Sunspot or Emma Frost to r5/65?

gp87gp87 Posts: 91 ★★
My r5 mutants: domino, omega red, namor.

The only thing that i have not done is act 6.2

Sunspot or Emma Frost to r5/65? 67 votes

Sunspot unduped
50%
Nick_Caine_32TerraMityAntMikeyBoi69SiddhantKwatraAceLuffySabo_ASDF_MilesHolmwoodBruinsfan8510Aknylmz10or_StrongXxLoganTDCxXLordRaymond3cookiedealerAleorZombieZeddMC2707TheSquish671TankRichardsonX_Factor_Agent 34 votes
Emma Frost sig 60
49%
Spity68DarkZenFinalflash8NanaPokuShrinidhiDOKTOROKTOPUSSavio444JonibärchenCassyG0311CaramesCharlie_SceneGeo10megzeezee57Colonaut123Rougeknight87TJ107TehsigzorzFhfjghhggggjfhfjgKrieger 33 votes
«1

Comments

  • _ASDF__ASDF_ Posts: 1,106 ★★★
    Sunspot unduped
    Emma is already outdated tbh. Compared to Sunspot, Havok or omega.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t do either
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,520 ★★★★
    Sunspot unduped
    Do Sunspot. You won't regret it
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,520 ★★★★
    edited October 9
    Sunspot unduped
    Too_qik said:

    Emma frost is much better

    You obviously don't have Sunspot, and don't know of his abillities. He is the superior rankup
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 34
    Emma Frost sig 60
    Terra said:

    Too_qik said:

    Emma frost is much better

    You obviously don't have Sunspot, and don't know of his abillities. He is the superior rankup
    Then please explain me his utility aside from incinerate immun and sp2 damage.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 1,081 ★★★
    I am sorry for your complete lack of good choices.

    Honest answer: depends on whether you need Emma's immunities. I really like Sunspot as a damage dealer.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 262
    Emma Frost sig 60
    If I'm reading it correctly and you already have Domino, Namor, and OR at r5, I'd choose Emma for her utility.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,165 ★★★
    Sunspot unduped
    Although Emma has many immunities, resistances, and inverted controls (duped ability), she is better on defense. Her ramp up time takes little time, but to match Sunspots damage you have to get consistent results over many ramp ups.
  • Finalflash8Finalflash8 Posts: 39
    Emma Frost sig 60
    Emma is a great choice. She has good (not great) damage, but enormous amount of utility. I use her on my map 6 team and she was important for a lot of act 6 content. There are definitely 6.2 paths that you'll be thankful you have her.

    Dont have sunspot. He is for sure a better damage dealer, but it seems awfully difficult to really maximize that damage. By the time you ramp him up, you could've just blasted through with one of your other god mutants.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,165 ★★★
    Sunspot unduped

    Although Emma has many immunities, resistances, and inverted controls (duped ability), she is better on defense. Her ramp up time takes little time, but to match Sunspots damage you have to get consistent results over many ramp ups.

    Emma has a long ramp up compared to Sunspot? Please enlighten me on how double-heavy double-5-combo SP2 is a long ramp up.

    Especially when compared to one as long as of Sunspot, it takes a good amount of time to build up stacks of Flare State and charging heavies to get back incinerates.
    Im not going to answer you if your going to be rude
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,165 ★★★
    Sunspot unduped

    Although Emma has many immunities, resistances, and inverted controls (duped ability), she is better on defense. Her ramp up time takes little time, but to match Sunspots damage you have to get consistent results over many ramp ups.

    Emma has a long ramp up compared to Sunspot? Please enlighten me on how double-heavy double-5-combo SP2 is a long ramp up.

    Especially when compared to one as long as of Sunspot, it takes a good amount of time to build up stacks of Flare State and charging heavies to get back incinerates.
    Im not going to answer you if your going to be rude
    Apologies, didn't intend to sound rude.
    Thank you.
    Personally, Im not the best EF player. I have her at 4/40 but still have trouble using her. I just think Sunspot is easier to use personally, so I get more damage off faster than EF
    I should've said that MY ramp up time with Emma takes longer. My bad on that.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    Emma Frost sig 60

    Although Emma has many immunities, resistances, and inverted controls (duped ability), she is better on defense. Her ramp up time takes little time, but to match Sunspots damage you have to get consistent results over many ramp ups.

    Emma has a long ramp up compared to Sunspot? Please enlighten me on how double-heavy double-5-combo SP2 is a long ramp up.

