**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

She-hulk

Comments

• Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

I would encourage anyone who is reporting "no issue experienced" to include how recently they tested it and how many times they tested it. It only fails sometimes.. but before it never failed.

Use her daily on sinister quest r4 and other quest
    Use my 3* for some LOL fun and never failed
    Some footage taken from today would be quite helpful, though it's obviously easier to document a failure of her heavy to connect than a successful use of it. As it does not fail every time. Only sometimes. Which means one would have to decide how many successful attempts in a row counts as "not failing".
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/xxGpid_ENOE
    Did different combos
    MLH
    MLLH
    MLLLH
    and standard heavy stand up interception

That's the same timing I do my heavy yet I get punished
  • Options
    Try against The Champion then? Here is a duel. As I said, it does not occur every time. What I can tell you, is against the 6.2 Champion, it would fail almost immediately.. in the first few attempts. In this duel, it takes quite some time for it to occur. I would guess it's based on the increased tuning of the 6.2 version's AI.

https://youtu.be/h0Lyz7A14y8
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

Yes, opponent against wall to prevent them from dodging back.
    They do not have a bar of power.
    Not ending combo.

https://youtu.be/Cb6G5rowGGA

That’s not normal.
  • Options
  • Options
    Anyhow, I'm not sure what the difference is and why we are having a different experience using her. No idea if it's a platform thing or what, but all I know is that with this same device, on Android, I too had a 100% success rate landing her heavies before the last updates. And, what made it so alarming, is I had just maxed her out only to find she wasn't performing as she was before I invested in her. My theory is that this is somehow tied to the same fight mechanics that led/lead to block hit strings being interrupted by a special and the like, which have have been reported for some time now. It's just a theory though.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I hope we don't have any answer yet only because of it's weekend. And never happened to me before I updated the game recently. Also I'm using Android, if it matters
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Anyhow, I'm not sure what the difference is and why we are having a different experience using her. No idea if it's a platform thing or what, but all I know is that with this same device, on Android, I too had a 100% success rate landing her heavies before the last updates. And, what made it so alarming, is I had just maxed her out only to find she wasn't performing as she was before I invested in her. My theory is that this is somehow tied to the same fight mechanics that led/lead to block hit strings being interrupted by a special and the like, which have have been reported for some time now. It's just a theory though.

I can tell you that last heavy in your video charged longer than you other heavies.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Lormif said:

I can tell you that last heavy in your video charged longer than you other heavies.
    I can't really say with certainty. However, the fact is, that I literally had zero difficulty landing the heavies before. Now, I've tested it over and over in different encounters today and still getting the same result. If in fact my timing or inputs being off was the cause of it, wouldn't that have occured just as often in the past (before the update)? It's a marked difference. I've gone from never failing to land it, to failing about 20-40% of the time (based on the difficulty of the encounter). All is to say, I'm the same player I was back when it was reliable for me. Same skill level, same experience in the game. I haven't had an injury or a stroke or anything that would change my play style this drastically:)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I just watched it back a couple times to see. I can't really say I agree on the difference in charge time. What I notice most is he throws a light attack.. instantly, on the failed heavy attempt. On the successful ones, he appears to attempt to block. Which would indicate that had he chosen to immediately fire a light.. that one would have failed as well. Which leads me to believe that the AI now has the recovery speed with which to counter her heavy attack. It just depends what decision it makes for it's input as to the outcome of the encounter.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

I can't really say with certainty. However, the fact is, that I literally had zero difficulty landing the heavies before. Now, I've tested it over and over in different encounters today and still getting the same result. If in fact my timing or inputs being off was the cause of it, wouldn't that have occured just as often in the past (before the update)? It's a marked difference. I've gone from never failing to land it, to failing about 20-40% of the time (based on the difficulty of the encounter). All is to say, I'm the same player I was back when it was reliable for me. Same skill level, same experience in the game. I haven't had an injury or a stroke or anything that would change my play style this drastically:)
    not necessarily. it is a twitch based behavior, muscle memory will get you so far, but those things are easy for timing to get off. I went in after testing the charge/evade on the champ to the point I was perfect, I went in to fight him a week later and I was off and died several times because of it. I am not saying something did or did not change, just making the observation from looking at the video.
  • Options
    Ok, I appreciate the feedback, thank you.
  • Options
    I just tried oml, who has similar heavy timing, and he works just fine, killed ws with him (and mine is only r3, so took a lot of time. Also almost didn't use any special). So I'd say my skill is okay and so is device. If there was some change, would appreciate any mod confirmation. If they both shouldn't be able to land their heavy reliably, would prefer to know it before I r5 a champ whos moves can be altered
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    I just used She-Hulk to complete 6.2.6. While user error accounted for my KOs, a non-functioning heavy never did. In fact, I never once missed a heavy ending a 3 or 4 hit combo—and I’m a new She-Hulk user at that.

