**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shift Alliance Quest Start Time

Not sure if this topic has ever been discussed, when the next iteration of Alliance Quest comes along can we start Alliance Quest at 9 am PDT instead. I know this seems odd at first but here is what happens.

Alliances with GMT(+) Members will get a bit of extra fun before they slumber.
In America / Canada it would be 1pm EST when content usually drops. It would allow the earlier timezones to slam a few nodes for when PDT / PST members join up at 12 am their time and slam 5 energy each and every day. Just a thought but a small timeshift may benefit all ;)

Comments

• Xyresic_LemonXyresic_Lemon Posts: 125
    I do get where you're coming from, but asking to shift entire start times just so that it's slightly more convenient for you is a bit selfish, especially since people in other countries are already benefiting from what you're asking for here. In order for you to gain the start times you're asking for, you have to take it away from those in other time zones.

Again, I get where you're coming from, but it really is a selfish thing to ask.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★

I do get where you're coming from, but asking to shift entire start times just so that it's slightly more convenient for you is a bit selfish, especially since people in other countries are already benefiting from what you're asking for here. In order for you to gain the start times you're asking for, you have to take it away from those in other time zones.

Huh? no if you shift it back two hours, then everyone still starts at the same time but two hours earlier. No one benefits from anything one over the other. However when AQ starts it's 3pm for me, my alliance mate who is in the UK it's 8pm for him. You move it back a few hours and all of a sudden it's 1pm for me and 6 pm for him. Small shift, all the world of difference.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★

Huh? no if you shift it back two hours, then everyone still starts at the same time but two hours earlier. No one benefits from anything one over the other. However when AQ starts it's 3pm for me, my alliance mate who is in the UK it's 8pm for him. You move it back a few hours and all of a sudden it's 1pm for me and 6 pm for him. Small shift, all the world of difference.
    What happens to the people in Australia who wakes up in the morning to clear last nodes ?? :)
  • Xyresic_LemonXyresic_Lemon Posts: 125

Sorry, I might have misunderstood. Did you mean just add two hours onto the overall time you have to complete the quest, instead of shifting the whole thing over? So it lasts two hours longer and starts earlier?

I thought that you meant to move the entire thing over two hours. Can you clarify?
    Prathap said:

What happens to the people in Australia who wakes up in the morning to clear last nodes ?? :)
    I have an Austrailian member in my alliance. Sadly some areas are still in the worst position. However We should be well completed before you Aussies go to bed.

Sorry, I might have misunderstood. Did you mean just add two hours onto the overall time you have to complete the quest, instead of shifting the whole thing over? So it lasts two hours longer and starts earlier?

I thought that you meant to move the entire thing over two hours. Can you clarify?
    No it is still 24 hours, and you shift it from the current time to two hours earlier. Still 24, but starts earlier.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Just because your map would be well completed early doesnt mean all alliances would. With maps 6 and 7 sometimes we need the full 24 hours
    Neotwism said:

Just because your map would be well completed early doesnt mean all alliances would. With maps 6 and 7 sometimes we need the full 24 hours

It's still 24 hours, it just starts 2 hours earlier. You start at 1pm EST / 3 pm PDT / 6 pm GMT and it ends 24 hours later, not 22..... shift the whole start back two hours and go for 24 hours. It's simple math....
    If Alliance Quest starts at 1pm EST you start off with 3 energy. By the time it is 11 pm if you go to bed at that time you will have used up roughly 3 plus the 10 more you get every hour. If things stay the same you start at 3pm EST with 3, you go to bed at 11 pm you then will have used 3 plus 8 energy you get ;) does everyone get it now? And say you wake up at 5 am, you've only lost one energy, but you've gained two already.....

Neotwism said:

It's still 24 hours, it just starts 2 hours earlier. You start at 1pm EST / 3 pm PDT / 6 pm GMT and it ends 24 hours later, not 22..... shift the whole start back two hours and go for 24 hours. It's simple math....
    If you need those 2 hours that badly., You can stay up late in the night right?? Instead of asking whole world to adjust !!??
    Prathap said:

Neotwism said:

If you need those 2 hours that badly., You can stay up late in the night right?? Instead of asking whole world to adjust !!??
    It's just an idea, thinking about people who are strapped for time obviously some alliances need a full 24 hours to finish map 6 and 7. Doing this allows them to start earlier and gain more energy. Not asking for more hours, however a small tweak like this gives everyone the same advantage of extra energy gained. As I stated above you gain two energy this way. However someone on the West Coast can gain up to 13 extra energy before bed.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Prathap said:

Neotwism said:

It's just an idea, thinking about people who are strapped for time obviously some alliances need a full 24 hours to finish map 6 and 7. Doing this allows them to start earlier and gain more energy. Not asking for more hours, however a small tweak like this gives everyone the same advantage of extra energy gained. As I stated above you gain two energy this way. However someone on the West Coast can gain up to 13 extra energy before bed.
    Shifting it 2 hours helps your alliance, ir would however put other alliances in the same situation, or worse. It does not give everyone in the game the same advantage, it gives you an advantage and gives others a disadvantage. Remember we in North America are not the only ones who play this game.
    It doesn't just help "my alliance" It actually benefits everyone. The concept of time is hard for people right? Take everything from this list and subtract 2 hours.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/?low=c

Everyone wins in this situation. However since time is so hard for people and somehow my alliance only benefits from this idea. I urge you to never join MMC12 for such a lopsided time advantage.