    Especially when compared to one as long as of Sunspot, it takes a good amount of time to build up stacks of Flare State and charging heavies to get back incinerates.
    Im not going to answer you if your going to be rude
    Apologies, didn't intend to sound rude.
    Thank you.
    Personally, Im not the best EF player. I have her at 4/40 but still have trouble using her. I just think Sunspot is easier to use personally, so I get more damage off faster than EF
    I should've said that MY ramp up time with Emma takes longer. My bad on that.
    No worries 👍.
  • Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 108
    Sunspot unduped
    Sunspot has crazy damage potential, his awakened ability helps but is not needed. Emma does not have as much attack she is built for defense.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 319 ★★★
    I have a duped 6* Emma and a 5* Sunspot. I’ve played with both moderately (not extensively).

    I will say for general purposes (straight forward fights and dealing damage) Sunspot is definitely superior. He only needs two or three L1s to get two to three flare states which is fairly easy with his heavy charge mechanic. Then an L2 afterwards ends most fights. Sunspot also has superior prestige if that matters to you. I know you said he’s unawakened but that will change over time.

    Emma, however, is very good for some niche fights. The one that comes to mind right away is the mesmerize/ragnarok path in UC this month. I couldn’t think of a better counter for it because it doesn’t exist. In diamond form she’s immune to stun, making the stun portion of mesmerize null. In telepath form, opponents cannot evade so therefore they cannot evade and stun her. She was made for that node. She will also be superior if you need a lot of different immunities. I’m guessing she counters Elsa’s incinerate and Coldsnap rounds. There’s also an Abom in map 7 on incinerate which is really an odd combo that only a few champs can counter, one being Emma. Emma’s damage isn’t terrible but it’s nothing to dote on.

    I think in the end when you’re making the decision you need to ask yourself, do you want raw damage output and potential prestige down the line, or do you want a champ that can bring some added utility with her many immunities.
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 91 ★★
    RoninMan said:

    I have a duped 6* Emma and a 5* Sunspot. I’ve played with both moderately (not extensively).

    I will say for general purposes (straight forward fights and dealing damage) Sunspot is definitely superior. He only needs two or three L1s to get two to three flare states which is fairly easy with his heavy charge mechanic. Then an L2 afterwards ends most fights. Sunspot also has superior prestige if that matters to you. I know you said he’s unawakened but that will change over time.

    Emma, however, is very good for some niche fights. The one that comes to mind right away is the mesmerize/ragnarok path in UC this month. I couldn’t think of a better counter for it because it doesn’t exist. In diamond form she’s immune to stun, making the stun portion of mesmerize null. In telepath form, opponents cannot evade so therefore they cannot evade and stun her. She was made for that node. She will also be superior if you need a lot of different immunities. I’m guessing she counters Elsa’s incinerate and Coldsnap rounds. There’s also an Abom in map 7 on incinerate which is really an odd combo that only a few champs can counter, one being Emma. Emma’s damage isn’t terrible but it’s nothing to dote on.

    I think in the end when you’re making the decision you need to ask yourself, do you want raw damage output and potential prestige down the line, or do you want a champ that can bring some added utility with her many immunities.

    I really liked your position.. i will also said that mvp for mesmerize is night trasher (i have him six star) , cause his medium have true strike.
    I also have warlock and clair voyand and they make nice sunergies with sunspot , and i think that emma has lost her value by time because is difficult to hold those immunities (you need collossus in your team).
    But thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 319 ★★★
    gp87 said:

    RoninMan said:

    I have a duped 6* Emma and a 5* Sunspot. I’ve played with both moderately (not extensively).

    I will say for general purposes (straight forward fights and dealing damage) Sunspot is definitely superior. He only needs two or three L1s to get two to three flare states which is fairly easy with his heavy charge mechanic. Then an L2 afterwards ends most fights. Sunspot also has superior prestige if that matters to you. I know you said he’s unawakened but that will change over time.

    Emma, however, is very good for some niche fights. The one that comes to mind right away is the mesmerize/ragnarok path in UC this month. I couldn’t think of a better counter for it because it doesn’t exist. In diamond form she’s immune to stun, making the stun portion of mesmerize null. In telepath form, opponents cannot evade so therefore they cannot evade and stun her. She was made for that node. She will also be superior if you need a lot of different immunities. I’m guessing she counters Elsa’s incinerate and Coldsnap rounds. There’s also an Abom in map 7 on incinerate which is really an odd combo that only a few champs can counter, one being Emma. Emma’s damage isn’t terrible but it’s nothing to dote on.

    I think in the end when you’re making the decision you need to ask yourself, do you want raw damage output and potential prestige down the line, or do you want a champ that can bring some added utility with her many immunities.

    I really liked your position.. i will also said that mvp for mesmerize is night trasher (i have him six star) , cause his medium have true strike.
    I also have warlock and clair voyand and they make nice sunergies with sunspot , and i think that emma has lost her value by time because is difficult to hold those immunities (you need collossus in your team).
    But thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.
    NT is actually pretty good too now that you mention it. If you like him, you can use him for a lot of evade fights, too, and he has the added bonus of bypassing auto block as well.

