**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Black Widow Claire Voyant Regen- Working as intended?

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

@Lormif Kabam responds to content before they character has been around for 3 months all the time. Remember the Namor fix that occured? What about Domino and Cull Obsisidan, lets stop pretending that Kabam has this clock in their head that no champion can be adjusted or commented on just because they were just released. You both and I mean GW are making stuff up to buff your argument and it is not landing well.

You keep putting words into my mouth, why? I never said they would not comment on chamopns ever, and quite clearly stated they would in the previous post. You mentioned a namor bug, confirming something being a bug is not the same thing as confirming something not being a bug. Saying something is not a problem has more power to it and makes it more difficult for them to fix it if it does turn out a bug later. If they see something as a bug they will comment, but if they dont they will wait until the very last second, if they every say anything.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

@Lormif Kabam responds to content before they character has been around for 3 months all the time. Remember the Namor fix that occured? What about Domino and Cull Obsisidan, lets stop pretending that Kabam has this clock in their head that no champion can be adjusted or commented on just because they were just released. You both and I mean GW are making stuff up to buff your argument and it is not landing well.

You keep putting words into my mouth, why? I never said they would not comment on chamopns ever, and quite clearly stated they would in the previous post. You mentioned a namor bug, confirming something being a bug is not the same thing as confirming something not being a bug. Saying something is not a problem has more power to it and makes it more difficult for them to fix it if it does turn out a bug later. If they see something as a bug they will comment, but if they dont they will wait until the very last second, if they every say anything.
    With the way Kabam changes things they can call the amount of regen Claire has as a bug. Anything that Kabam deems not working right is a bug so asking if they will change Claire's sp2 is completely legitimate. You make no sense by trying to say there's a difference when all those things. So Symbiote Supreme not adding a debuff for 100% of his parries isn't a bug or was it just too beneficial to players? To me there's no difference and it is intellectually dishonest to say otherwise.
  • Options

Lormif said:

With the way Kabam changes things they can call the amount of regen Claire has as a bug. Anything that Kabam deems not working right is a bug so asking if they will change Claire's sp2 is completely legitimate. You make no sense by trying to say there's a difference when all those things. So Symbiote Supreme not adding a debuff for 100% of his parries isn't a bug or was it just too beneficial to players? To me there's no difference and it is intellectually dishonest to say otherwise.
    They can call it a bug. But they have defined the regen at 35% of damage done per hit. They have made it match that. this makes it much less likely and the community much more justified in their anger if it is changed. This is not like the she hulk bug fix where it was not described at all, or the SS change where it was described one way, but worked another. all of those changes they had plausible deniability.

you honestly do not see the difference between confirming something IS a bug and confirming something IS NOT a bug, and how the latter paints them into a cornor when it comes to fixing a bug found later?

• Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

They can call it a bug. But they have defined the regen at 35% of damage done per hit. They have made it match that. this makes it much less likely and the community much more justified in their anger if it is changed. This is not like the she hulk bug fix where it was not described at all, or the SS change where it was described one way, but worked another. all of those changes they had plausible deniability.

you honestly do not see the difference between confirming something IS a bug and confirming something IS NOT a bug, and how the latter paints them into a cornor when it comes to fixing a bug found later?

My point is that Kabam's decision's seem arbitrary which is why they get majority of their outrage. Outside of them not communicating before they make sudden changes. Any change that they make is "bug," so its never to early to ask if their decision is solid. Especially when you have game changing regen like Claire who's sustainability will need to less potions and revives.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

My point is that Kabam's decision's seem arbitrary which is why they get majority of their outrage. Outside of them not communicating before they make sudden changes. Any change that they make is "bug," so its never to early to ask if their decision is solid. Especially when you have game changing regen like Claire who's sustainability will need to less potions and revives.
    They are not arbitrary, and they typically do communicate before making the changes. It is that you and they have a different idea on what constitutes communication. They tell you about upcoming changes, but many in the community want their permission given first.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    Considering their history, Id doubt the reliability of any hero or ability that is released.
  • Options
    CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

Claire is most likely going the get a balance change to her regen to make it less effective. There is no champ in the game that can regen as good as her in such a short amount of time. They will most likely bump up her damage tremendously to compensate for the nerf.

You have a basis for these statements or are they pure speculation?
  • Options

The obvious answer is to stop spending "piles of cash" until after the 3 months is up. Once they see it hurts their bottom line they'll think twice about nerfing champions.

Yeah but its not fun for the whales to wait for 3 months for a new champ. I have a guy in my alliance with a 2 million rating and he has every champ in the game. He's not going to wait 3 months for any champ regardless. They haven't hurt any champ yet that is new after 3 months and I'm looking forward to the Human torch buff.

Still I like your thought process because they only really listen to the bottom line.
  • Options
    CFree said:

Claire is most likely going the get a balance change to her regen to make it less effective. There is no champ in the game that can regen as good as her in such a short amount of time. They will most likely bump up her damage tremendously to compensate for the nerf.

You have a basis for these statements or are they pure speculation?
    You didn't have to take my statement so seriously. It's just speculation based on prior experiences
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Memories of blade hysteria. 2 years later, blade still not nerfed.
  • Options
    EXPotemkinEXPotemkin Posts: 9

The obvious answer is to stop spending "piles of cash" until after the 3 months is up. Once they see it hurts their bottom line they'll think twice about nerfing champions.

Yeah but its not fun for the whales to wait for 3 months for a new champ. I have a guy in my alliance with a 2 million rating and he has every champ in the game. He's not going to wait 3 months for any champ regardless. They haven't hurt any champ yet that is new after 3 months and I'm looking forward to the Human torch buff.