It doesn't just help "my alliance" It actually benefits everyone. The concept of time is hard for people right? Take everything from this list and subtract 2 hours.

Everyone wins in this situation. However since time is so hard for people and somehow my alliance only benefits from this idea. I urge you to never join MMC12 for such a lopsided time advantage.

The fact that the starting time currently hurts you shows that the starting time can hurt people. I never said ONLY your alliance would benefit, I said people in NA.... It seems you are the ones having issues understanding time.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    It doesn't benefit everyone. People playing this game live in all different time zones of the world and all have different day to day schedules (i.e. work mornings, afternoons, or nights). This change would help you and your alliance but it could very well hinder others. Personally, I like it starting at 3PM EST because I can usually get to the game after work by 5PM and not miss out on any energy.
    Lormif said:

The fact that the starting time currently hurts you shows that the starting time can hurt people. I never said ONLY your alliance would benefit, I said people in NA.... It seems you are the ones having issues understanding time.
    I never even remotely said it was hurting my alliance. We are done before noon EST anyhow. We do map 5 ;)
    K00shMaan said:

It doesn't benefit everyone. People playing this game live in all different time zones of the world and all have different day to day schedules (i.e. work mornings, afternoons, or nights). This change would help you and your alliance but it could very well hinder others. Personally, I like it starting at 3PM EST because I can usually get to the game after work by 5PM and not miss out on any energy.

I was just basing this on the fact that right after lunch one could use up all three energy and gain an extra 5 by the time they get home. It's an idea not world ending.

Lormif said:

I never even remotely said it was hurting my alliance. We are done before noon EST anyhow. We do map 5 ;)
    If changing it would help you then the current time is hurting you in some way.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Changing it is an idea, the perception that it hurts or benefits me in somewhat is an interpretation of yourself.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Changing it is an idea, the perception that it hurts or benefits me in somewhat is an interpretation of yourself.
    You stated it would help you, you claimed ridiculously that it would help everyone.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

You stated it would help you, you claimed ridiculously that it would help everyone.
    Go back show me where I said it would help me in particular quote it.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Go back show me where I said it would help me in particular quote it.
    show where I said it would hurt you in the quest... Go back and show me where I said it would help me in particular to quote it. I said it would help you., In this case it would bring you more enjoyment apparently, while at the same time hurting other peoples enjoyment and actual progress in the quest.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

easy :) thanks for playing.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Now please highlight the word quest in that section...

Thanks for playing.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Thanks for playing.

This whole thing is about Alliance Quest. I like wasting time on the forums with people who have comprehending issues.
    All new content and events start at 10 am PDT / 1 pm EST..... this is a concept that is hard to grasp right. It would start at the same time. No one has issues rushing in to do questing at that time on day one. All of a sudden just an idea or the concept of moving back AQ to match that start time ruins the whole game world wide. :D

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Thanks for playing.

This whole thing is about Alliance Quest. I like wasting time on the forums with people who have comprehending issues.
    So yourself... After all you did not fully read my post before you replied or you would have realized I said quest, right?

All new content and events start at 10 am PDT / 1 pm EST..... this is a concept that is hard to grasp right. It would start at the same time. No one has issues rushing in to do questing at that time on day one. All of a sudden just an idea or the concept of moving back AQ to match that start time ruins the whole game world wide. :D

Not sure if this topic has ever been discussed, when the next iteration of Alliance Quest comes along can we start Alliance Quest at 9 am PDT instead. I know this seems odd at first but here is what happens.

Alliances with GMT(+) Members will get a bit of extra fun before they slumber.
    In America / Canada it would be 1pm EST when content usually drops. It would allow the earlier timezones to slam a few nodes for when PDT / PST members join up at 12 am their time and slam 5 energy each and every day. Just a thought but a small timeshift may benefit all ;)

hmm didnt realize 9am pst and 10am pst was the same thing. Interesting...

Also people plan around things and shifting them, as what happened to war a few months back threw up a whole stink because it DOES hurt people.
    I have a teddy bear for you to point to where this idea has hurt you.

You do know the difference between alliance quests and monthly quests right... If you are waiting for someone else to clear something in other quests as well then your argument makes sense... Not in this case :)