**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unstoppable,Unblockable,Indestructible,Regeneration

I always love a challenge but come on now , some these newer champs coming out make the older ones, look like they are way too underpowered, especially with the creation of 5* and 6* champs. From your Nick Fury,Korgs, IW Ironman,Thing, and Domino are most of the go to selected AW champs. Can we get other older champs rebuff modified to counter this common issue to be foreseen in upcoming AW?

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    And in some cases kabam has chosen to update the older champs through synergies with newer champs. Antman is an example. He has been reworked twice since release. They obviously don't want to revisit every champ multiple times so synergies are their solution. But not really...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

I always love a challenge but come on now , some these newer champs coming out make the older ones, look like they are way too underpowered, especially with the creation of 5* and 6* champs. From your Nick Fury,Korgs, IW Ironman,Thing, and Domino are most of the go to selected AW champs. Can we get other older champs rebuff modified to counter this common issue to be foreseen in upcoming AW?

It's like you posted this pretending to not know they are buffing older champs. I just don't get how anyone with access to the internet could be this behind on what's going on with the game.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It's symptomatic of a game that is always in development. When Star Lord et al. were released this was the pinnacle of Kabam's game development - far more simple, far fewer working parts - simply because they had not developed the more advanced coding/engine that champions such as Korg require with their interactions with blocks/mastery triggering etc.

If you look at what they're doing with some of the older champions you can see that they are slowly bringing them into line with some of the more advanced and for want of a better word 'technical' champions. Some, like Gamora they've sorted out with a very simple tweak or a significant synergy (Antman trinity), whilst others they have added new strings to their bow like She-Hulk's Slow/fury ramp up. I would imagine that it takes just as long to completely rework an old champion as it does to create a new one these days as the new champion doesn't come with a beta, but with their turnaround, I'd say you're looking at 2 weeks/champion, so Kabam need to find 2 weeks/champion worth of free time in their employees' day across a few months to put towards reworks.

With players having access to more powerful and advanced champions in game and generic beat-sticks like Corvus it is of no surprise that Kabam will look at ways to make Corvus less insanely overpowered without actually nerfing him, hence Mister Sinister and Ebony Maw's critical 'immunity'. The knock on effect is that the older and less powerful champions can fall by the wayside, but to give Kabam their due, they are actively rebalancing and reworking champions, and some of my favourite champions are these reworked champions - Venom/Luke Cage for example.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    That's the way p2w games work - people whale out to get the best champ to whale later when a better champ will be released. But yes, the gap with first champs and the latest is constantly increasing, so it would be nice to see some twicks buffing OLD champs on regular basis, not the NEW ones, like they're doing with ht and anuhilus
    This is how games work. It's progression and growth of the game itself. in fact it's how most things work. You wouldn't be playing this game on your phone 20 years ago.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

IMIW doesn't require special counters, he requires specific tactics. Ditto Korg. And a lot of different bleed champs do well against Thing in general: I tend to use Blade against him, an attacker that's been around for quite a while now.

Some newer champions are great on defense, but others are horrible on defense. That's just the way it goes. That's not a problem for the game to solve, that's a problem for you to solve.
    I thought you were to going to explain power-creep to OP. Because that is, I think, at the core of complaints like these.
    I think there's some power creep in the game (it is practically inevitable in games like this) but I think that the biggest issues on defense tend to be novelty, not power creep.

As attackers get stronger on average, they gain more interesting tools you can use against defenders. Things like true strike, novel burst damage effects, and indestructible effects all make it harder for defenders to stay alive against the players, so they evolve to get stronger defensive abilities. There's a certain element of power creep in here. But I think that measure-countermeasure thing isn't what's being complained about here: it is more that because defenders keep gaining novel defensive abilities it is harder to fight them without adapting your playstyle. You could say that Thing is a much stronger defender than average, but in my opinion IMIW isn't: he requires unconventional gameplay tactics to beat him, but he doesn't require anything special in terms of champion abilities to beat him. He doesn't need an ability countermeasure, just practice.

And that's less of a power creep thing in my opinion, and more of a novelty thing: in a game that keeps adding newer things, the players have to keep learning new skills, or the defenders will look like they get ridiculously difficult to kill.
  • Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
    DNA3000 said:

Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

IMIW doesn't require special counters, he requires specific tactics. Ditto Korg. And a lot of different bleed champs do well against Thing in general: I tend to use Blade against him, an attacker that's been around for quite a while now.

