**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Could you just show us the sig ability and not keep it secret?

X_Factor_AgentX_Factor_Agent Posts: 2,860 ★★★★★
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
We should be able to see a champions signature ability even unawakened. For example, an unduped champ. What you provide in the signature ability is completely useless. How are you supposed to know what it does? Look online you may say. Well some people don't have the mental capability do realize they can do that. Just change it.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    CFree said:

Lormif said:

We should be able to see a champions signature ability even unawakened. For example, an unduped champ. What you provide in the signature ability is completely useless. How are you supposed to know what it does? Look online you may say. Well some people don't have the mental capability do realize they can do that. Just change it.

Because people have shown they are not capable of distinguishing if it is active or not without something blocking it.
    You’re making stuff up. When have people shown that?
    There is one on the main page talking about his glaive immunity not preventing him from dieing, his CG was not even duped, imagine if he had it available as though it had been unlocked.
    Pennmabob said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

Because people have shown they are not capable of distinguishing if it is active or not without something blocking it.
    There is one on the main page talking about his glaive immunity not preventing him from dieing, his CG was not even duped, imagine if he had it available as though it had been unlocked.
    Great. You've just proved that even without providing the whole signature ability people still get mistaken. So what's the point in all of the information not being there?
    Because they get mistaken WAY less when you show them that X is locked and you get it when you dupe. There are other sources to get that information. Unlocking this would cause a ton more confusion and more of a headache for us on the forums who try to help people and the overall support load for something that as the OP even stated does not need to be done.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Pennmabob said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

Great. You've just proved that even without providing the whole signature ability people still get mistaken. So what's the point in all of the information not being there?
    Because they get mistaken WAY less when you show them that X is locked and you get it when you dupe. There are other sources to get that information. Unlocking this would cause a ton more confusion and more of a headache for us on the forums who try to help people and the overall support load for something that as the OP even stated does not need to be done.
    @Lormif I could be mistaken but when the game was originally released didn't they show sig ability and then had to hide it because of the confusion?
    Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Pennmabob said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

@Lormif I could be mistaken but when the game was originally released didn't they show sig ability and then had to hide it because of the confusion?
    Possible, I am not certian.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Again no reason to show the sig ability you can look it up in the champ spotlight or on multiple YouTube videos if people really want to know what an ability does. It definitely avoids confusion for new players
    Dshu said:

Again no reason to show the sig ability you can look it up in the champ spotlight or on multiple YouTube videos if people really want to know what an ability does. It definitely avoids confusion for new players

shoot or even look at a lower star champ, the info is everywhere. The lock lets people know it is locked.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Pennmabob said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

There were no signature abilities in the very beginning, but I don’t recall if they had to be blocked to avoid confusion when first released,
    Pennmabob said:

Lormif said:

Pennmabob said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

Who's to say they won't make it blatantly obvious that it isn't unlocked, like a big piece of writing saying it isn't unlocked and a read more to find out what the sig does?? And do you have any proof that ppl will get confused (just curious)?
    I have already pointed out a user...Do you have any proof users WONT get confused?

Also I dont speculate, not my job to read minds. I go by the data available.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Just use this https://auntm.ai/champions/ it's even better because you can see how the Stats get increased for every single Sig Level.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

Just use this https://auntm.ai/champions/ it's even better because you can see how the Stats get increased for every single Sig Level.

We should have to use that just to know a sig ability though it should already be in the game
    Like I hate checking to see if I have a specific 3 star champ duped so I can read the sig
    Lormif said:

Pennmabob said:

Lormif said:

Pennmabob said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

Who's to say they won't make it blatantly obvious that it isn't unlocked, like a big piece of writing saying it isn't unlocked and a read more to find out what the sig does?? And do you have any proof that ppl will get confused (just curious)?
    I have already pointed out a user...Do you have any proof users WONT get confused?

Also I dont speculate, not my job to read minds. I go by the data available.
    People are bound to get confused either way as you mentioned so why not add the feature it is literally hurting no one
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

We should have to use that just to know a sig ability though it should already be in the game
    What's the point though? The words would just be slightly different and the part of the Sig Ability that scales with your Level would have to be marked Blank. That website is the best thing we could ever get because of how detailed it is, it's easier to use too...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I don't get the point of knowing it if they're not Duped either way. It's not like you can use it.
    Stance said:

I don't get the point of knowing it if they're not Duped either way. It's not like you can use it.

Then you'll know if you really want to dupe them or not.

Just look at Angela, her dupe is not required and it would be a waste to dupe her.
    You always want to Dup Champs. Some don't rely on them as much, but I have yet to see a Champ I don't want Awakened. As for using Gems, people generally know what they want to Awaken. There's a wealth of info on them.

I'm sorry if no one told you this but there is something called awakening gems

Zuro said:

What's the point though? The words would just be slightly different and the part of the Sig Ability that scales with your Level would have to be marked Blank. That website is the best thing we could ever get because of how detailed it is, it's easier to use too...
    The point is it helps decided who you want to awaken and it's way faster than searching up a website
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I think showing the descriptions would help so ppl know who to rank up. Unless u have been playing a long time u might not even have a duped 3* version to read their ability. Some of the generic locked descriptions give some basic idea while others are just a vague sentence or two. If showing the description started today there may be some initial confusion but players will learn the feature just like any other feature of the game. A player shouldnt have to stop playing And go to an outside source just to find out the ability of a champion on their roster. Also if i get an awakening gem it would help to know the abilities BEFORE I use it so I can make the right decision on who to use it on. Just my two cents
    Stance said:

Stance said:

Then you'll know if you really want to dupe them or not.

Just look at Angela, her dupe is not required and it would be a waste to dupe her.
    You always want to Dup Champs. Some don't rely on them as much, but I have yet to see a Champ I don't want Awakened. As for using Gems, people generally know what they want to Awaken. There's a wealth of info on them.
    That means having to leave the game, go else where and do some research when the information should be available within the game.
    My God! What's the world coming to?
This discussion has been closed.