**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I thought new arenas were supposed to bring down grind time

MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
So 1.3 million in 3* yondu arena(over twice the last milestone) was not enough to get the 3*. Time to leave the game if a 3* is not attainable at that level.

Comments

• Options
    Just read the ability. Not sure if that's why, but still ridiculous. Like I said when I have to do over 1.3 million in a 3* arena(junk) other than the fact I like to collect then it's time to move on. Do the right thing and change the arena system and give everyone a 3* yondu.
  • Options
    Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    I went to 1.3 mil also and missed him which is quite a surprise. Pretty much all of the new 3* have had cutoffs under 1.3, but there's always a chance to go higher. It only took a streak of 60 for me to get there, so I could have easily done much more. Oh well, I'll just wait to see what the cutoff was and push a little further for round 2.
  • Options
    I'm not doing round 2 personally. That is just ridiculous. 1.6 million. It's all in the ability in his spotlight. I'm sure that's why it's so high. For that crud we should all get a free one.
  • Options
    BigMoBigMo Posts: 175
    Sorry you missed out. I think because he is so desirable the cutoff was higher. Also you can't compare the new 3* arena to the old 3* arena because you can use your 3* champs. It took me 92 or 94 (I forget exactly) matches to put up 1.7mil points by only using my maxed 3* champs, which was enough to win Yondu. If you don't already have a larger roster of maxed 3* champs then yes it will be harder for you to win the new 3* champs.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,678 Guardian
    I'm not doing round 2 personally. That is just ridiculous. 1.6 million. It's all in the ability in his spotlight. I'm sure that's why it's so high. For that crud we should all get a free one.

Not my place to tell anyone when to go for anything, but just FYI there's two things to keep in mind:

1. Some early reporting says 1.36 million got him. I'm not sure what the cutoff is going to be yet because reporting tends to be spotty on the 3* featured, but you might have just missed him if you scored 1.3.

2. The second round has a pretty decent chance of being lower. For most grinders, getting the 3* featured is important, awakening with a second grind is less important because most grinders have a ton of 3* awakening gems just sitting around expiring all the time. If people pushed harder than normal to get Yondu, those that got him might back off in round two.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I did 1.4kk and got him. Damn, I need to do more to be safe now that I know this ...
  • Options
    I'm not hurting for champs. Everything I have is maxed. Just hate doing that much for a 3* and I only go for them as a collector. 4pihvawfgxp3.png
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    1.5 mil and got him... i have been doing 1.5mil for all the new champs just to be safe... i like collecting 3*...
  • Options
    Yeah I have a life and a family. I can't take the time to grind out 17-20 million for the 4*. So I just think it's ridiculous that they said new arenas would cut grind time but you have to put up over double the last milestone and still don't get him as a 3*. That's ridiculous. Part of it probably being the fool's who actually thought he would produce units.
  • Options
    PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    They was supposed to but all it did was switch from two stars to my three stars, the grind is roughly the same if not slightly longer
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Yeah I have a life and a family. I can't take the time to grind out 17-20 million for the 4*. So I just think it's ridiculous that they said new arenas would cut grind time but you have to put up over double the last milestone and still don't get him as a 3*. That's ridiculous. Part of it probably being the fool's who actually thought he would produce units.

Putting up 2 million for 3 star Yondu took barely any effort at all ... because with the new arenas you can now use 3 star champs instead of only 2 stars.
  • Options
    Not if u grind out all arenas for milestones. That's a lot of time to dedicate for a 3*
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    Voluntaris wrote: »

Putting up 2 million for 3 star Yondu took barely any effort at all ... because with the new arenas you can now use 3 star champs instead of only 2 stars.

No matter what takes around 100 streaks to get 2m or more. It's a HUGE effort. Also considering that you could pt them alone in the 4* and get a 4* or shards plus the 5* ones.