Some newer champions are great on defense, but others are horrible on defense. That's just the way it goes. That's not a problem for the game to solve, that's a problem for you to solve.
    I thought you were to going to explain power-creep to OP. Because that is, I think, at the core of complaints like these.
    I think there's some power creep in the game (it is practically inevitable in games like this) but I think that the biggest issues on defense tend to be novelty, not power creep.

As attackers get stronger on average, they gain more interesting tools you can use against defenders. Things like true strike, novel burst damage effects, and indestructible effects all make it harder for defenders to stay alive against the players, so they evolve to get stronger defensive abilities. There's a certain element of power creep in here. But I think that measure-countermeasure thing isn't what's being complained about here: it is more that because defenders keep gaining novel defensive abilities it is harder to fight them without adapting your playstyle. You could say that Thing is a much stronger defender than average, but in my opinion IMIW isn't: he requires unconventional gameplay tactics to beat him, but he doesn't require anything special in terms of champion abilities to beat him. He doesn't need an ability countermeasure, just practice.

And that's less of a power creep thing in my opinion, and more of a novelty thing: in a game that keeps adding newer things, the players have to keep learning new skills, or the defenders will look like they get ridiculously difficult to kill.
    Are you forgetting that Ironman Infinity War also have auto-block and uncannily cannot be parried, when his SP1 is unblockable ,which is another novel feature to a newer champion, as well as have a prolonged electric shock damage with that SP1. Where older champs like Mordo’s SP1,have a degeneration that only last millaseconds,unlike newer champs like Mr.Sinister degeneration last longer.
    edited August 2019
    We will not find older champs with a regeneration to the same likings like Nick Fury and Mr. Sinister who are newer champs with crazy regeneration, which should been Wolverine and Deadpool’s regeneration buff is quite slow.
    Why Korg have to be made, indestructible and unblockable buffs, whereas Juggernaut and UC only when awaken is only unstoppable.

It's like you posted this pretending to not know they are buffing older champs. I just don't get how anyone with access to the internet could be this behind on what's going on with the game.
    I have yet to see older champs getting (unblock-able,indestructible, buffed twice over regeneration, and auto-block),compared to the more newer champs. Surely you cannot make the debate that Nick Fury and Mr.Sinister’s healing factors being better then Wolverines,Blade,Dr.Voodoo and Deadpool regeneration.

• _I__I_ Posts: 306
    everytime I pull an old champ I feel like that when a new gen laptop /ph/ipad is in market, still the vendor insist that u buy the oldest outdated model to clear his old stocks. he really doesn't care that u want to walk with the current market scenario. he only wants his old stocks sold n recover his investment. he doesn't care if u need that model or it is unworthy of ur purchase.
    Kabam thinks that the old dinosaur aged champs still needs to be served at our plate. kabam feels oh the shards ur earning via quests/arenas we are giving u free of cost man so why should we give u newer ones? u can get newer ones only if u hand over ur bank act to us. be a whale or we sale u our stales. but time precious time invested while playing is equal to money too. so why should ppl buy with their time currency stupid useless toothless champions who looks like peeing in their pants in fear when challenged by the latest chamos like cull namor?? this is not rng. this is exploitation. deliberately causing scarcity of playable characters to force ppl to loosen their purse. fortunately I was never so addicted to feed kabam so much. Now I play only what is do-able n I swear I won't pay Kabam even a dime even if I dupe Vulture 2000 times!

I have yet to see older champs getting (unblock-able,indestructible, buffed twice over regeneration, and auto-block),compared to the more newer champs. Surely you cannot make the debate that Nick Fury and Mr.Sinister’s healing factors being better then Wolverines,Blade,Dr.Voodoo and Deadpool regeneration.

Thats not how buffs work. The champs that they have buffed so far wouldn't make any sense having those abilities added. They aren't just going to throw in any of those buffs and call it a day. That would be a complete redesign of a champion. Plus they are buffing the older champs to combat some of the new mechanics. Spider Gwen and She Hulk both counter Unstoppable buffs. Not sure what you'd expect to counter indestructible other than allowing it to be nullified.

I never said NF or Mr Sinister's healing abilities were better. Neither can heal back to 100% like Wolverine. In face Blade, Dr. Voodoo and Dealpool's regen is lesser compared to what Wolverine and X-23 can do.

They are going to buff the older champs as they've already done- Luke Cage, Venom, Carnage, Spider Gwen, She Hulk, Colossus, Old Man Logan, Red Hulk plus tweaks to Gamora and Sentry. These more extensive buffs to champs take a lot more time to do which is why they can't just toss abilities on them and call them fixed.

