**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are there any full evade counters?

13»

Comments

• 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    gp87 said:

The only two champs that can stop the evade from the start of the fight are:
    1. Venom against spiderverse champs
    2. Night trasher only using mediums

Once he has 5 charges or more, Cull Obsidian stops evade and autoblock from the start of the fight. As does Corvusbonce he has earned truenstrike with Proxima on the team. In these cases, yes, they need to ramp to it, but each subsequent fight thereafter stops evade from the start of the fight. I understand you are pointing put champs that stop evade without ramp up, but Cull and Corvus (once achieving theirnrespective missions) don't need to trigger SPs like Heimdall or Karnak, or intercept / hit a champ recovering from SP like KM.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Aryl said:

KM is the best anti-evade. Easy to trigger TS and he's not useless like Karnak.

My 6* Karnak disagrees. Good for everything from Evade to Auto-Block. Every L1.
    My Corvus with PM further disagrees.
    My Nick Fury disagrees.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Awakened Iceman? All you have to do to stop the opponent from evading is begin the fight.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★

Awakened Iceman? All you have to do to stop the opponent from evading is begin the fight.

I got a 4* iceman this morning, sadly still unawakened
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    No love for crossbones?

He was my goto for everything remotely difficult before I pulled AA
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Best evade counter is probably Corvus w/ Proxima. Any evade/autoblock in the entire quest, and there are no further evades and autoblocks. And he does it on every hit, even if debuffs get shrugged off, or they're debuff immune (which are the most difficult evaders). Night Thrasher is also solid, but he only gets to do Mediums if you want to fully counter evade, which makes it difficult to use his aggressive playstyle and keep his debuffs up. Ghost is also fantastic, except doing 1-hit combos means you can't really stack cruetly, so the only champ that's not at all compromised is Corvus.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

KM is the best anti-evade. Easy to trigger TS and he's not useless like Karnak.

My 6* Karnak disagrees. Good for everything from Evade to Auto-Block. Every L1.
    My Corvus with PM further disagrees.
    There may be better options, but I don't agree that he's useless. He's quite useful when you need to deal with Evade. That's what I was disagreeing with. Not useless.
    Not useless, but not a popular choice. Why choose someone with a mediocre True Strike and low damage when you can choose someone with a long True Strike and high damage?
    I get that not everyone has high damage true strike people. but still
    If you don't have a better option, he does just fine. I don't consider him useless because there are other options in the game. Obviously people will usually choose better options if they have them. Damage output isn't the highest, but if you're trying to deal with stubborn Evade or Auto-Block, he does just fine. There's a tendency to call any Champ that isn't Top Tier useless. They're not necessarily so.
    You shouldn't strive for just fine. You should strive for greatness
    Declaring some champs great and the rest useless is not striving for greatness. Learning how every champ works and learning how to use them to the best of their capability is striving for greatness.

Great advice is not telling people who's the best champ, and if they don't have that then tough. Great advice is telling people every champ who works, and in what way, no matter how popular the choice is.

I don't see people calling other players great because of what they can do with Corvus. The great ones show us things we didn't think could be done with champions we didn't think it could be done with: unpopular, unobvious, unusual choices.
    Amen. Sometimes you gotta work with the things you have. As this game is still nothing more than spinning a wheel of fortune, you don't always have the best option at hand.

If you've CG and PM, good for you, but no need to look down on people who use something else.

Besides, CG's TS is only given after the fight so moot point if you only need it for one fight.
    Pretty dang sure he gets it after knocking the opponent down if they've evaded or auto-blocked. So one evade and game over.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited September 2019
    The best evade counter actually is Ghost.
    Make him miss, medium and phasing. And repeat.
    No need to build charges. No need to build buffs. No need to activate true strike. No limitations. No risk.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Nope. Best EVADE counter is awakened iceman, you start the fight with cold snap on opponent and they’re not evading from the start. Corvus has to complete the mission, which isn’t hard, but he doesn’t start the fight with true strike. Ice man doesn’t need anything, they start from fight 1 not being able to evade. Corvus if it’s a buff stealing node or champ can have problems lol. Not saying ice man is my favorite, but he shuts it down from the start and just needs Sp1 to reapply which the timer more than allows for. Must be awakened though.. sig not important.

🐻
  • PredatorXPredatorX Posts: 11
    Sirmacool said:

Think coldsnap stops the evade

Wasp can evade even she's under coldsnap debuff. Don't know why :(
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    A
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    The only realistic evade counters that work 100% of the time from beginning to end on all champs (nodes excluded) are Quake and Medium-only Night Thrasher. Though by technicality, anyone that can do damage without hitting the opponent counts. Blade with his parries, duped Domino with critical failure, Void's debuffs every 10 seconds, duped Magik's limbo,
    even just parrying with a duped Quake would work. Anyone with power gain could work as well since they could just save up to an Sp3 and let it off. Hype, Mordo, Cable, etc. could all work. The biggest technicality comes when you realize that if it's a really stacked champ going up against a really weak evade champ, they can just get hammered on all day until they let off a Sp3, so really, every champ is a full evade counter. Do I deserve an "Insightful" reaction, or what? 😎