**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus and aggressive armor node

Any update when this inter action will be fixed. When Corvus parried an opponent he would turn the armor up from this node to armor breaks making him a suitable counter he no longer is having this interaction with this node. In which his ability reads all armor breaks are converted.

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Agreed, that and the armor that comes from pessimist/optimist as well.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Is not a bug.

"Well Timed Blocks

Inflicts an Armor Break, reducing the opponents Armor Rating by 352 for 4 seconds. Additional Armor Breaks are inflicted for each active Armor Up effect on the opponent."

As you can read, he places an armor break for every armor up effect on the opponent. Armor break debuffs usually remove armor up BUFFS, but they never did it with passive armor's unless stated somewhere (IW IM or Killmonger, for example).
    So in this case it's working as intended. He places armor breaks, but don't remove the passive armor stacks. Same goes for optimist and pessimist nodes as well
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    @will-o-wisp you be right but his bio reads armor up effects not buffs

Plus he always removed these passive stacks in the past against this node again if this is a change it a shaddy one
    edited October 2019

@will-o-wisp you be right but his bio reads armor up effects not buffs

Thats what I explained above. He is supposed to inflict armor break debuffs, which by nature remove armor up buffs. They do not, and never did (intentionally at least) removed passive armors.
    It doesn’t say passive or buffs it simply states armor up effect. A passive armor up is still an armor up effect
    That's exactly what I said 2x times above ...
    He places an armor break for every armor up effect on the opponent.

What exactly is the issue here, since you did not described it at all? Is he not doing that?
    Again, placing an armor break debuff is one ability, and remove armor up effects is another one. Corvus doesn't remove any by it's base abilities
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Do a search for aggression armor, Corvus’s armor breaks have never removed the stacks.

Additionally you’re reading something that isn’t there for CG’s armor break. He applies an armor break for each armor effect, it says nothing about removing effects for each armor break.
    Watch this video you can clearly see corvus converting the passive armor to Breaks. https://youtu.be/OKn2nVjkkZQ

This node 38 aggression armor in AW
    Also here another person explaining exactly what i am saying https://youtu.be/sGntgAHUIco
    edited October 2019
    First video is also explosive personality which are armor buffs not passives, those are rightfully converted and you can see the first armor break does not convert the passive armor from aggression armor.

There was a thread about the second, he’s wrong.

* In his video he claims the maze imiw functioned differently, this video and the fact no none posted CG as a cheese counter proves he’s wrong.

https://youtu.be/AMwivsLBs2M

What’s happening with RR’s armor is that the armor has more value than the armor breaks applied and you need to bring armor into the negatives for CG to see an increase in damage.
    As you can see, in the first video corvus did NOT removed the passive armor from agression armor. Same thing goes for the rocket raccon video.
    You just posted these videos proving what I waa saying earlier
    Here will take a different approach to my point and the way this use to work because i use to run node 38 in war with aggression armor

This is CM movie info look how it reads
    https://youtu.be/DobS970FnGs

Here is a video of her removing those passive stacks
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/DobS970FnGs

Here is a video of her removing those passive stacks

Read her abilities again.... It says armor up effects, a passive armor up is still an armor up.

Imiw's passives for instance WILL break, not because they are buffs, but because his ability litterally says so.

A stack of Armor is lost each time Iron Man is inflicted by an Armor Break effect.

This is more than likely what you saw previously.

What wont be affected by Corvus is the NODES passives (other than the breaks themselves), which does not follow IMIWs molecular amror rules.
    Again read above under Corvus info it also reads ARMOR UP EFFECTS. Also i am discussing how he use to inter act with aggression armor node not imiw passive armor
    edited October 2019
    He never interacted with passive armor effects. In fact the video you provided is from shortly after his release and if you take the time to listen to it you will hear him say look at that x armor breaks and x armor he’s bugged. No just like him you are not understanding that CG’s armor breaks do not remove passive armors.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/415986

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/72138/iron-man-infinity-war-tier-3-and-above-aw

He’s always worked this way. Repeatedly saying otherwise with zero evidence is ridiculous.

