**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Grandmaster Crystals

These are such a waste of space in the game in their current form. Every time I get enough shards to open one I get a 3* (of course) and think "glad I became uncollected". Why are these shards not in more aspects of the game to replace PHC's? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Comments

• Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

You think they are a waste of space and you want more of them?

In their current form - yes. Getting a dime once a week is pointless, but getting 1000 of them is more meaningful.
    You knew what I meant.
    DNA3000 said:

Caino1023 said:

DNA3000 said:

You think they are a waste of space and you want more of them?

In their current form - yes. Getting a dime once a week is pointless, but getting 1000 of them is more meaningful.
    You knew what I meant.
    I only want more of things that have value in the first place. I don't complain about the value of things I want more of. I don't assume anyone would complain about the value of things they want more of without some kind of explanation, because that would be ridiculous.
    That's nice.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    I say either more availability for Gcs or increase gcs and cavs to 4-5 and 4-6 star champions. I’m not too fussed about it but I think it would be nice. It meets some people’s demands of more 5* shards and 3*s are pretty much useless arena fodder at this stage of the game
  • Jerk311Jerk311 Posts: 55
    The bigger disappointment is the daily uncollected Crystal's. I've collected 1000s of t4c shard Crystal's. I miss the chance at even garbage champs in the older ones.

I say either more availability for Gcs or increase gcs and cavs to 4-5 and 4-6 star champions. I’m not too fussed about it but I think it would be nice. It meets some people’s demands of more 5* shards and 3*s are pretty much useless arena fodder at this stage of the game

yea not a bad idea.
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    I pulled a 5* Hawkeye tonight from the login grandmaster crystal and anothor person in my alliance pulled a 5* kill monger from a grandmaster? 2 in one day within hours from the same alliance? your argument is not valid....
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    I pulled my 5* Magik from a login GM shard crystal. And 5* Massacre. And 5* Red Hulk. And duped my 5* OML. There are many more but these are the first that come to mind. It seems I get 4*s more often than 3*s. Maybe you just have tough luck when it comes to these.
    Considering it’s what, 5% chance at a 5*, I don’t think it’s tough luck, I think it’s just exactly as Kabam intends it currently. People pulling 5*s all the time from them and saying they’re just fine are the exception
    Hellow said:

Another give me lost that nitpicks a very minor aspect of the game
    Sad

So you think getting 1 complete grandmaster crystal every 2 weeks for becoming uncollected is adding value to the game then?

I pulled a 5* Hawkeye tonight from the login grandmaster crystal and anothor person in my alliance pulled a 5* kill monger from a grandmaster? 2 in one day within hours from the same alliance? your argument is not valid....

That is awesome for you and your alliance mate. I envy you, because all I have ever gotten is 3*... not even a 4*, in at least a year of being uncollected. I think the point that the OP is trying to drive home is that, at the uncollected level, a 3* is useless and a waste of the time it takes to accumulate a GM crystal. Let's be realistic; if you are at UC level, even most 4* champs are useless. What the GC should provide is a base level 4* with a chance at a 5* and a rare 6* (How PHC's are with 2*, 3*, and 4* respectfully).
    4* chance: 90%
    5* chance: 9%
    6* chance: 1%
    100% agree
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★

Well yes I don’t even care if it’s gonna give me 2* anymore. GMC accomplished its mission for me after almost 9 months. Keep trying bud

Well yes I don’t even care if it’s gonna give me 2* anymore. GMC accomplished its mission for me after almost 9 months. Keep trying bud

wow - nice. that's insane.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Or as i have said over and over...tweak the drop rates. (Including the phc) reduce the 2, and 3s and increase the 4 and 5 stars. I can't even pop a new champ anymore unless it is a 5 star crystal. Nice that i get shards from every crystal but after so long it isn't much fun to get nothing but shards and no one new. In the five months i have been uncollected i have opened one 5 from the GM crystals...king groot! (Yaaay!)
    Rap said:

Or as i have said over and over...tweak the drop rates. (Including the phc) reduce the 2, and 3s and increase the 4 and 5 stars. I can't even pop a new champ anymore unless it is a 5 star crystal. Nice that i get shards from every crystal but after so long it isn't much fun to get nothing but shards and no one new. In the five months i have been uncollected i have opened one 5 from the GM crystals...king groot! (Yaaay!)

yep that would definitely work.

Anyone who is uncollected has zero need for 3 stars.
  • Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    I got my first 5* from a gmc last week, got havok :p
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Caino1023 said:

Rap said:

Doesn't matter if they have a need for them or not. If it only contained 4 and 5*'s the progression gap will become an even bigger divide in the player base. The 3*'s help stay the gap in both the GMCs and Cavalier Crystals.

Caino1023 said:

Rap said:

Doesn't matter if they have a need for them or not. If it only contained 4 and 5*'s the progression gap will become an even bigger divide in the player base. The 3*'s help stay the gap in both the GMCs and Cavalier Crystals.
    I’m not saying don’t have 3*s. But the number of crystals per week is low or the chances for a 5* should be increased
    Yet another 3*. Such a disappointment every 2 weeks. @Kabam Miike with the new calendars, any plans to update these?
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    If you are Uncollected or Cavalier and these crystals actually bring disappointment, then you are doing something wrong.
    Yet another 3*. Such a disappointment every 2 weeks. @Kabam Miike with the new calendars, any plans to update these?
    SDP said:

If you are Uncollected or Cavalier and these crystals actually bring disappointment, then you are doing something wrong.

How so? You think the amount and frequency of these crystals add a great amount of value to your account?
    I'd love to hear your wisdom.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Caino1023 said:

SDP said:

How so? You think the amount and frequency of these crystals add a great amount of value to your account?
    No. I don’t. And that is the point. It’s a free shot at a 5*, but obviously an unlikely one. Maybe a 4* for a little iso bump. I can’t imagine any scenario in which your progression relies on them enough to be disappointed in them. I don’t expect them to add significant value to my account. I expect to complete content for meaningful progression.

I have never once thought about them in any meaningful way. I generally have nearly a million PHC shards, so they don’t concern me at all honestly. I don’t expect to get anything at all from some small free crystal every couple weeks. I often forget about them entirely. There is zero disappointment for me when I do get around to opening them.

You’re disappointed in the benefits of becoming Uncollected because of a lack of these shards? Really? What about the EQ?

Hey, man. Whatever does it for ya.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    SDP said:

Caino1023 said:

SDP said:

No. I don’t. And that is the point. It’s a free shot at a 5*, but obviously an unlikely one. Maybe a 4* for a little iso bump. I can’t imagine any scenario in which your progression relies on them enough to be disappointed in them. I don’t expect them to add significant value to my account. I expect to complete content for meaningful progression.

I have never once thought about them in any meaningful way. I generally have nearly a million PHC shards, so they don’t concern me at all honestly. I don’t expect to get anything at all from some small free crystal every couple weeks. I often forget about them entirely. There is zero disappointment for me when I do get around to opening them.

You’re disappointed in the benefits of becoming Uncollected because of a lack of these shards? Really? What about the EQ?

Hey, man. Whatever does it for ya.
    Perfectly explained. The literal explanation of the say in "looking a gift horse in the mouth". It's a free crystal that you litterally do nothing to get. Open it and move on.