DNA3000 said:

Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

Are you forgetting that Ironman Infinity War also have auto-block and uncannily cannot be parried, when his SP1 is unblockable ,which is another novel feature to a newer champion, as well as have a prolonged electric shock damage with that SP1. Where older champs like Mordo’s SP1,have a degeneration that only last millaseconds,unlike newer champs like Mr.Sinister degeneration last longer.
    It must have slipped my mind. So if I tried to defeat IMIW with, say, something that has class disadvantage, has no true strike, and wasn't higher rank or had high damage it would be extremely difficult to beat him if I could beat him at all? Oh, and I couldn't really use block or parry during the fight? And if I could beat him it would have to be by using skills far above what the average player could reasonably expect to have?

Off the top of my head, Luke Cage was specifically buffed so that his indestructible phase refreshed: originally he only got to be indestructible once at the start of the fight. Carnage was updated so that when the target is bleeding his specials are unblockable. Venom's update made his special attacks unblockable when the opponent was below 18% health.
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★

Mister Sinisters and Nick Fury's regens aren't as good as Wolverines regen or Deadpools.
    They aren't even the same thing, Nick fury's regen is a one time use cheat death and after it happens he goes down back to 30%. And Mr. Sinisters regen can't works only on hits you take so it's great for defense but you aren't gonna see it too much when you use him on offense.
    Meanwhile Wolvie can regen fairly easy if you are aggressive enough.

P.s. I'm not saying Nick Fury and Mr Sinister are weak champions, just that their regen and Vtds, Wolvies etc. regen aren't the same thing.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

It must have slipped my mind. So if I tried to defeat IMIW with, say, something that has class disadvantage, has no true strike, and wasn't higher rank or had high damage it would be extremely difficult to beat him if I could beat him at all? Oh, and I couldn't really use block or parry during the fight? And if I could beat him it would have to be by using skills far above what the average player could reasonably expect to have?
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

Every champ can be beat with the right counter champion but for those who don’t have that counter measure champion for champs like Korg, Domino and Ironman IW can be a real nuisance even amplified in AW, whether they above skilled or average players, especially if their roster consist of mostly older champs and the lack of acquiring tier3 and tier4 catalysts to rank them up to be competitive.

Every champ can be beat with the right counter champion but for those who don’t have that counter measure champion for champs like Korg, Domino and Ironman IW can be a real nuisance even amplified in AW, whether they above skilled or average players, especially if their roster consist of mostly older champs and the lack of acquiring tier3 and tier4 catalysts to rank them up to be competitive.

So here's Rogue as a 4* fighting an awakened max sig 5/65 IMIW. Rogue has class disadvantage, no true strike or autoblocking counter, she's two ranks lower and one third the PI of IMIW, Parries IMIW in the fight and uses no tactic that a beginner wouldn't learn from Dork Lesson's channel. Also the fight has no clock but still finishes close enough to the three minute mark that if a clock actually existed the fight probably would have fit within a three minute AQ/AW window (I was honestly goofing off at the end).

Unless you're in a pretty high tier of AW, this is a worse situation than you're likely to run into most of the time, even factoring node buffs. By the time you're seeing nodes that make IMIW genuinely dangerous, you have way bigger threats than him to face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6I_cd_TNXU
    edited August 2019
    Ironman IW can be parried in 3vs3 duels but in AW and AQ highly unlikely, because the AI makes sure to SP1 (unblockable) the player trying to parry him, just like, his auto-block feature kicks in for himself,whenever a player is trying to use a heavy attack or a special attack against him. Making him, along with the likes of,Dominos and Korg, the current most placement selected defenders in AW and of course Killmonger with his unstoppable buff.
    edited August 2019
    There are plenty of YouTube channels, that have ranked the top 2019 AW best defenders, all the seasoned player broadcasters undoubtedly picking the same top 5 champs and that is no coincident. Killmonger, IronmanIW, ,Domino, and Thing, their explanations, being the exact same thing as this thread because of their features, even for their level of playing skill experience,(Unblockable,Autoblock,Unstoppable,Critical Failure,and Indestructible).
  • I was just battling a 4* Red Hulk during an AW, he had an unstoppable buffer and the node placement mentioned that he was on mentioned nothing about him being or becoming unstoppable.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If you were using someone like Stark Spidy, and he evaded, there is a mastery that triggers unstoppable
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Wubbie075 said:

It makes me sad every time I see Thing in action and I think "This is what Juggernaut SHOULD have been..."

Or even the hulk.
  • I was just battling a 4* Red Hulk during an AW, he had an unstoppable buffer and the node placement mentioned that he was on mentioned nothing about him being or becoming unstoppable.

Unfazed mastery