**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Upcoming Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw Balance Changes

Comments

• r3dyr3dy Posts: 30
    edited September 2019

Just another way this hurts your business model, Kabam. I just pulled a 6* Thing. Even unduped he's amazing and can take him to rank 2. Now I'm hesitant to rank someone up who's great because you might decide he's too great and nerf him. That's the issue this is causing. You'd be better served releasing one new champ a month instead of two and making sure they are perfect. You can always release two champs in certain months because you'd have extra lead time only having to release one champ a month.

Yeah but Thing isn't a new champ that's been scheduled for rebalancing.

Seriously man... lol
    Neither are Annihilus, Human Torch, and Ebony Maw. All are getting tweaked up. You completely missed the point. At any point Kabam could say they are rebalancing a champ and in 6 months the rank up materials used on them are wasted if the rebalance is actually a nerf like with Cull.
    Yeah but they are NEWER champs and Kabam had made it clear that they, and those that follows them will be looked at.

And it's not 6 months - they'll signal the rebalancing within 3 months (Cull, Maw, Ronin).

The actual tweak will take 6 months, but within 3 months you'll already have an indication. So if you have Cull, or Maw or Ronin all you have to do is wait 3 months to see what's gonna happen, if you don't like it, don't take him R5.

Simple as that.
    What is it that you are not getting dude??

Cull came on featured crystal and arenas before kabam say anything about this 3 month things, so many people rank him up earlier than that.

Kabam say it will start on octuber, are we on octuber?? they didnt say anything about targeting champs before that date

So what this 3 month things has anything to do here???

Now, with this 3 month time, what are you saying?? "Hey people dont invest money on feature crystal or rank up resources on newer champ before this 3 month!! thak you", if that so, how will kabam get the data for "balancing" if people decide not to get or rank up this champs cause or the 3 month potencial nerf??? you think kabam want to people to expend less on cavalier crystal or arena grinding?? IT MAKE NO SENSE

In Order for Kabam to get the data for potencial "balancing" they need that users take this champ rank them up and use them, but will people keep putting money knowing that any of these champ can get nerf??? so see the problem here?? how kabam will ask people to put money on new champs so they can get the data and at the same time say "ey we may nerf this champ in 6 month be aware" you think thats smart???
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

The game would go into the ground quickly if they left everything as-is when released. That's what people keep missing. Champs never have a guarantee to go unchanged. Ever. Never did. The game changes and grows, shifts and evolves. That's the one thing keeping the longevity of it. Yes, they know what they're doing. They've been doing it for 5 years. What they're committing to is revisiting Champs on a regular basis, as opposed to massive imbalances and reworks years down the road. This puts stress on content, us, and them. I don't see how people can't understand this is a good thing for the game. Inept programming is not having to work on issues. Inept programming is leaving it to cause whatever problems come, and designing around whatever direction things take.

Cull Obsidian now isn’t an amazing champion. He provides no game breaking benefits. There are champions better in him in every way. They should’ve tested him more and released him with different stats. Now people feel mislead and scammed out of their money. Right now it’s not about balancing the game. It’s about people feeling mislead and scammed. There wouldn’t be this issue if they weren’t pumping out champions every month. They do that because they know people will spend money on them and they’re trying to get people to stay interested in the game. There are other ways to keep people interested in the game but none of them make as much profit. Kabam is a company. They want to make money. That’s why they push out champions before they’re ready. Yea they’ve been doing this for five years and they know how to make money. Corporations as big as Kabam aren’t so worried about morals and doing what’s best for the game. Kabam does more than just Mcoc and they don’t care about their consumers unless they stop spending money
    It's exactly about balancing the game, and game breaking wasn't used. What they said was he was showing more than any other Champ among the highest. Which means they don't consider that balanced, evident by the fact that they're looking at him for rebalancing. Game breaking, perhaps not. Game altering, absolutely. Some effects occur over time and require subsequent effort to deal with and lead to further problems. These revisions are proactive. Not just reparative or in response to an immediate threat. They're aligning the game ahead of time to make future iterations and content more manageable and less likely to cause problems. Perfect? No. There will never be perfect.
  • Could you guys imagine how broken this game would be if AA could still stun unstunable defenders, SS could stagger on parries,Fury could purify both suicides and Drax could counter evade? The game would be unplayable. That's assuming it would even still be around.

Those were actual game breaking and significant to the game. Taking a balanced champions damage down isn't gonna do lot to change the game. All those examples are of the character's utilities and not just their base damage. Taking down a champions damage won't change the game.
  • Omfg man I have a r4 150 sig. and recently pulled him 6*. that’s it I’m so done with this game. The sig stones alone I could’ve put into Medusa instead make me wanna quit.
  • Ascoop24 said:

Hey all,

I know there will be a lot of questions about Rank Down Tickets and Compensation for changes, and there already are some. As a reminder, we did say that we will approach these on a case by case basis, and will not be able to make any comments on this yet, because we don't know what Cull's balance pass will look like at all yet.