I did 1.4 and got mine, but it's an extra. Hoestly i did that cause i knew i couldnt do much of the feature arena with work, t4b arena and weekend. Got those 200 shards and even got the 11-30% rewards in the featured on just 1.7m. yummers.

guess it's just a matter of perspective ... a "HUGE effort" to me would be the 11.2 million i put up for Mordo basic last weekend.
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Well, there's always gonna be a person that is a "Try-hard". No offense to anyone.
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    8idsu6pijajm.jpg
    Remember to use boosts ! Really helps shorten the grind a bit
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    And this is why I barely play the arenas, they just keep going up and up to crazy point thresholds.

I already have a decent roster and I just don't have the time or desire to put up the points anymore and I have a lot of patience so I can wait for them.
  • Options
    Point is I think they should just give the 3 star at some point. 3 stars are pretty much useless now. Nothing ticks me off more than to spend that much time in the 3 star arena and not get the featured. Much more important to hit the 4 star arenas. Just wanted him for collection. Need to reexamine the 3 star arena.
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    that would be awesome...get to test the champ too, since questions in champion spotlights are often not answered.
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 111
    I got it at 1,313,775
  • Options

I won him at 1.6 mil. I work but I don't have a family or anything. Double the last milestone is like.. really? Don't get me wrong there are certain maxed out 3* champs that can be used for harder quests and stuff but they're not ideal. For just a 3* it is a bit much. My friend Battleberger was super excited for Yondu. I told him to go for 1.5 to be safe but I also told him I won Nebula twice with 1.3 mil. He hit 1.3 and and has 2 kids and a job that doesn't give him any time to play like mine does. He was pretty upset that it wasn't enough, and I was too. This is the first arena he's actually worked on since the update. I felt bad for him. I know it's easier to get points now with your 3* champs but its also a little harder now because of that. I don't think there's enough incentive. I don't think players like us are getting enough for how much we put into it.
  • Options
    TylerZTylerZ Posts: 1
    Nope
  • Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 237
    When there are subscription services that guarantee crazy points in arenas just with a simple script of dashing back, then forward, hitting twice, rinse and repeat it says a lot about how fulfilled those that reach crazy milestones feel.

I feel bad for all those that invested so much time in arena and miss out on getting the champ because of this, and that is also why I tried only once, missed the cut off by a million despite devoting all my free time across 3 days, and vowed never to make that mistake again.
  • Options

I won him at 1.6 mil. I work but I don't have a family or anything. Double the last milestone is like.. really? Don't get me wrong there are certain maxed out 3* champs that can be used for harder quests and stuff but they're not ideal. For just a 3* it is a bit much. My friend Battleberger was super excited for Yondu. I told him to go for 1.5 to be safe but I also told him I won Nebula twice with 1.3 mil. He hit 1.3 and and has 2 kids and a job that doesn't give him any time to play like mine does. He was pretty upset that it wasn't enough, and I was too. This is the first arena he's actually worked on since the update. I felt bad for him. I know it's easier to get points now with your 3* champs but its also a little harder now because of that. I don't think there's enough incentive. I don't think players like us are getting enough for how much we put into it.

My point exactly and the drop rates on crystals are horrendous. Overpriced 2 star crystals. I buy 5-10+ each featured and it's always a 2 star. Last 4 star featured I pulled was antman if that tells you how long it has been. Last 3 star featured I pulled was moon knight if that tells you how long that has been and I have been playing since the game's official launch date. I'm not saying I want to pull 4 stars of the featured all of the time but, every once in a while would be great considering the number of units I drop. Moreso I would even be happy pulling the 3 star featured as it saves grind time, but that never happens. Meanwhile I watch the same guys pull the featured every time within 1-5 crystals and they try to feed us the line that the drop rates are random. My rear. Read the comments kabam. We're sick of it. I'm done dropping any money whatsoever into this cash grab of a game because I always come out losing. I mean the least you could do considering I drop between 750-1500 units every featured and sometimes more is drop at least the 3* featured. Game is getting boring and monotonous. Quit screwing us over. Revamp the 3 star arena.

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Uh...

1) I Don't think the new arenas were meant to reduce grind time, the notes said something to the effect of accommodating a larger player base. That's likely a construct of desires rather than developer intent. Maybe someone has the update notes?
    2) Obtaining a 3* via the old 2* arenas took a nearly identical number of fights as they do in the new system. "Cooler" champions take a bit more though, just as they did under the old arena.