**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Masochism on Warlock

SzaboIVSzaboIV Posts: 4
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Greetings,
Let me start off by saying I love this game and it is my favorite game out of any other. I have been playing for years, and I am an UC with champs all below 7k pi most of my best are actually below 6k pi. Now considering that I only used a few team revs on my first run a couple months ago to defeat the Collector, I would like to think of myself as a fairly skillful summomer. I have been doing the Emancipation quest for nearly 16 hours straight after about a week break from it and its the same thing that gets me: Masochism on Warlock. He already has some very powerful nodes on him that I think the implementation of masochism is just overkill. Combined with the "true"-shock and "true"-armor break and the passive degen that goes along with both of those (just some of his normal abilities), and the power gain from the immunity debuffs, and the other nodes which make him difficult to fight regardless of the masochism, I understand its UC Quest its meant to be difficult. Now; I realize for some of the UC Summoner's that are closer to Cavalier and the Cavaliers, it may not be that big of a challenge, but for me and my champs the masochism node makes it even more difficult and I might even say unfun. On top of all the other nodes and abilities he already has I don't think that the masochism node is a necessity.
Thank you for your time.
What are your thoughts?

Comments

• I have the Sabertooth and Killmonger synergy so masochism isn't an issue. For me it is making it to warlock with my ST in tact and with charges. I have been running this one over and over again and the nodes on the champs to get to the boss are destroying me. Had to take a break now and unit farm.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Stop trying to parry him if you dont have a way around masochism, just go with the bait heavy so you dont trigger it. His heavy is very easy to avoid.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Stop trying to parry him if you dont have a way around masochism, just go with the bait heavy so you dont trigger it. His heavy is very easy to avoid.

Agree try to intercept him and push him to a sp2, which is easy to dodge.
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    Take out party mastery just for fight and put back after so you not trigger
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Venom the duck has a degen that when put on warlock, it didn’t trigger masochism which surprised me. He’s a great option if you get fury, regen, and power gain.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Venom the duck has a degen that when put on warlock, it didn’t trigger masochism which surprised me. He’s a great option if you get fury, regen, and power gain.

His degen is passive so it bypasses things like this
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Masochism is never fun to fight. The bubble shield makes it worse so you really need to practice your intercept game. Dont get discouraged if you are struggling with him. He is a new champ with some very strange animations. Focus on master and heroic against him and get used to intercepting his dash attacks. Once you are confident in the lower tiers with intercepting him come back to uncollected. I have a pretty deep roster and I still find myself using this method with new uncollected bosses