Also, remember that these changes are restricted to Tuning updates, and are will not change any abilities or utility. Our intention is that if you love your Champion now, you should still love them after.

Where are you seeing cull doing too much damage? Try taking him into act 6 even as a r2 6 star. You won’t because the ramp up is too item heavy. Same with aq and those are even more expensive items.

My r4 cull is useless in act 6 he’s basically dead after the first fight..
  • IronMaiden66IronMaiden66 Posts: 40
    edited September 2019

Omfg man I have a r4 150 sig. and recently pulled him 6*. that’s it I’m so done with this game. The sig stones alone I could’ve put into Medusa instead make me wanna quit.

Best of luck, still got him for 3 months then after that we just gotta hope he doesn't get killed in the nerf. Pulled him as a five star awhile ago (before the nerf was announced) and put all my resources into ranking him up.
  • I think we can all agree that we just wanna know what's going on and why they're nerfing him.
    Since they won't give out information people are speculating that Kabam is doin this to make more money. If there's good reasoning behind these changes we wouldn't have to assume those things. It's gone on long enough that a lot of people feel fairly confident that that is whats actually happening
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

I never changed any viewpoint. I pointed out that our opinion on whether he's balanced or not isn't necessarily the same as what they consider balanced. Evidently they see something about his Damage they consider not balanced, otherwise we wouldn't be discussing it.

Alright to really boil this down to the basics.

- Kabam thinks he's too good.
    This is backed up by the fact that they think they need to make special content just to counter him and them saying that he has some of the highest damage output in the game.

-You think Kabam is right because they know the game
    This is backed up by everything you've said and I'm sure you would agree to that statement.

-Most the community, including me, believe that he is already balanced and doesn't put out insane damage.
    This is backed up by previous posts from most people and multiple MCOC youtubers posting about it. All these people also came to the same conclusion after using Cull or seeing gameplay footage of him, that he doesn't put out that much damage.

What a lot of the comments on this forum are is of people wondering what Kabam sees and thinks when they say he does too much damage. I feel it would be fair for Kabam to tell their community and explain why he's being nerfed. Many people feel mislead and cheated and it wouldn't be too hard for Kabam to just come out and say, this is why he's too good and so we're gonna do something about it.
    You keep using the word 'nerf' as if he's gonna go from awesome to useless.

What if the actual tweak is for him to cause 5% less damage?
    edited September 2019

I think we can all agree that we just wanna know what's going on and why they're nerfing him.
    Since they won't give out information people are speculating that Kabam is doin this to make more money. If there's good reasoning behind these changes we wouldn't have to assume those things. It's gone on long enough that a lot of people feel fairly confident that that is whats actually happening

All will be revealed in 3 months.

Be patient.
    edited September 2019
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Akhilxcx said:

Just another way this hurts your business model, Kabam. I just pulled a 6* Thing. Even unduped he's amazing and can take him to rank 2. Now I'm hesitant to rank someone up who's great because you might decide he's too great and nerf him. That's the issue this is causing. You'd be better served releasing one new champ a month instead of two and making sure they are perfect. You can always release two champs in certain months because you'd have extra lead time only having to release one champ a month.

Seriously man... lol
    cull isn't new either. he is in basic pool now.
    Seriously man... lol
    Neither was Maw. People wanted Maw redone. You can't do one and not the other from that month.
    Ronin would beg to differ.
    Ronin didn't need anything, as much as people want him buffed.
    Did you even look at your comment I responded to?

"You can't do one and not the other from that month"

Points out the other champ from said month who isn't being changed, directly contradicting you statement. Ronin needs to be changed just as much as Cull, I'd guess everyone in this thread would argue more so. Your faith in Kabam's decisions being correct based solely on being what Kabam decided comes across borderline religious in nature.
    Zuro said:

I never changed any viewpoint. I pointed out that our opinion on whether he's balanced or not isn't necessarily the same as what they consider balanced. Evidently they see something about his Damage they consider not balanced, otherwise we wouldn't be discussing it.

This is backed up by the fact that they think they need to make special content just to counter him and them saying that he has some of the highest damage output in the game.

This is backed up by everything you've said and I'm sure you would agree to that statement.

-Most the community, including me, believe that he is already balanced and doesn't put out insane damage.
    This is backed up by previous posts from most people and multiple MCOC youtubers posting about it. All these people also came to the same conclusion after using Cull or seeing gameplay footage of him, that he doesn't put out that much damage.

What a lot of the comments on this forum are is of people wondering what Kabam sees and thinks when they say he does too much damage. I feel it would be fair for Kabam to tell their community and explain why he's being nerfed. Many people feel mislead and cheated and it wouldn't be too hard for Kabam to just come out and say, this is why he's too good and so we're gonna do something about it.

