**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War Attack points vs. Defender kills

I think the point distribution between kills and defender based deaths should be re-evaluated. Especially when defender diversity can affect War. It’s not like Punisher is useful in War. Only a handful of champ are actually worth ranking up to be used in War. And to lose a War based on diversity, when you’re ahead in every other category doesn’t make it fun for gamers. This is a suggestion that I think y’all should closely consider. Especially for season 13 because I know it’s over with for 12.

Comments

• It’s barely 20 champs worth placing as defenders. Diversity points should be erased, and defender kills should be tallied in.
  • At higher tiers, many run close too, if not full diversity. We run a full 150, and it typically pays off. Spamming the grid with a bunch of ideal would be 'God Tier' defenders doesn't always work. My advice, never rely on your defense to win a war. The point distribution is pretty solid as is. Diversity can give you a buffer zone against those that don't take the time or effort to utilize full diversity.

Defender kills were removed for a reason. They offset the scores too much. As it currently stands, there's a max point output. Diversity reduces grid spamming, and boring wars. Fighting 5× Dominoes, Korgs, Things, and the like can get tiresome. Not to mention, diversity makes it harder to bring direct counters for everything. We've tried the Spam technique and we get more kills with full diversity. I think at your tier, things might be different, but tier 5+, things change.

I sincerely doubt they'll remove diversity as many utilize it. After all this time, it would cause a LOT of outcry (like it did the 1st time they tried to remove it, and that was AWHILE ago). Best to work with what's there as overall, it works. If you choose not to utilize it, that's your business, but I doubt you speak for the majority.
  • If you win/lose based on diversity it means that your alliances were virtually tied in attack bonus. Your alliance has a choice between making your defence painfully stacked - all your boss nodes being Korg and Thing or whatever, or diverse. This is a gamble, eventually you’re going to come up against an alliance that can counter the usual roadblocks and then you’ll have lost all diversity points for nothing.
    This is one of the reasons that they implemented defence tactics IMO, because there are alliances at every tier that just face roll the whole Map. In my most recent alliance we were averaging about 5-10 deaths max per war without the defence tactics, but now we get more because of them.
  • Do you want to fight Domino, Thing, IMIW all the time? On literally every note? Diversity is a really good addition in war. Otherwise it would be really boring and a pure cash grab.
    Diversity has only little impact on end result. You beat them barely in attack points, but they CRUSHED you in diversity. This was your own fault. Just get your diversity on point.

That’s already all you fight. Including Medusa Gladiator Hulk M.O.D.O.K. Korg and dew select others. War already boring for the most part. But we spend resources ranking up champ. So why can’t we rank who we want without it biting us later on. And you didn’t acknowledge the fact that defender kills don’t get point period. If one defender takes out all champs so that full attack bonuses can’t be obtained, then shouldn’t it be reversed and then the defender starts earning its ally points. Think about that.
  • Y’all missing it. When the last time you fought in a War and it wasn’t 3 Dominos, 3 Medusas, 2/3 Korgs, 1/2 Things(only because everyone doesn’t have him like they do Korg) it’s not as many Ironman Infinty War because everyone knows to just bait his heavy..not to mention everyone has Corvus as well. I’m not saying diversity isn’t useful. I’m saying defender kills should be included as well. I’ve been playing this game for nearly three years so I’m familiar with changes that have been made. And bottom line, the point of defenders is what. To keep the other team from winning, so if your defense stands out then why not rewards. They reward for defenders remaining and it’s not like the higher tiers are leaving many defenders left. I’ll wait.
  • Mauled said:

If you win/lose based on diversity it means that your alliances were virtually tied in attack bonus. Your alliance has a choice between making your defence painfully stacked - all your boss nodes being Korg and Thing or whatever, or diverse. This is a gamble, eventually you’re going to come up against an alliance that can counter the usual roadblocks and then you’ll have lost all diversity points for nothing.
    This is one of the reasons that they implemented defence tactics IMO, because there are alliances at every tier that just face roll the whole Map. In my most recent alliance we were averaging about 5-10 deaths max per war without the defence tactics, but now we get more because of them.

Do y’all have many defenders remaining?
  • Y’all missing it. When the last time you fought in a War and it wasn’t 3 Dominos, 3 Medusas, 2/3 Korgs, 1/2 Things(only because everyone doesn’t have him like they do Korg) it’s not as many Ironman Infinty War because everyone knows to just bait his heavy..not to mention everyone has Corvus as well. I’m not saying diversity isn’t useful. I’m saying defender kills should be included as well. I’ve been playing this game for nearly three years so I’m familiar with changes that have been made. And bottom line, the point of defenders is what. To keep the other team from winning, so if your defense stands out then why not rewards. They reward for defenders remaining and it’s not like the higher tiers are leaving many defenders left. I’ll wait.

Well that’s pretty much what they do anyway. You die, you lose an attack bonus. Very rarely will you get more than 3 kills per defender. Giving you points for the kill as well as the loss of attack bonus is just maintaining the points status quo in 99% of cases.

I think we all have 1-2 wars per season max where it hasn’t been 100% clears and those are the ones you would get more than 3 kills for a defender, but in those cases it’s normally the final boss they fail to take down and surrender 20k points anyway so it becomes a moot point.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Them losing points for attack bonus is essentially the same thing as if you got points for defender kills
  • Mauled said:

If you win/lose based on diversity it means that your alliances were virtually tied in attack bonus. Your alliance has a choice between making your defence painfully stacked - all your boss nodes being Korg and Thing or whatever, or diverse. This is a gamble, eventually you’re going to come up against an alliance that can counter the usual roadblocks and then you’ll have lost all diversity points for nothing.

We had opponents in the past who placed 5 Korgs, 5 Medusa and so on. Still beat them in attack bonus and left no defender over 🤷‍♂️
    Y’all some damn beast lol
  • TwmR said:

Them losing points for attack bonus is essentially the same thing as if you got points for defender kills

Shitting me. If that was the case, you’d see it.
  • Mauled said:

We had opponents in the past who placed 5 Korgs, 5 Medusa and so on. Still beat them in attack bonus and left no defender over 🤷‍♂️
    Y’all some damn beast lol
    Not really 😅 We're only in Plat4/ Gold1. You see him so often in war and EQ, over time you just get used to him.
    Yea Korg has become something of an easy challenge. I figured out how to fight him so he doesn’t kick my ass anymore. But Shid platinum period is the place to be. You got 6* yet?