Used iPhone XS with current iOS on WiFi.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

I just used She-Hulk to complete 6.2.6. While user error accounted for my KOs, a non-functioning heavy never did. In fact, I never once missed a heavy ending a 3 or 4 hit combo—and I’m a new She-Hulk user at that.

Dr. Zola

Yes, it's nothing difficult. Yet happens to me constantly. I'm glad you're doing fine, but unfortunately some of us do face this issue
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Is that a “Disagree” with my summary of my 6.2.6 experience? A “Disagree” that I’m a new She-Hulk user or that my KOs resulted from user error? A “Disagree” that I never missed a heavy end to my combos? Or perhaps a “Disagree” that I used her to complete 6.2.6? Or perhaps someone knows something about my connection and device that I don’t?

Just trying to clarify for the benefit of the forums users... B)

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Also just tried friend's phone - there shehulk works perfect. So it's device specific
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Aleor said:

Also just tried friend's phone - there shehulk works perfect. So it's device specific

That’s unfortunate and truly shouldn’t happen. I struggle with heavy-dex Quake because my device/connection seems to lag ever so slightly. Not a lot I can do about it. But it’s shoddy that the game performs significantly differently on different brand devices.

Dr. Zola
  • Options

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Is that a “Disagree” with my summary of my 6.2.6 experience? A “Disagree” that I’m a new She-Hulk user or that my KOs resulted from user error? A “Disagree” that I never missed a heavy end to my combos? Or perhaps a “Disagree” that I used her to complete 6.2.6? Or perhaps someone knows something about my connection and device that I don’t?

Dr. Zola
    Don’t worry bud
    People will disagree with anything take it from me, I have a disagree troll that follows me
    Same—it’s the new Flag button.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Looks like a timing issue (or device issue, if user input is spot on). I’ve seen this a couple times.

Once testing out Lady Thor in LoL. Went for the heavy and she nailed me.

Once in war vs the thing. Went into a heavy and he smacked me.

Neither times was my device seem to be running slower then usual. But alas it looks to be a timing issues of inputs. But that being said, no where does it say her heavy can do what it is doing. It’s suppose to work like that if the defender is unstoppable yes. But I don’t believe the intent was for it to work as such on all champions.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    I believe this falls into the category of you don't sound like you're on my side so I disagree with your physical existence in this plane of reality.

Either that, or Christopher Pike is browsing the internet again.
  • Options
    Jaded said:

Looks like a timing issue (or device issue, if user input is spot on). I’ve seen this a couple times.

Neither times was my device seem to be running slower then usual. But alas it looks to be a timing issues of inputs. But that being said, no where does it say her heavy can do what it is doing. It’s suppose to work like that if the defender is unstoppable yes. But I don’t believe the intent was for it to work as such on all champions.

When use heavy against unstoppable, shehulk is also kind of unstoppable. Like gulk. But yes, it's never said she could do that. Yet she could, so I'm a little frustrated now. Also don't see this happening on other device
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    DrZola said:

Used iPhone XS with current iOS on WiFi.

Dr. Zola

Right, thanks for the feedback! My next question for anyone who does not experience the issue is: Have you ever experienced the "my block hits were interrupted by a special.." issue that folks have complained about? It's only a theory, but I have a suspicion these two could be related. Both seem to fall under the category of the AI recovery time from being hit by a light attack (whether blocking or not). Both these issues occur while attacking with a light. She hulk's partial combo into heavy being punished and also having a block hit string interrupted by a special are both happening while using light attacks.

Device/platform may in fact have a bearing on the issue. That's part of what I'm trying to figure out.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I forgot to mention that I was/am one of the players who did experience the block hit issue. My sense is that it is not happening as much after the last update.. however I had no issues with she-hulk before the last update either... Maybe something was tweaked that helped the block hit issue but had its own new consequences..idk.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Jaded said:

Totally agree. Though I think we can all agree this unlisted ability is a large part of the reason that many in the community decided to invest in her and would now be quite disappointed as we find out this ability is no longer reliable due to what appears to be fight mechanic retuning whether intended or not.