Still I like your thought process because they only really listen to the bottom line.
    Much like most things it pays to be patient. It sucks if your mate gets boned but it wouldn't be the first time people got screwed for rushing into new content be it quests or champs. Just hold off is all I can say.
  • Options
    jjgamesjaylenjjgamesjaylen Posts: 18
    edited September 2019
    Rektor said:

Blade is a completely different situation. He had both strong healing and high damage output that combated some if the toughest content in the game. Although his damage is impressive with danger sense... his damage is at most decent without it and his healing requires precise timing to avoid block damage as well as lots of power. Claire in this case has strong power gain against immune champs/ buff champs and can heal over 80% health with just one sp2 and she has death immunity on top of that which would technically make her immortal in the right hands making Kabam lose a lot of money from potions/revives. In the end it's Kabam's decision to change her or not. 2 Years later and Blade has fallen in the meta with counters and nodes.
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

Rektor said:

Blade is a completely different situation. He had both strong healing and high damage output that combated some if the toughest content in the game. Although his damage is impressive with danger sense... his damage is at most decent without it and his healing requires precise timing to avoid block damage as well as lots of power. Claire in this case has strong power gain against immune champs/ buff champs and can heal over 80% health with just one sp2 and she has death immunity on top of that which would technically make her immortal in the right hands making Kabam lose a lot of money from potions/revives. In the end it's Kabam's decision to change her or not. 2 Years later and Blade has fallen in the meta with counters and nodes.
    Right.. So he was even more likely to be nerfed because he combined some of the highest damage output in the game at the time and a simple healing mechanic that can still be used faster than any other regen in the game, and yet he still was never nerfed.

I’m all in support of the trolling behind these cute threads every time a new champ is released post she hulk nerf, but let’s stop pretending a champ that could clear labyrinth of legends fights at 100% health as a 3* just by throwing heavy attacks for 8 minutes in a row was working as intended.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Yeah this is stretching at this point. Shulk was a unique situation. I don't think there's cause to worry they'll alter every Champ that's powerful. Will adjustments be made in the future? It's possible. However, there will always be Champs that are powerful in one way or another.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Skkc said:

If her regen is reduced, her dmg needs to be buffed. In most situations it’s kinda meh

60k sp2 is "meh" either you dont have her or you are not paying attention.
    She cannot hit for a 60k sp2. Not even close. Can you please show evidence of her hitting that hard?
    At R5 in her incinerate curse with death touch up, she definitely can
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

I mean... Not trying to be a debbie downer or anything, but every single champ/node/ability/mechanic in this game is and will always be subject to change.

If you don't want to spend "tons of cash" on her, while keeping that in mind, then... maybe don't?

I agree with you man @UmbertoDelRio but the main reason why ppl are grinding and spending for her is mainly because of her crazy regen, if after 2-3 mnths Kabam suddenly says the regen was bugged and that they're modifying it (like in the case of Dr Strange Pre 12.0), then it's really really unfair
    I don’t see it as unfair because they warned you guys and y’all made the decision to grind and spend for her. It’s not like if they tone her down it’s coming out of nowhere you guys were warned lol
    where?
    They made an announcement of the 3 month rebalancing of champs if it’s necessary

• Options
    IDoge said:

Lormif said:

Skkc said:

If her regen is reduced, her dmg needs to be buffed. In most situations it’s kinda meh

She cannot hit for a 60k sp2. Not even close. Can you please show evidence of her hitting that hard?
    Lol no she cant. Her damage is trash
    She deals like 45k just in additional energy damage like that. Watch some of BG's test stream from last night, I promise you she can
  • Options
    I really wish some people would get a clue as to what they're talking about before spouting off nonsense
  • Options
    I think they totaled up the damage in the video an alliance mate of his sent him to around 64-65k total
  • Options
    IDoge said:

Lormif said:

Skkc said:

Maybbe you should look up before you make false claims. There is a video in this very thread of her doing just that, 11% damage to a 556k captain marvel is how much damage? ill wait.
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

Lormif said:

zeezee57 said:

Lormif said:

If you can find out whether or not her regen is OP and could possibly be changed early why not ask? That is the point of the forums and people arguing against it are just not thinking.

Why don't we wait until Kabam actually responds so we can hold them accountable if they say she won't be changed or they have no plans of changing?

Because it is in their best interest not to even reply given your post until after the 3 months is up. If I am evaluating something I am not going to prematurely tell you "its good" or "its bad" so it can come back and haunt me.
    I hope you understand how harmful this attitude could be to their business model. "We'll just ignore our customers for 3 months so we dont possibly say the wrong thing" is possibly the stupidest customer service plan I've ever heard. If people are set to shell out a decent chunk of change on a product it makes sense to question these sort of things now than after you pay for the product.

When they made the balancing announcement I said this exact scenario would become routine. If this goes ignored and in 3 months she's nerfed down you think anyone who paid to get her will do it for the new champs at that time? It's why I said at the time I expected pretty much all changes to be improvements to champs. Take away customer confidence that what they're paying for is what they get and they stop paying.
    Where did I say they would "ignore" the players. You are making a huge leap. They will not commit to if something is working or not until then, because committing earlier puts them in a huge bind if they turn out wrong in one direction, but you can still address concerns to a degree without committing 100%.
    It would be in their best interest to not even reply is what you said. Calling that ignoring isn't making a leap at all.
    Reading comprehension. I said it would not be in their best interest. Stating they would not reply in any form is a MASSIVE leap.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

Lormif said:

Skkc said:

Actually she can so stop assuming stuff without proof and as said from @Worknprogress she can with the incinerate curse on her
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Thanks She-Hulk nerf/fix/change! Totally called this would be very common now.
This discussion has been closed.