**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do i get willpower?

Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
Idk if i should get it, its pretty pricey lol and i was looking to explore anything with my units but nothing seems so worth it, so should i go for it or it wont rly help?? and btw i don't have suicides yet, so no bleed no poison

Do i get willpower? 58 votes

Go for it
74%
ArcDeAngelusPantherusNZRiise81RazorDevilDuMonUGAM3RGUYTerraMets17Aayush2268Atomic_WolfNEO_mr_AndersonLvernon15TwmRM1k0rinG0311FR33_HUG5Donnymeijslimlowell420My_SuperiorLordRaymond3 43 votes
Not worth it without suicides
25%
SnakeEyes69LeNoirFaineantbuffajrDuke_SilverXXGhost_RiderXXBahamutChampioncriticAleorGeorgiaDawgEtjamaFugitive21ArylSpartan_117Samhawk_1Khangster 15 votes

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Go for it
    Such an underrated mastery, some champs and nodes gove you debuffs you can use to get a net heal on a fight, and it makes many slip ups less severe
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I still have a point in willpower but had it before the nerf. I don't think it's worth it to unlock anymore unless you are going to run suicides. It does have its uses but it's overpriced. If you have all the masteries you want already and want to try it go for it, but other expensive masteries like deep wounds will help you more. Part of the problem is it forces you to burn too many mastery points on defense.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Go for it
    One of the best masteries. And it makes going through 6.1.3 a breeze.
  • Dead1Dead1 Posts: 226
    wait for December. get some discount.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Go for it
    On of the best Regen substitute when you get armor broke, weaken, or any 0 damage debuff.
  • MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260
    Go for it
    I run WP all the time and it's so good when you encounter like "Long distance relationship" node.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    Go for it
    Yeah it's worth getting, but only Rank 1/3 because the overall 0.2% increase from 1-3 isn't worth the investment of Mastery points or Cores. Only 3/3 if using Suicides
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    I dropped WP when I dropped suicides. I haven't missed it.

It's not worth the 7-8 mastery points when there are much better masteries to put them in.

Yeah it's worth getting, but only Rank 1/3 because the overall 0.2% increase from 1-3 isn't worth the investment of Mastery points or Cores. Only 3/3 if using Suicides

How is having to use 4-5 points to put 1 point in WP worth it?

That doesn't compute.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    Go for it
    Aryl said:

That doesn't compute.
    There is still plenty of value in the defensive tree masteries that the 15 total points to unlock Willpower aren't wasted - especially for players that aren't good/consistent enough to go full offensive.

Maybe one day I'll be good and consistent enough in the game that I don't need the support of the defensive abilities but until then I have no issues investing 16 mastery points into defensive abilities.

Besides, the OP enquired only about Willpower itself, not necessarily the points needed to unlock the tree.

Aryl said:

That doesn't compute.
    There is still plenty of value in the defensive tree masteries that the 15 total points to unlock Willpower aren't wasted - especially for players that aren't good/consistent enough to go full offensive.

Maybe one day I'll be good and consistent enough in the game that I don't need the support of the defensive abilities but until then I have no issues investing 16 mastery points into defensive abilities.

Besides, the OP enquired only about Willpower itself, not necessarily the points needed to unlock the tree.
    While that may be true, I don't think the OP realizes how much is wasted just to obtain a mediocre mastery.

No one, and I mean no one is going to max out salve if it wasn't necessary for WP... or the points wasted in block, perfect block or SYG.

10-12 points in defense is all you need if you aren't aiming for tier 2.

As soon as I stop spending units on cavs, I'm going to cannibalize more points from defense to rank up unfazed.

The rewards from defensive masteries are just very low.