**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My buff suggestion for Hulkbuster...

gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
I know there is a thread for champ improvement in the suggestions category but this idea doesn't really go to specifics but just a general idea.

Incorporating HB from the mcu, I'd like an idea where the more beat up he is (can be in form of enemy combo count or %hp left), he calls on veronica for more armor to keep him up longer in the fight. there is a waiting time from when he called veronica to the time he receives the armor upgrade. attached to the armor upgrades are specific abilities that can be activated throughout the fight, e.g. activated ability on special attacks, activated ability via dash back hold block, well timed blocks, etc...you get the gist. it can be capped at 4 armor reinforcements to limit this.

I'm thinking abilities like immovable (an ability wherein he can't be pushed back or knocked down but can still be disrupted by hits even if it was blocked), enervate/power lock, indestructible per hit (like killmonger), etc...

possible weaknesses would be:
-putting constant armor break on him to remove the armor (and the tied abilities with them maybe even including his sig) but this also automatically calls veronica for an armor upgrade that can replace the armor break with an armor up buff.
-intentionally losing your combo count so as not to invoke calling veronica. (good for killmonger when indestructible or luke cage)
-timing some big damage attacks (heavies and special attacks) in the waiting time window between calling veronica and receiving the armor as a form of disruption of the call or intercept of the armor upgrade.

his possible sig ability can be the following:
-a per hit indestructible for every time he gains an armor
-faster responses and an automatic call for armor upgrades from veronica for every 10 enemy hit combo.
-carry over mechanic. he brings his armor upgrades through his fights in a quest. Plus, once he puts an enemy below 15% hp for his first 3 fights, he receives armament upgrades from veronica that can be used through his fights in the quest. max armament upgrade at 3 fights. each upgrade can still be lost if he receives an armor break or is hit by special attacks. (this can be a dealbreaker for his offensive use if the armament upgrades are great)

Comments

• Options
    as long as the update is not yet out, I would like to remind the devs of the Hulkbuster that they based their design off...specifically it is his Age of Ultron debut. Hulkbuster in that movie, was able to call on veronica for extra armor AND get weapon upgrades to dish out damage and provide utility to neutralize hulk. he beat up hulk here...that just goes to show that he has some damage capabilities.

putting the offensive/utility upgrades in his sig and at the final 15% hp of the enemy will keep the focus on his defensive role.

i just wish they would consider this.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    The only way I can see it being reasonable to do the "parts swap" thing would be if they added a heal ability in special three, which gives enough time for the animations to play. It would otherwise be problematic to incorporate something like that during actual combat.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    DNA3000 said:

The only way I can see it being reasonable to do the "parts swap" thing would be if they added a heal ability in special three, which gives enough time for the animations to play. It would otherwise be problematic to incorporate something like that during actual combat.

i understand the complication in the part swap animation there. maybe it is possible to incorporate a simple parts swap animation in HB special attack animation. e.g. HB reaches the enemy combo count threshold or hp threshold. HB invokes veronica. next time HB uses a special attack, he gains the part from veronica. this can be a part that is just used for the special attack then disposed off. Or a part that stays and then disposed off in the next special attack, specifically if it was broken by an armor break.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    if they just Re-do Sp1 for hulkbuster like colossus that would b great! he's huge, he has those huge plasma blasters, he can call upto friday satellite, he has those automatic speed punches, he can pick up even "lifts" n throw at opponents ,lets use those stuff on his special attacks with ultra VFX tech we have now available for guillotine 2099,Darkhawk,ghost etc!! i personally wanna see those speed punches named go-to sleep as special 2, him picking up lift n throwing opponent to an empty building crushing them and just half of his current sp2 as his new sp1..!!
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Dunno about the buff, but the SP3 animation should be HB putting the severed hand on the opponent and making them fly away and explode.
  • Options
    Stuns, passive armour up, armour shatter, maybe some concussions and shock or incinerate damage would do the job nicely.

His sp1 should armour break ala Medusa and stun or concuss
    Sp2 armour break and incinerate or shock
    Sp3 should stun and armour shatter.