**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aegon has trouble counting

BayCityBomberBayCityBomber Posts: 29
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
I've been fortunate enough to awaken my 6* Aegon. I took his signature ability to level 71, which brought his abilities to near exactly 50%.

If you're not aware, that means he will carry 50% "of his final Combo Meter" to the next fight.

To the best of my knowledge 50% of 60 is still 30.

Comments

• Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Would someone kindly bring this to the developers?
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Others have mentioned he doesn’t count any final hits, or also any hits beyond the one that KO's opponent such as multi-hit SP's or Heavies (even though they show up in the Win Stats box).
    But even accounting for that, seems like it is always 1 Persistent count less than it should be as well.

At the end of the fight, Aegon adds ##% of his final Combo Meter into...
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    It is the same reason corvus does not get the evade/autoblock charge on the death of the opponent, anything after they reach 0 is not part of the record.
  • Options
    Surprised to see some of you actually defending Kabam. The wording of Aegon's sig ability is absolutely clear.
    If you want to argue the end of fight is when the defender dies and not when the end of fight stats pop up that's one thing, then you should also be arguing that Kabam should stop hit counting after the defender's death.
    Kabam specified "final Combo Meter" and there's only one place to see the final combo meter.
  • Options

Surprised to see some of you actually defending Kabam. The wording of Aegon's sig ability is absolutely clear.
    If you want to argue the end of fight is when the defender dies and not when the end of fight stats pop up that's one thing, then you should also be arguing that Kabam should stop hit counting after the defender's death.
    Kabam specified "final Combo Meter" and there's only one place to see the final combo meter.

There is no defending kabam here, we are telling you HOW it works. The final combo meter score is the score when you kill the opponent. They let you go past that because it is much more difficult to program a stop, and it would just seem odd, so they let you overkill.
  • Options
    Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Having a rank 4 5*Aegon he is doing exactly what his description says. At sig level 125 he carries over 63% of hits landed hits. And he doe just that
  • Options
    I think the same thing may happen to sabertooth if you go past 10 hits on a special and the fight ends, like if doing an sp3. But I'm not 100% sure. It is prob what everyone else says, the fight is over when they are KO, the extra hits don't count
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,640 Guardian
    edited October 2019
    I did several tests with 5* at Sig Level at 50 (43.64%) and again at Sig Level 70 (50.02% carryover). 43.64% didn’t have any good fight examples to see whether exact final SINGLE hit was being counted or not. But in 50.02% an EVEN final Combo (from ending on SINGLE HIT) that last hit (making it an even Combo) DID NOT count when calculating carry-over.

FYI, for reference in doing other tests (which I wasn’t able to capture good examples of for final hits)...
    Heavy is 3 hits.
    Ending Medium is 2 hits.
    SP1 is 1 initial hit then 5 additional from the blast (6 total).
    SP2 is 4 hits.
    All others (initial Medium, and all Light) are just 1 hit.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Lormif said:

There is no defending kabam here, we are telling you HOW it works. The final combo meter score is the score when you kill the opponent. They let you go past that because it is much more difficult to program a stop, and it would just seem odd, so they let you overkill.
    That's ridiculous. Too hard to program that? You're literally telling us that Aegon can somehow magically remember the KO'd hit count, BUT they just can't figure out the darn combo counter on the screen.
    Actually, that's probably exactly what's going on. When the game first released, my recollection is that the fight wasn't over until it was literally over. The problem was that the "lingering" effects while the fight wound down could be problematic. You could "win" the fight but still take DoT damage, for example, because while the defender was dead you still had the debuffs on you. So the game was changed so that at the moment one side KOs the other side essentially "freezes" (it's been a long time, and my recollection is admittedly a bit hazy). So if you die, the computer defender's state freezes, and if the computer defender dies your state freezes. But the game goes through the final animations of the fight, and those can increment the combo counter.

Aegon is probably remembering the counter at the moment the KO happened, because internally that's the moment the game "freezes" your champion's state. But the visual screen can show a higher combo because it continues to run so the game doesn't have to literally freeze the visual activity at the moment one side wins.

It is entirely possible that changing this would involve significant changes to the actual game client, and because those changes are always tricky it could be a very low priority to change.

It is probably a good idea to correct this eventually, but I don't consider this one to be a big deal. And if anyone wants to rules-lawyer technicalities, then I would argue that since the game nowhere states that damage over time debuffs stop damaging the player after the defender champion dies, they should continue to receive that damage in exchange for the extra combo points they are arguing to receive.
  • Options
    OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    I agree it’s really dumb. My Aegon carries over 74% of his combo but when I kill a guy in 10 hits, it only gives me 7 combo.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

I agree it’s really dumb. My Aegon carries over 74% of his combo but when I kill a guy in 10 hits, it only gives me 7 combo.

What’s so dumb about that? 4 rounds down
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

He can’t carry over 0.4 hits, cause there’s no such a thing. And since 7.4 is closer to 7 than it is to 8, carrying only 7 hits it’s accurate ‘-‘
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,640 Guardian
    edited October 2019
    Also, it's not rounded to whichever is “closer”, it is always truncated off (rounded down).
    But I'd like to see screencaps of 10 Combo at 74% actually carrying over 7. What has been seen is that last hit has not been counting (which is one of the problems). So I would assume that case above would only carryover 6 instead. Unless the bug happens only at differing percent abilities (ie, bugged at 50.02%, but working at 74%, but I doubt that).
  • Options

Lormif said:

That's ridiculous. Too hard to program that? You're literally telling us that Aegon can somehow magically remember the KO'd hit count, BUT they just can't figure out the darn combo counter on the screen.

Kabam needs to either respect the hit count they tell their players or stop counting hits after the KO.

I can't help you if you disagree with that.
    If you think saying something is "more difficult" == impossible maybe it is you having difficult to count. The point was not that they could not program it, but that there is no reason to do something extra in this case because they have already told us everything stops at death.
  • Options

What’s so dumb about that? 4 rounds down
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Even when that happens, his count is still off. I've deliberately not used specials and counted the final hit and did the math. His persistent counter is consistently 1 off.
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Elad17 said:

Having a rank 4 5*Aegon he is doing exactly what his description says. At sig level 125 he carries over 63% of hits landed hits. And he doe just that

Elad17 said:

MIne is sig 200 and at 75%, it's easy to do the math and it is just off by 1 every time.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Even when that happens, his count is still off. I've deliberately not used specials and counted the final hit and did the math. His persistent counter is consistently 1 off.
    The killing blow doesn’t count either