**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Help me decide who gets 5* skill awakening gem!

HotFondue1520HotFondue1520 Posts: 157
edited October 2019 in Strategy and Tips
So i have Blade and Aegon as my choices to awaken. Currently im running map 6 in AQ, AW isn't a priority, i haven't done LOL (don't even know if i wanna start prepping to make a run), im finishing up exploring ACT 5 and i want to make a run at Caviler next.

Want this gem to help me in my story and EQ's, possibly even my AW attack team (GR, Stark). I'm leaning heavily towards Blade cuz i have a beafy GR already and think i'd use him more. But everyone keeps telling me to use it on Aegon... Is Aegon useful outside of LOL? Useful in Story and EQ's?

I dunno tho... Someone help me decide!!! Lmao

On and i ranked up my 4* Aegom awakend to see. What all the hype was about and try to get comfortable with his mechanics etc. I mean he was decent and great when i got combo up. But i felt like he lost to much health during fights or something. Like he took a lot of damage thru block and noticed that if i got picked off during a fight and lost my combo, it just wasn't worth the resources potions to continue, so I'd hafta restart the quest. Most fights i wouldn't get hit but when i did, even once, i had to end quest. It was annoying i felt. Sorry for such a long post, just trying to explain situation

Comments

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    Do you need to use a lot of potions in story quests etc? Then put it on Blade as it'll save you a lot of units.

Aegon is somewhat niche and NEEDS many long fights to truly shine. He's almost designed for LOL so if that's not a priority for you then he takes a back seat.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I still love my blade but even he struggles a bit with act 6. And I dislike using blade in LoL. So unfortunately I’d vote for aegon. And yes he’s very useful in story quest and monthly quests as well. But you will need to keep health pots readily available for him. Where as blade you wouldn’t.
  • HotFondue1520HotFondue1520 Posts: 157

Do you need to use a lot of potions in story quests etc? Then put it on Blade as it'll save you a lot of units.

Aegon is somewhat niche and NEEDS many long fights to truly shine. He's almost designed for LOL so if that's not a priority for you then he takes a back seat.

Yeah, i mean usually i don't use a single potion on Uncollected EQ but i feel like I'd hafta if i brought Aegon on them. It's almost like his AI mechanics don't mesh well with my play style
    Jaded said:

I still love my blade but even he struggles a bit with act 6. And I dislike using blade in LoL. So unfortunately I’d vote for aegon. And yes he’s very useful in story quest and monthly quests as well. But you will need to keep health pots readily available for him. Where as blade you wouldn’t.

Thanks.... So u don't think Blade w GR would be useful in ACT 6? Aegon would be better? Obviously if the nodes called for it i mean
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Thanks.... So u don't think Blade w GR would be useful in ACT 6? Aegon would be better? Obviously if the nodes called for it i mean
    Don’t get me wrong blade/starky/gr are typically on my act 6 teams. Along with corvus and aegon. But without aegon I wouldn’t have 6.1 100%. So it’s a toss up. Although the blade trinity did help me get my first run through 6.1.5 crossbones. But beyond that it was aegon. Then in 6.1.6 there are two paths specifically that aegon can shine over blade no matter what synergies blade has.

So if you are planning long term, I’d go Aegon. If you are looking short term, save some pots and clear up act 5, then go blade.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Don’t get me wrong blade/starky/gr are typically on my act 6 teams. Along with corvus and aegon. But without aegon I wouldn’t have 6.1 100%. So it’s a toss up. Although the blade trinity did help me get my first run through 6.1.5 crossbones. But beyond that it was aegon. Then in 6.1.6 there are two paths specifically that aegon can shine over blade no matter what synergies blade has.

So if you are planning long term, I’d go Aegon. If you are looking short term, save some pots and clear up act 5, then go blade.
    Thanks man, that's a great way to put it... I already have 5.1 5.3 and 5.4 100%'d so maybe Aegon is the better option for me. I farm pots from time to time so i usually have an overflow. Anyways thanks for ur advice
  • I’ve not got Aegon at 5* so I can’t comment on true endgame content with him, I have a 4* on alt who I comfortably get through MEQ with and he’s pretty good after a fight or two, but never gets to build up proper steam to do impressive stuff by the end of the quest.

I have a Sig200 5/65 blade on my main, awakened and sigged up manually and I don’t regret a single stone I dropped into him.
    Blade and GR or Mephisto always form the core of my quest teams as he qualifies for danger sense for so many matchups depending on who you bring and then his damage is close to my 2-3 charge Corvus. Outside of that, his AA reduction and healing is extremely useful.

I always say the sooner you awaken blade the better because as an investment the longer he’s awakened the more potions you’re saving.

Act 6.1 All bosses except Sabretooth (6.1.1) can be effected by Danger sense. All bosses. It Champion (6.2.6) can be danger sensed though 6.2.2 is still totally awful.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I love Blade and the trinity. But act 6 was at least partially designed around Blade.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    If you’re even remotely considering doing LOL, do Ægon. He is by far the best LOL champ. As for end game content, Ægon might not always make it on your team, but he does very well for certain fights. 6.1.3 I think, has a very long path that Ægon just destroyed solo. He also stomps all over 6.1.5 CB which can be a very difficult fight. I also haven’t tried him on it yet, but I have a feeling he is good for Icarus in 6.2. His ability to chain heavies mid combo, or just shrug off the degen is very useful. Blade is still very cool and nice, but I think Ægon will be more useful to you overall.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    if you suck, like me, blade is the way to go, i notice that i saved a lot of potions due to the easy regen blade has, idk bout aegon, im still exploring act 5
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    Aegon is great, but I agree with the above Blade arguments for saving units.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,997 ★★★★★
    I’ve got them both at 5/65, at or near sig 200, and I’d vote Aegon. A few reasons:
    Blade gains great sustainability awakened, but still has the rest of his utility unawakened. Aegon straight up does not work well unawakened.

Aegon’s ramp is really not as high as people make it out to be. He gets solid utility and damage after 100 hits on the combo meter, and you’ll get to that in every quest. Aegon is especially useful going into act 6, he carves up endgame content.

I just finished 100%ing LoL with him, and he honestly makes it super easy. I completed one of the interior paths using only two revives on him (healing potions to keep him topped up in between fights farmed from RoL, but barely above my inventory cap). Initial clear LoL rewards, in my opinion, make this an easy decision. Trading one awakening gem for another, plus two 5*s, a bunch of t4cc and two t2a is a good deal.

tl;dr - Aegon is a future-proofed champion who will continue to be useful far into the future, whereas Blade is starting to blend into the crowd a bit.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Aegon is much better than blade and will last long into the future, his value is only increasing, blade doesn’t need his sig as much, and is losing value, the decision is pretty clearly aegon imo
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    Aegon for sure