**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Remembering the “gifting badge”. Resurrection or RIP?

Just was feeling a little nostalgic, remember the “gifting badge”. Didn’t use it much when I had it but came in very handy when it was needed (used as attended) to help fellow teammates out. Still get “Hey, can you gift me a potion?” every once in a while. Just was wondering if anyone else misses the badge or not. I still have hope with a little reworking that the badge option will be available again in the future.

Remembering the “gifting badge”. Resurrection or RIP? 90 votes

Yes, I miss that badge of mine 😢
61% 55 votes
No, I don’t need no stinking badges!
28% 26 votes
Undecided/unsure
10% 9 votes

Comments

• CommonSenseCommonSense Posts: 54
    @Lvernon15 global actually got better? 😂. Congrats on the moderator job, keep them trolls off Seatin!
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

@Lvernon15 global actually got better? 😂. Congrats on the moderator job, keep them trolls off Seatin!

When gifting was first removed there was still a gift button when you clicked on a profile, once that was removed the gifting spam has almost stopped, still a bunch of people who think it’s a dating app though
  • It’d be nice to have an internal alliance only gifting set up. Wouldn’t be quite as useful as the previous one - I’ve got a couple of IRL mates who I’m a lot further ahead of and sometimes it’d be nice to help out - but alliance only would be good and not totally abusable
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 253 ★★
    Even if we don’t get gifting back, I’d love to see a ‘match’ system, where you can ask others in your alliance to match the amount you spend, it’s not as beneficial as the gifting so I see that possibly being added rather than gifting

I want to keep gifting myself stuff from other profiles... Lol

Totally understandable, I have 2 accounts and sometimes would “help myself” from time to time, I could see if someone had 25 accounts just for that to use on there one good main....I would think most doing that wouldn’t have to much of a head up on the competition seeing there wasn’t much of anything spectacular to gift (plus you had to pay). I can understand that, but never could understand what would push a real life person to spend so much time and energy on this small feature to get a small payback.....I know the game is a lot Like real world things in someways...you have good guys/gals and bad guys/gals some doing right others doing wrong. I’d think with a little rework and some limitations the badge could once be valuable to some again. I can remember when we could gift out of our inventory back in the day, was a nice day to have that badge but did to much in breaking the game.
    edited September 2019
    The gifting badge song in other terms....how you use it, are you a good guy or a bad guy? Plus that was a sweet Clint movie 😎
    Let’s keep them votes rolling in, let’s see if we can break the bank 🏦
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    So happy the gifting badge is gone. Love that it’s gone, and I had one too. So many fewer people begging in global and generally people prepare better for things rather than just going into hard content with 2 revives, hoping for the best, and then just asking “friends”, global, and alli mates until someone’s gives them revives. There’s no way to get truly “paid back” either... sure they can gift back to you a revive or other resource that’s giftable, but you’re still out units and can’t get those back. Only time it really was useful was when two alli mates or friends etc BOTH needed some resource that’s giftable and didn’t want it in their inventory but to be in their “mail” like energy refills for legends run.

🐻
    Don’t think the above was made for comments....a “dislike” on let’s keep the votes rolling in? Come on, read the whole 14 word sentence at least first. Dang 💩
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Every time an alliance mate says they r out of items and need to grind the arena in the middle of AQ, it reminds me how much i miss having the badge. I never used it often but it was nice knowing it was there in case it was needed. I do hope it can return. With a few tweaks i feel they could prevent most of the abuse. They could make it where u have to be in an alliance for a month b4 u can gift and only to alliance mates with a few item limit per day or cycle would help a lot.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    I used to bet refills on football games I miss it
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

When gifting was first removed there was still a gift button when you clicked on a profile, once that was removed the gifting spam has almost stopped, still a bunch of people who think it’s a dating app though
    I thought I was the only one who saw those people try a hook up on global
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I cant count how many times on global i have saw "are you a girl?" "I wanna gf"
    @Neotwism yeah, I’ve seen that a lot on global....without the gifting badge it still seems like there’s a lot of creepers and trolls and fools on there. I really don’t think the gifting badge cleaned global up that much, rather have some ask for a revive then ask for my phone number, or my shoe size, etc. I always got to post on global when that stuff happens “is this yahoo chat?” 😂, I was on there a few days ago trying to recruit and I swear a 10 year old was cursing me out for like a hour....keep putting in words that got censored and some that didn’t lol.
    They may have disagreed with your spam request to have more votes roll in (wasn’t me FYI). If the poll is interesting people will vote, if it’s not they won’t. Bumping your own thread asking for more votes isn’t needed.

🐻
    @Bear3 no problem bud, didn’t know that was a hardcore spam request 🤭.....I’ll leave it be and let it roll, after all it’s just a vote on a game poll, doesn’t really mean naw or hey, just something to do while cruising the fourms. I won’t loose much sleep over it. Sounds like a interesting thing to talk about, looks like it will continue on until it gets shut down or what not. People can vote or not, no problem with me....but I definitely appreciate the feedback and what not 🤗
    All good, I’m not bothered about any part of it, just offering up a possible reason... maybe calling it spam made my comment sound harsher than intended... text tone and all that.😊

🐻