It's still a nerf since he is less effective
    But are you less likely to rank him up just because he has a 5% less damage?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Akhilxcx said:

Seriously man... lol
    Seriously man... lol
    Neither was Maw. People wanted Maw redone. You can't do one and not the other from that month.

Points out the other champ from said month who isn't being changed, directly contradicting you statement. Ronin needs to be changed just as much as Cull, I'd guess everyone in this thread would argue more so. Your faith in Kabam's decisions being correct based solely on being what Kabam decided comes across borderline religious in nature.
    No. Ronin doesn't need to be changed. What I was talking about was the other Champ that requires rebalancing from the same time of the release. Not that you must change every Champ released. I thought it was implied that they have to first require a reworking. I didn't realize the conversation was so semantical. Obviously if they don't need anything done, it's not a given.

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Akhilxcx said:

Seriously man... lol
    Seriously man... lol

Zuro said:

I'd still want the option to rank him down. I don't care if it was 1% honestly. You change a champ, people need to be given the option to rank them down
    If you don't like champs being changed, you're in the wrong game mate. Kabam had made it clear new champs will be re-tweak going forward.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited September 2019

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Akhilxcx said:

Seriously man... lol
    Seriously man... lol

Zuro said:

If it's 5 percent less damage it's not worth doing. I have no clue what they're planning but suspect it will be his armor breaks that get nerfed. If that's correct he'll be even more difficult to ramp up and less desirable. If that's the case they really need to raise his block proficiency to normal or a little above average to make him usable. They need to give people rank down tickets though because most people who have him spent money getting what he is now. RDTs are really the least they should do. This is a really bad road they are going down.
    DaMunk said:

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Akhilxcx said:

Seriously man... lol
    Seriously man... lol

Zuro said:

If it's 5 percent less damage it's not worth doing. I have no clue what they're planning but suspect it will be his armor breaks that get nerfed. If that's correct he'll be even more difficult to ramp up and less desirable. If that's the case they really need to raise his block proficiency to normal or a little above average to make him usable. They need to give people rank down tickets though because most people who have him spent money getting what he is now. RDTs are really the least they should do. This is a really bad road they are going down.
    You're making a lot speculations about armor breaks and block proficiency, and everything.

Why not just wait and see what happens rather than speculate and make the community running scared?
    edited September 2019
    Harry_hzy said:

The worse thing I think is: kabam didn’t realize this is an crisis. This change will damage 2 things. One is the players’ trust; second is kabam’s reputation. These 2 damages is not easy to fix. 3,4 people help you to argue cannot change anything. IT IS NOT DATA OR TEST ISSUE. Don’t try to mislead us to that way.

Mistake can destroy company, arrogance does it quicker. When you don’t care your customer, trade them as fool, you will know what will happen. Lot of successful companies did that, and failed.

Kabam hasn't done anything they haven't said they wouldn't do. They have said that from Human Torch onwards champs will be re-evaluated. That's what's happening at the moment.

The only mistake they've made is not informing us of this before Cull going into the basic pool and they've admitted that they've missed that, hence this announcement.

You can spread rumors and lies all you want, but they haven't broken a trust or lost any reputation through this at all.
    Honestly I think you guys are really jumping the gun here.

Here's my honest take on the changes:

1. Ronin will remain the same - Cool.

2. Maw will get a buff - Cool.

3. Cull may get a small reduction BUT WILL STILL REMAIN TOP DAMAGE DEALER (let's say -5%) - Cool.

Again, let's say Cull's damage is reduced by 5% - that's hardly going to mess with the game or Cull. If you're complaining about that you're overreacting.

In summary I think we're really blowing this all out of proportion.
    _ASDF_ said:

3. Cull may get a small reduction BUT WILL STILL REMAIN TOP DAMAGE DEALER (let's say -5%) - Cool.

Again, let's say Cull's damage is reduced by 5% - that's hardly going to mess with the game or Cull. If you're complaining about that you're overreacting.

Bro...
    If they were going to just adjust his damage by 5%, they wouldn’t even announce it. Changing SheHulk was huge and they didn’t announce it. Smh.
    So when the She-hulk's change wasn't announce you guys were up in arms, and now that they've announced it you again complain and go off the rails saying it'll be this and that.

You're gonna complain no matter what.
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

Bro...
    If they were going to just adjust his damage by 5%, they wouldn’t even announce it. Changing SheHulk was huge and they didn’t announce it. Smh.
    So when the She-hulk's change wasn't announce you guys were up in arms, and now that they've announced it you again complain and go off the rails saying it'll be this and that.

You're gonna complain no matter what.
    No one would complain if kabam could properly roll out a champ once a month. Or if they could follow their own rules. Or communicate properly. Your not understanding the cause and effect here.
    They've admitted that they missed announcing Cull's re-tweak. That's ONE oversight. They've been totally transparent about that. I'm not sure what else they can do here.
This discussion has been closed.