**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Shift Alliance Quest Start Time

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    Lormif said:

All new content and events start at 10 am PDT / 1 pm EST..... this is a concept that is hard to grasp right. It would start at the same time. No one has issues rushing in to do questing at that time on day one. All of a sudden just an idea or the concept of moving back AQ to match that start time ruins the whole game world wide. :D

Not sure if this topic has ever been discussed, when the next iteration of Alliance Quest comes along can we start Alliance Quest at 9 am PDT instead. I know this seems odd at first but here is what happens.

Alliances with GMT(+) Members will get a bit of extra fun before they slumber.
    In America / Canada it would be 1pm EST when content usually drops. It would allow the earlier timezones to slam a few nodes for when PDT / PST members join up at 12 am their time and slam 5 energy each and every day. Just a thought but a small timeshift may benefit all ;)

hmm didnt realize 9am pst and 10am pst was the same thing. Interesting...

Also people plan around things and shifting them, as what happened to war a few months back threw up a whole stink because it DOES hurt people.
    Yeah I actually did mean 10 it was a slip of the fingers. But hey again it's an idea. I am not Kabam making this change a day before AQ starts. It's just an idea that would maximize all energy for everyone with the exceptions of some really crappy timezones. But for the most part for anyone with alliances withing the PDT to GMT+ 4 (right now that is roughly 12 am there).

As of 3 pm start time all of these time zones are the worst:

GMT 5 - 1 am
    GMT 6 - 2 am
    GMT 7 - 3 am
    GMT 8 - 4 am (Can start AQ at this time)

Above suck

GMT 9 - 5 am
    GMT 10 - 6 am
    GMT 11 - 7 am
    GMT 12 - 8 am

Are okay under the current set up.

Take into account the shift

GMT 5 - 11 pm (Not bad they can start up AQ)
    GMT 6 - 12 am (Not bad they can start up AQ)

GMT 7 - 1 am
    GMT 8 - 2 am
    GMT 9 - 3 am
    GMT 10 - 4 am (Can start AQ at this time)

GMT 11 - 5 am
    GMT 12 - 6 am

A slight change still makes it better for some. Either way the only people that continually get a bad go at AQ is the above time zones.
  • Options
    TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    Prathap said:

All new content and events start at 10 am PDT / 1 pm EST..... this is a concept that is hard to grasp right. It would start at the same time. No one has issues rushing in to do questing at that time on day one. All of a sudden just an idea or the concept of moving back AQ to match that start time ruins the whole game world wide. :D

You do know the difference between alliance quests and monthly quests right... If you are waiting for someone else to clear something in other quests as well then your argument makes sense... Not in this case :)
    Yeah I do it's called an example

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/example
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    Actually when DST ends in November AQ will be running an hour early
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    😂😂😂 you’re making an assumption that starting at certain times is better for everyone. So people on the west coast start at 9 am? What if they don’t want to? What if they’re at work and losing energy all day? It was a nice thought that your idea would benefit all, but that assuming everyone has the same schedules... same work and school and sleep schedules... there’s people who would be sleep right before AQ starts and would miss out on the first 6-8 hours of AQ. It’s not purposefully selfish, I know you’re trying to be helpful... it’s an assumption that people have similar lives to you. There’s no better or best time to start AQ... making it 2 hours earlier might be better for your alliance and might be better for a good chunk of people.. it’s still going to be worse for others. There’s a world of time zones and people work, sleep, and are busy/not busy at all points of the day. It’s a selfish assumption to assume people are awake at 9 am PST.. everyone has different lives. I like that you did at least put thought into it though.😊

🐻