not be a coincidence.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    doctorb said:

Personally I think kabam should not make any heroes weaker because people r spending real money to rank up these heroes as they are when released. If kabam wants to make a hero stronger then so be it.

This is an honestly silly statement. I hear it a lot in every game I've played. So here's the thing: I could agree to honor that rule in game design, and simply decide that whenever something was too powerful, I would just buff everything else. Every other champ, every other minion, every other NPC boss; everything.

Buffs and nerfs are two sides of the same coin, because all performance is relative. Buffing an underperforming champ increases their strength relative to all others. That's no different than nerfing every other champ to reduce them to the same level. It is just that one of those two operations tends to take more work to generate the same result.

And you can't say this is just a semantic thing either, because I see players resort to this all the time when it serves their personal agenda. How long ago was it that people were saying that introducing new champions that were bleed immune or that were not tagged as villains even though they were "supposed to be" was basically a nerf on Blade? The "buff, not nerf" thing has no integrity to it, because everything players don't like is a nerf, even when it is a buff. You can call anything a buff or a nerf, and players often pick whichever one they want to portray anything any way they want.