**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The boss rush feels soul-crushing to play (the worst content released this year)

My experience this month with the boss rush has been absolutely soul crushing for close to useless rewards. The first few champs are an absolute pain to take down, with 4 star champs and then the SS requires you to sink at least 9-10 revives to get him down. It is absolutely poor content-wise, nothing new or fun other than the quake who was a challenge to beat but you felt good about beating her because it required skill. The other fights all looked rushed, just for Kabam to push out with no actual challenge, a meaningless slog for most players who can attempt it. All this for a duped moon knight. Not for any actual in game resources that you can use, such as AG's, T4CC, T4B and signature stones.

Comments

• Options
    blak_mambablak_mamba Posts: 46

If you’re doing the boss rush with 4 stars then you shouldn’t be doing it at all. That content is not meant for all players. And probably not meant for you yet. Stuff like this is meant for players who are at least close to becoming elders bane IMO. If you’re using a certain 4 star for some champs like stark for sym and void for Domino that’s fine but tackling the whole thing with 4 stars isn’t meant for the average player.

I got Elder’s Bane with 4 stars. The fact that 10k shards aren’t worth going through these fights should say enough.
  • Options
    C4edmonC4edmon Posts: 26
    I did it with 4*, it was tough and I needed a lot of tries but I did it. It felt like a challenge and that’s what it was supposed to be. If you can’t do it without spending 10 revives and don’t think the rewards are worth it for you, then why do it at all?
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    It requires precision, above average player skill level, good timing, and good assortment of champions.. with 5* or 6* it is easier to complete, with 4* maxed champions, it is little tougher but doable in highly skilled players hands, and if you want a challenge, some players use 2* or 3* max champions to make it more challenging.

Personally I lack the skill set to complete the boss rush 2 without it being frustrating and making me cuss like I need my mouth washed with soap.. I think I have great collection of champions but none that would make the boss rush2 easier.. namely 5* or 6* ghost, maxed Omega Red, Stark Spidey, and such. Unawaken champions have some but missing some of the important abilities.

Hope the content stays a while so I brush up on my skills.
  • Options
    Addyos said:

If you’re doing the boss rush with 4 stars then you shouldn’t be doing it at all. That content is not meant for all players. And probably not meant for you yet. Stuff like this is meant for players who are at least close to becoming elders bane IMO. If you’re using a certain 4 star for some champs like stark for sym and void for Domino that’s fine but tackling the whole thing with 4 stars isn’t meant for the average player.

I got Elder’s Bane with 4 stars. The fact that 10k shards aren’t worth going through these fights should say enough.
    You claim to have become Elder's Bane with 4*s, yet had so much difficulty with the Boss Rush? Ok.

Keyword: the boss rush was a pain. Not difficult.

Ps I got Elektra just yesterday.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    The titles button is a magical thing, uncollected yes, elders bane isn't there. Look just suggesting things to actually help you progress here - if you haven't go 100% act 4 for the t2a and get an r4 champ first because you should be getting some of them by now, morningstar would be a great choice.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I just did 2 tries on boss rush. 1st time with all my strongest 5* r4/r5 but all being KO upto Quake. Then I saw few video guidance and proceed with three 4*r5 and two 5*r3, which I can made it without any revive.

This EQ test your team arrangement (which I’m not good enough and thus rely on youtubers’ advice) and precision in executing the fight. Yes it’s tough but not as crazy as some of the EQs before.
  • Options
    njandynjandy Posts: 238
    boss rush isn’t for the average player. it caters to high tier players that have been playing for years. 80 percent of players stand no chance of completing it. an easier version with a quarter of the rewards would have been nice and give some more content to play. “go play something easy” isn’t the point. high tier players get rewards, middle to new tier get nothing at all.
  • Options
    Odachi said:

The titles button is a magical thing, uncollected yes, elders bane isn't there. Look just suggesting things to actually help you progress here - if you haven't go 100% act 4 for the t2a and get an r4 champ first because you should be getting some of them by now, morningstar would be a great choice.

I 100% act 4 before even attempting act 5, Morningstar is a banger of a champion but I hate her animations+ playstyle. Might still rank her up for Lol, but I also got shehulk and Thing that I’m looking at for rankups.
  • Options
    njandy said:

boss rush isn’t for the average player. it caters to high tier players that have been playing for years. 80 percent of players stand no chance of completing it. an easier version with a quarter of the rewards would have been nice and give some more content to play. “go play something easy” isn’t the point. high tier players get rewards, middle to new tier get nothing at all.

You nailed it. But one thing is that high tier players don’t benefit from it at all- 10k shards. I’d rather have got a 5 star crystal with the champs of the boss rush in it. None of the champs are new featureds. Kabam just being lazy with the rewards. And if these rewards are as **** as they are, mid tier Mcoc players should be able to benefit from it too.
  • Options
    Ace_03 said:

6.2 says hi.