    I will agree with you that Emma has somewhat lost a little of her shine since she was released, but there are a few instances where she really shines well. Also, as a side note, I discovered Emma’s synergy with Mysterio recently which makes them both immune to reverse controls. Once again it’s a very niche ability but can be very helpful.

    Good luck to you and make the choice that helps you enjoy the game most.
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 91 ★★
    RoninMan said:

    gp87 said:

    RoninMan said:

    I have a duped 6* Emma and a 5* Sunspot. I’ve played with both moderately (not extensively).

    I will say for general purposes (straight forward fights and dealing damage) Sunspot is definitely superior. He only needs two or three L1s to get two to three flare states which is fairly easy with his heavy charge mechanic. Then an L2 afterwards ends most fights. Sunspot also has superior prestige if that matters to you. I know you said he’s unawakened but that will change over time.

    Emma, however, is very good for some niche fights. The one that comes to mind right away is the mesmerize/ragnarok path in UC this month. I couldn’t think of a better counter for it because it doesn’t exist. In diamond form she’s immune to stun, making the stun portion of mesmerize null. In telepath form, opponents cannot evade so therefore they cannot evade and stun her. She was made for that node. She will also be superior if you need a lot of different immunities. I’m guessing she counters Elsa’s incinerate and Coldsnap rounds. There’s also an Abom in map 7 on incinerate which is really an odd combo that only a few champs can counter, one being Emma. Emma’s damage isn’t terrible but it’s nothing to dote on.

    I think in the end when you’re making the decision you need to ask yourself, do you want raw damage output and potential prestige down the line, or do you want a champ that can bring some added utility with her many immunities.

    I really liked your position.. i will also said that mvp for mesmerize is night trasher (i have him six star) , cause his medium have true strike.
    I also have warlock and clair voyand and they make nice sunergies with sunspot , and i think that emma has lost her value by time because is difficult to hold those immunities (you need collossus in your team).
    But thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.
    NT is actually pretty good too now that you mention it. If you like him, you can use him for a lot of evade fights, too, and he has the added bonus of bypassing auto block as well.

    I will agree with you that Emma has somewhat lost a little of her shine since she was released, but there are a few instances where she really shines well. Also, as a side note, I discovered Emma’s synergy with Mysterio recently which makes them both immune to reverse controls. Once again it’s a very niche ability but can be very helpful.

    Good luck to you and make the choice that helps you enjoy the game most.
    Thanks mate for everything
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 3,783 ★★★★★
    Emma Frost sig 60
    _ASDF_ said:

    Emma is already outdated tbh. Compared to Sunspot, Havok or omega.

    Just no
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 3,783 ★★★★★
    Emma Frost sig 60
    Emma no question
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 3,783 ★★★★★
    edited October 9
    Emma Frost sig 60
    Terra said:

    Too_qik said:

    Emma frost is much better

    You obviously don't have Sunspot, and don't know of his abillities. He is the superior rankup
    Wrong. Emma is the superior rank up
  • AleorAleor Posts: 1,223 ★★★
    Sunspot unduped
    I just like his animation more
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 3,783 ★★★★★
    Emma Frost sig 60

    Sunspot has crazy damage potential, his awakened ability helps but is not needed. Emma does not have as much attack she is built for defense.

    Lmao emma is a solid attacker
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 636 ★★★
    Emma Frost sig 60

    Although Emma has many immunities, resistances, and inverted controls (duped ability), she is better on defense. Her ramp up time takes little time, but to match Sunspots damage you have to get consistent results over many ramp ups.

    Emma has a long ramp up compared to Sunspot? Please enlighten me on how double-heavy double-5-combo SP2 is a long ramp up.

    Especially when compared to one as long as of Sunspot, it takes a good amount of time to build up stacks of Flare State and charging heavies to get back incinerates.
    Im not going to answer you if your going to be rude
    Apologies, didn't intend to sound rude.
    Thank you.
    Personally, Im not the best EF player. I have her at 4/40 but still have trouble using her. I just think Sunspot is easier to use personally, so I get more damage off faster than EF
    I should've said that MY ramp up time with Emma takes longer. My bad on that.
    How is emma hard to play? Emma has one of the simplest playstyles which you can alter depending on the matchup.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 1,144 ★★★
    Emma Frost sig 60
    Emma Frost will get you through more gameplay. If you need an incinerate immune champion, there are better alternatives: Rhulk, Mephisto, Void, NT. Oh and Emma Frost. Boom, she wins.
  • ThaVillainThaVillain Posts: 101
    Emma Frost sig 60
    Emma frost by far.... sunspot is overrated af.
Sign In or Register to comment.