**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can someone please explain Bane too me?

So bane says that whichever champion gets hit first they'll start losing 2.5% of there health. How is it when you hit the AI with 76k health they lose 392 per tick at full health but my champ at 31k health loses almost 695 per tick?

Comments

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Bane make you lose 2.5% of the opponent actual life. The more life your opponent have the more health you will lose.

it's the same for the AI which lose health according to your life so if you have 10K the AI will only lose 125 per tick (250 per second)
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    Ok but 392 isnt 2.5% of my health. My health is 31495. So they should be losing 785. But they arent.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

Ok but 392 isnt 2.5% of my health. My health is 31495. So they should be losing 785. But they arent.

The number you see (392) is a tick or half a second. You will see two ticks per second, or 785, per second. This true of any DoT debuff/effect. If you see damage should be 1,000 damage over 10 seconds, you won’t see 100 damage every second, but 50 damage every half second.
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    I gotcha. Didnt think about the half second ticks. Thanks for the help.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

2.5% of 31495 = 787 per second so (787 / 2) = 393 per half second (or per tick as you said)
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,605 Guardian
    edited October 2019
    And you want to be able to Time your combos so that you are in position to be hitting opponent “during” (or very soon after) the Bane Timer switches over to you. The faster you can get it switched back onto opponent (by hitting them), the better off you’ll be.

And the worst position you want to be in is having to be evading and baiting out an opponent’s SP with Bane having transferred back to you (at least hit him one time and then continue to bait his SP).
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    I’m working on this path too. These responses were really helpful for me to understand Bane better. Thanks!
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    In short terms: fun and interactive damage
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

In short terms: fun and interactive damage

Well at least it actually is interactive in this case lol
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Summary:

A fun and interactive form of passive damage that inherently hurts the player more than the AI if you make a mistake.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Actually Bane is interactive; and with practice, you can use it to your advantage. For example, Bane is actually your best weapon against The Collector in 5.2.

Watch Dorky Dave explain it all:

https://youtu.be/UQ2bgs_hjEo