Again read above under Corvus info it also reads ARMOR UP EFFECTS. Also i am discussing how he use to inter act with aggression armor node not imiw passive armor

I have read it.. You are tunneled visioned on the effects part and missing the part of her ability that breaks the rules.

Her ability specifically states she removes them, no matter if they are a buff or a passive:

Striking with a Heavy Attack while the opponent is charging or executing a Heavy Attack removes all Armor Up effects and inflicts Stun for 2.5 seconds.

Corvus' ability does not, it says they get an armor break for each one.

inflicts an Armor Break, reducing the opponents Armor Rating by 352 for 4 seconds. Additional Armor Breaks are inflicted for each active Armor Up effect on the opponent.

So Captain marvels ability explicitly breaks the rules of the game, corvus' does not, and instead relies on IMIW's own ability to let him break the rules for IMIWs buffs only..

edited October 2019
    Show me in her info were it says passive or buff
    It simply states remove armor up effects as does corvus convert armor up effects to armor breaks
    It does not say converts or removes. You are reading something that is not there. Mindblown.
    Armor break is core game mechanic in which since the beginning of MCOC if you place an armor break it removes an armor up. By this core logic all armor ups should be removed. Otherwise if not removed the armor in consider null as useless. But yes the one video was poor example and am looking for a better one i know that this use to function this way because i did that node

Show me in her info were it says passive or buff

i am sorry I am not following. Are you arguing that Corvus should generate an armor break per armor, or that Corvus should remove all the armors after he places the armor break on them?

The first is true, that is what his ability states, but no where in his ability does it say that he can remove the armors even if they are passive.

Since you are talking about him being counter for this node it is assumed you mean remove the armor ups, not just place a break. You need to show where on Corvus' ability sheet it says he removes all effects, like it says on Marvels.

Armor break is core game mechanic in which since the beginning of MCOC if you place an armor break it removes an armor up. By this core logic all armor ups should be removed. Otherwise if not removed the armor in consider null as useless. But yes the one video was poor example and am looking for a better one i know that this use to function this way because i did that node

As I mentioned above, armor break debuffs remove armor up BUFFS. They never did remove passive armor unless stated so.
    Again, its all explained in the abilities. You are stating whats there and creating something that isn't.

Again, passive armor arent removed with armor break debuffs
    And again corvus doe not remove armor up buffs he does ARMOR UP EFFECTS . The same as cap movie info and she removed the passive armor ups
    edited October 2019
    Have it from Kabam themselves.

The team has looked into this and provided some information that might help clarify this. First, Armor Breaks normally only remove Armor Buffs but not Armor Passive Effects, unless an ability says other wise. Iron Man (Infinity War) has Molecular Armor Passives that state that one stack of them will be removed every time he receives an Armor Break. The Aggression: Armor node does not have this and so the Armor Up Passives it provides will not be removed by Armor Breaks normally.

As for Corvus' damage in the videos, it looks to be remaining consistent because the Armor Up Passives from the Aggression: Armor Buff are more potent than the Armor Breaks that Corvus is placing. This allow the opponent's Armor to stay in the positives, which would then be ignored by Corvus' True Damage, resulting in the consistent damage numbers.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/158690/corvus-against-passive-armours-bug
    edited October 2019

And again corvus doe not remove armor up buffs he does ARMOR UP EFFECTS . The same as cap movie info and she removed the passive armor ups

please quote where it states in his sheet he removes any armor. All it states is he puts on an armor break, it never states it removes any thing, it relies on the basic rules of the game, that armor break buffs remove an armor buff 1-1, but not an armor passive.

You are inserting words into his ability that is not there.

Those are both completely different abilities ...
    Although watching this video maybe that interaction happen because the node was broken. Tell what you think is happening here doesn’t look like the node is working properly maybe why i feel this Way
    https://youtu.be/_MGEj0iwNKI