Can’t attempt it with all your skill and practice because your 5 star crystals refuse to give you above an average champ. Fair
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    This content is not catered to the high tier player. It’s easy for the high tier player. I would say it’s more catered for mid to upper mid tier. Mid tier these days is someone who has at least completed act 5 and has a well fleshed our roster of r5 champs and a good collection of r3 5* champs and a couple r4 5* as well.

Looking at your roster I don’t think you are quite there. You are close but need a little more depth and utility in your roster. You can still do this type of content but it does cost more.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    L2P. Gg. Stop crying over content that’s not meant for you if you don’t have the skill despite having the roster to do so.

(P.s. act 4 was done by a lot of veterans with 4* 4/40s, not 5/50s. Not to mention the content was nerfed and we didn’t have OP champs, like that Medusa Blade CptIW GR EF AA Sentinel MS that you currently have, at that point of time.)
  • Options
    xNig said:

L2P. Gg. Stop crying over content that’s not meant for you if you don’t have the skill despite having the roster to do so.

(P.s. act 4 was done by a lot of veterans with 4* 4/40s, not 5/50s. Not to mention the content was nerfed and we didn’t have OP champs, like that Medusa Blade CptIW GR EF AA Sentinel MS that you currently have, at that point of time.)

M8 I finished it, required one lvl 2 revive, but that’s not the point.

The **** fights are the problem on kabams part because they didn’t implement the changes that influencers wanted, like lagacy, and they said they pushed it out because of time issues. I’d rather have a fully clean playing experience if kabam takes their time with it. Also none of those champs other than Medusa helped me for act 4, I do appreciate that ogs of the game were able to finish it with their 4/40s, however I could only get to uncollected with my 4/40s.

The problem isn’t the champs, but the amount of skill required vs payoff in events like these. I’m sure 5/65 players wouldn’t have noticed, but the fact that I’m a progressing f2p player made me realize it’s a clown fiesta of fights for mediocre rewards.
  • Options
    Was525Was525 Posts: 98
    Maybe you just aren’t very good at the game. I did it with 4*s on my second account.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★
    njandy said:

I dont think i'm high tier and did it twice. Roster can play a huge role in doing it.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

njandy said:

I dont think i'm high tier and did it twice. Roster can play a huge role in doing it.
    Which boils down to luck and resources. Not every player has every champion at his/her disposal. I always believe I've been very fortunate with my pulls (my first 5* was Medusa) and I always keep in mind I started as a newb like anybody else. Some skills might be self-evident for some, but isn't for others.

If you're average skill, 5/50 4* might not cut it, or not with a reasonable amount of resources (in theory, you can do everything as long you've enough revives and health pots). I think the boss rush was meant for players with a R4 5* roster, who also have an extensive 5/50 arsenal at their disposal to counter most nodes. That's what I've read from the people who developed the fights with this in mind.

That said: I fully understand the frustration of OP and @Bugmat78. I don't like it either that the boss rush event wasn't accessible to all. I would have liked to have a lesser boss rush events (with like between 9k and 18k bosses) for the middle players with like half the rewards. Then yeah, the not-so-skilled-but-decent-enough could have completed it and enjoyed it.

What I can't stand is the gitgudders who brag about how they completed it with max 3* and thus it is doable for everyone with a decent 4* roster. They lack the imagination there are players who aren't as advanced as them. It is also not helpful: you don't magically become skilled but due to gradually advance in both skill and roster. Not everyone has the same pace and any decent game respects that.
  • Options

Bugmat78 said:

njandy said:

Which boils down to luck and resources. Not every player has every champion at his/her disposal. I always believe I've been very fortunate with my pulls (my first 5* was Medusa) and I always keep in mind I started as a newb like anybody else. Some skills might be self-evident for some, but isn't for others.

If you're average skill, 5/50 4* might not cut it, or not with a reasonable amount of resources (in theory, you can do everything as long you've enough revives and health pots). I think the boss rush was meant for players with a R4 5* roster, who also have an extensive 5/50 arsenal at their disposal to counter most nodes. That's what I've read from the people who developed the fights with this in mind.

That said: I fully understand the frustration of OP and @Bugmat78. I don't like it either that the boss rush event wasn't accessible to all. I would have liked to have a lesser boss rush events (with like between 9k and 18k bosses) for the middle players with like half the rewards. Then yeah, the not-so-skilled-but-decent-enough could have completed it and enjoyed it.

What I can't stand is the gitgudders who brag about how they completed it with max 3* and thus it is doable for everyone with a decent 4* roster. They lack the imagination there are players who aren't as advanced as them. It is also not helpful: you don't magically become skilled but due to gradually advance in both skill and roster. Not everyone has the same pace and any decent game respects that.
    This. I think that there should be options for middle players to obtain 5 * shards based on their skill level & roster that can be utilized in able to accomplish the contents in able to advance in this game. 5 * shards are hard to come by, it took months to get 10K shards only to pull a meme champ that is useless in this game. We're also part of this community, and exclusion only contributes to the further frustration. In able to preserve my well being, it helps not to take everything too seriously with this game, it's not worth it. And there are Marvel based game out there that needs checking out because they are good and fun to play as well, which what I'm doing now.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

njandy said:

What were your two pulls? 😉